• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I dont care about season 3 anymore but Falke needs her hurtboxes changed. I mean the stuff i'm seeing is crazy bad on that. She's so fun but man if I get punished cause of stupid things like this i'm gonna be angry. Test your fucking characters before releasing them... jesus christ.

There's nothing wrong with her hurtbox.

Half screen pokes should be whiff punishable. It's like that with Dhalsim, it should be like that with Menat.

Guile and Urien were also okay enough at the start as well. Problem was that season 1's top tier was super strong.

There literally has not been one character who people thought was good from Day 1. MAYYYBE Urien, and that has more to do with people having played him for well over a month before he released.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I personally thought Falke played fine, though that trial #10 did trouble me, but managed it. Had to delete some things off my PS4 HDD to just get the download running (some games I've been meaning to start but haven't), though I felt it had something to do with the Fortnite patch that was also ready to download as well.

And that Astaroth Bison costume looks great!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing fine about this:

This one's unfortunate, but it's obviously as designed, too. They didn't want her staff not having a hurtbox.

But yeah, this whole situation reminds me distinctly of Menat's reception when she first came out. It'll be a marvel when a top Falke player is in tournament running around, shooting the opponent precisely. Until then, it'll be a lot of flailing and people figuring she's weak.

She wasn't the most popular after the gameplay reveal, and there's gonna be a huge drop-off for those playing her after this week.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Battle costume color 4 is a D.D. reference, nice
Color 4...isn't that Daisuke Dejima? It's been a while, how've you been man?
004.png
latest

Well it's unlikely everyone is going to go for this, given arcade mode's reception here, but Falke's arcade ending image, with and without the ending description.

I guess we know who wears the pants around the house.

DbkkijPV4AAX6mz.jpg:large

Dbkk_hyVwAAhXiI.jpg:large
This is nice and... also very weird.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll put some work into Falke. Only had enough time to fiddle with her moveset a bit but aside from having no overhead she seems like a character I can delve into.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Her hurt boxes are something. It's physically jarring to watch them get hit like limbs. Rolento never had this issue as far as I'm aware.

Her hitboxes leave a lot to be desired. Mika's jump lk completely evades Falkes cr hp. It's pretty funny to watch.

All things said I think she's an ok character. Obviously held back due to being DLC. Won't see her potential until season 4.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is she good? Stubby normals, no specials safe on block, and very few of her normals can cancel into a special. Am I missing something? She's fun though.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when everyone said Guile was terrible and Akuma was mid tier when they came out...

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He has some great normals. She could almost pass for a SFIV character in that department.

Her specials are unsafe on block. Except some of her v trigger 2 ones. But they're piss easy to confirm into.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, managed to get through all of Falke's trials pretty quickly.

Trial 10 was pretty tricky because of that micro walk you have to do before the downward kick (and the timing is ridiculously tight given how limited her st.m is), but if you can get that down, you can actually just auto pilot the rest of the combo easily.

With that said, if Falke's bnbs end up incorporating micro walk shit, good fucking luck getting a lot of that accomplished on a consistent basis online.

Like, I am straight playing this character like I'm playing Gundam Vs. in terms of holding down buttons and whatnot. I can't imagine playing this character would be that comfortable on a pad.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not nearly upset about hurtboxes as I am her CA not connecting after a medium range VT1 gunshot combo.

That's some Ed ass shit.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing that I hate losing to the most is the crazy desperate rush down that your opponent attempts when you have a big life lead and they manage to score some momentum. I'm not talking about them guessing right on wake up 3 times and you dying. I'm talking about them landing maybe one VT combo, you escape, and they just chase you blind hoping it works and it does. Stuff like you get out of the corner and runaway, you see them rushing furiously towards you and you throw a fireball and they jump at the perfect time to land a full combo.

I've had situations where I just down backed and then got thrown into more madness. I've had matches with Laura players where I got plenty of space and then went for a 3 hit shaku into VT cancel, but they were so desperate that they did EX elbow hoping to catch something and they ended up catching me before the fireball came out because of the long start up.

Honestly I'm no different and have plenty of wins like this myself but I will never not be mad when I'm on the receiving end of it. Which leads me to the next thing. I need to start using V-Reversals in these situations. They could have prevented me so many losses but I've played with the mentality of never using VR so I can have VT for over 2 years now.

Last edited:

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a pro picks up Falke and does well with her soon because the toxicity towards the character is ridiculous right now. Can't even have a proper discussion about her without clowns jumping in yelling worst SF character, she's boring and she sucks, or lul her animations. People are impatience as hell, if you aren't doing flashy stuff and not winning with a day 1 character right out the gate, they go to the extreme with their hate boners. I get not liking the character, but some of these guys act like the character did something personal to them, it's fucking odd.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why Guile never got roasted for his weird forward walk. Maybe it's because you can combine it with his crouch walk for a slick gliding teabag maneuver.

UncleMeat

Oct 25, 2017
As an Ed player, Capcom cheated me first!

(is that really cheating?)
Fair enough...

I don't know if it's cheating, and I don't really care was just giving you shit as you probably knew. But I do have the hori fightpad as well and would like to be able to do that....but can't since I'm on ps4. So of course if it were me there's no way I'd be able to sleep at night but you do you :)

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough...

I don't know if it's cheating, and I don't really care was just giving you shit as you probably knew. But I do have the hori fightpad as well and would like to be able to do that....but can't since I'm on ps4. So of course if it were me there's no way I'd be able to sleep at night but you do you :)
lol okay

I insist, Capcpom should let players configure their pads however they want. It could be done on SF4 as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.