• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Infiltration just roasted the SHIT out of Falke for her forward walk slide/stutter.

Hope a clip shows up soon.
The irony here is that her forward and backward walk is some of her best animations, and are well thought out... Past the start up at least! The first step is unique animation and aren't part of the walk loop. In the first step of her forward walk she holds her hair and then let go in the rest of the walk loop animation while her backward walk start off with a very fanservicy first step, then move on to holding her hair in the rest of the walk loop animation with no butt fanservice.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The irony here is that her forward and backward walk is some of her best animations, and are well thought out... Past the start up at least! The first step is unique animation and aren't part of the walk loop. In the first step of her forward walk she holds her hair and then let go in the rest of the walk loop animation while her backward walk start off with a very fanservicy first stem, then move on to holding her hair in the rest of the walk loop animation with no butt fanservice.
its shit, innit.

Oct 25, 2017
Are people pretending characters don't stutter step since the dawn of time in 2D fighters? What a weird thing. Her st.lk makes it look more awkward, I guess.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hopefully a pro picks up Falke and does well with her soon because the toxicity towards the character is ridiculous right now. Can't even have a proper discussion about her without clowns jumping in yelling worst SF character, she's boring and she sucks, or lul her animations. People are impatience as hell, if you aren't doing flashy stuff and not winning with a day 1 character right out the gate, they go to the extreme with their hate boners. I get not liking the character, but some of these guys act like the character did something personal to them, it's fucking odd.

Yeah man the twitch chat of Infiltration I was watching yesterday.... Jesus some immature children. Menat got shit on at release as well and I was playing her then as well. Now I want Falke to be my new main but I'm trying to not let idiots discourage me.

bob_arctor

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely like Falke. She makes you play patiently and watch your spacing, which for me always helps. I like the technical aspects of her for sure. And the air throw is nice. I do wish she had more unique staff attacks/specials though. (I totally forgot about her downwards dive kick btw)

Oct 25, 2017
canada
This video says nothing about Falk's cr.lp reach, Chun doesn't have a hurtbox on her extended leg during idle, even if the staff was all a hitbox it still wouldn't hit like that!
3r1baSV.png

this blew my mind, good to know

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I have ever had more difficulty with crossups than in SFV.

Like I swear, my timing for reacting to the jump and then blocking a cross up is better in almost every other FG I have ever played, but this one... I have no clue what's wrong. I know I set up the block input in time but a lot of times I still get stuffed.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think I have ever had more difficulty with crossups than in SFV.

Like I swear, my timing for reacting to the jump and then blocking a cross up is better in almost every other FG I have ever played, but this one... I have no clue what's wrong. I know I set up the block input in time but a lot of times I still get stuffed.
I remember sf4 had bullshit where they cross up but land on same side.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
SFIV and SFxT had tones of 50/50 cross ups when if someone jumps at you from a certain distance one button would cross up while another can stay in front. This was basically my oki game with Nina in SFxT! :D

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I remember sf4 had bullshit where they cross up but land on same side.

It's been too long since I've played SFIV, but in those kind of situations, would the player still land on the opposite side even if the hit itself registers on the front?

If that happens, maybe I am just blocking in the other direction too early, I dunno. Kind of grasping at straws on this one because unless the frame delay + latency makes that big of a difference with cross ups, I just have no clue what's going on.

Oggy

Oct 28, 2017
U.S.
Falke's f+dHK is really hard to link after a jump attack. You have to do jHP or jHK at the last moment. Gonna be practicing this for hours.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Falke's f+dHK is really hard to link after a jump attack. You have to do jHP or jHK at the last moment. Gonna be practicing this for hours.
It reminds me of FANG's S2.0 st.hk being 14 frames and requiring as deep a jumpin as humanly possible for it to combo.

I honestly feel like it's not worth going for with the exception of maybe stun combos.

Oggy

Oct 28, 2017
U.S.
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Infiltration just roasted the SHIT out of Falke for her forward walk slide/stutter.

Hope a clip shows up soon.

The irony here is that her forward and backward walk is some of her best animations, and are well thought out... Past the start up at least! The first step is unique animation and aren't part of the walk loop. In the first step of her forward walk she holds her hair and then let go in the rest of the walk loop animation while her backward walk start off with a very fanservicy first step, then move on to holding her hair in the rest of the walk loop animation with no butt fanservice.

Are people pretending characters don't stutter step since the dawn of time in 2D fighters? What a weird thing. Her st.lk makes it look more awkward, I guess.

Wait wat? What is everyone seeing that I'm not?

Oh and speaking of bullshit crossups, Ken's j.hp in sf4 kept me up at night. Ugh.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoy Falke, I am still not quite sure what their game plan was for her.

Okay she has a staff, but she's very reserved and mechanical from a personality perspective, so she can't be too flashy with her movesets (so having her swag around like Billy Kane is out). So the result is some really stiff looking style that resembles less a person using a martial art like how Killik moves and fights, but more just kinda... swinging a pole. Some people may like that, it's still "meh" for me personally.

But she has this full Donatello staff, but very limited or deceptive range because so many people have stubby normals in this game. And I get why her hurt boxes are extended, but for a character with really slow walk speed and a bad backdash, cut her a little bit of a break (I was fighting an Akuma and man that was painful, trades everywhere or buttons just getting stuffed). Maybe she honestly was meant for super up close play, but... she's so slow getting in, not too great at keeping people out or punishing whiffs, and is pretty depressing in terms of reversal options.

Her fireball game is doesn't seem too bad, better than Ryu at least, but she ain't putting up a fight whatsoever against someone like Guile at range, maybe even Menat.

I really just want to know exactly how Capcom really invisioned her playing like on paper.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
After seeing Falke's super a bunch of times, man does it suck. She vaults into the air without any effort, then hits her opponent twice with next to no impact on either hit. I'm shocked at how bad it is, especially considering how both Sakura and Blanka got decent ones.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It took me so long to get trial 5 of all things done with Falke that I then quit to the menu sure that I was never going to use this character.
My ability to link three whole standing attacks together was shocking.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It's like they given up on her. She's supposed to be German with no accent. Her weapon of choice and only uses the tip of it on her standing strong and flails around with it. And she's supposed to be cold hearted but sparring with ED shows otherwise.

And she was able to be at ED and insult Balrog then Neo Shadaloo is off on a very bad start. Whatever their goal is.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got any tips? Any specific late/early timings or any tricks that might help. I tried to move forward in between moves but still can't get it.

I hit the j. HP as far up as possible and VT canceled as fast as possible. Doing this I was able to get the df HK to st. MP like 20% of the time haha but better than me not getting it at all.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
You should be able to choose if you want the 2nd hit of her VT2 activation.

Use the full activation with both parts as a ender or only the first horizontal swing to extend combos by pulling the opponent in with the swing like Juri's VT2 activation or to go into VT2 by just whiffing the first swing.

Having to do the full thing to activate is just bad

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing Falke's super a bunch of times, man does it suck. She vaults into the air without any effort, then hits her opponent twice with next to no impact on either hit. I'm shocked at how bad it is, especially considering how both Sakura and Blanka got decent ones.
I was watching Valle's stream last night and I swear every time she did her super it was all "boring", it's like people got a newsletter of what to say about her. I couldn't disagree more, I like that it's just to the point and not some overwrought time waster.

I take SF4's shenanigans over SFV's
Go back to SF4 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.