• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what the hell Chen is talking about. In tournament: People mash while still being negative all the time. People mash invincible moves when they're negative. People mistime meaties (how many times do people get hit with disrespectful wake-up moves canceled into V-Trigger? SO MANY). Disrespecting your opponent with normals is still very much a thing with these moves when you have mental advantage.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno what the hell Chen is talking about. In tournament: People mash while still being negative all the time. People mash invincible moves when they're negative. People mistime meaties (how many times do people get hit with disrespectful wake-up moves canceled into V-Trigger? SO MANY). Disrespecting your opponent with normals is still very much a thing with these moves when you have mental advantage.
I don't understand Chen's comments to be honest. How can he say there's no human error anymore?

Oct 25, 2017
This AI group used machine learning to make new winquotes for SFII, and it's honestly the funniest thing ever.

Sagat's quote is the best.
Boxer and Blanka's quotes are great too.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Last night I joined a battle lounge, and the first message to pop up was "No Falke Please". So I left, because that's who I was trying to figure out.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The director of SFV has been Tweeting about Falke/Neo Shadaloo lore.
  • Falke's birthday is May 25. Such info will be published in an official capacity in the future.
  • Falke considers herself Ed's older sister and is very protective of him.
  • Falke grew up in an area of the Shadaloo facility where German was spoken.
  • The limited edition e-Capcom book contains small hints about the Neo Shadaloo mystery.
  • "Gorilla-kun" has a proper backstory, and his real name has meaning.
I can't stop laughing at "Gorilla-kun".

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The director of SFV has been Tweeting about Falke/Neo Shadaloo lore.
  • Falke's birthday is May 25. Such info will be published in an official capacity in the future.
  • Falke considers herself Ed's older sister and is very protective of him.
  • Falke grew up in an area of the Shadaloo facility where German was spoken.
  • The limited edition e-Capcom book contains small hints about the Neo Shadaloo mystery.
  • "Gorilla-kun" has a proper backstory, and his real name has meaning.
Winston's totally S4.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
For all the jazz guys, Gootecks is shooting a video with Kamasi Washington and Battlecat for the song Street Fighter Mas according to his Instagram. We truly are in the era of Street Fighter "influenced" songs.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand Chen's comments to be honest. How can he say there's no human error anymore?
Yeah, that's insane. I see dropped combos and mistimed meaties all the time. Hell, during his FT10 with Daigo, Tokido failed to jump over a fullscreen fireball.

Nevermind people like Nemo who hit cr.MP when they're -8 and in the corner.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

It is super weird. His perception is clearly tainted by his own narrative. The "no drops in pro play" theory was put to rest by the end of the first SFV tournament. People are still frequently dropping shit. People are using unoptimized shit. People are getting caught doing silly things. People are reacting poorly. All that human error stuff is still all over the place. If you watch a tournament, you will see it.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I'm really going back to the game since AE dropped and my match quality is so much worse now. It's 5 bar matches with a ton of rollback. Wtf is going on here?
Funny thing is, I actually have a better internet connection now, my latency is about half of what it used to be (15 ms vs 30 ms)

I noticed it's often against PS4 players (I'm on PC). Anything I can do or try here?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I'm really going back to the game since AE dropped and my match quality is so much worse now. It's 5 bar matches with a ton of rollback. Wtf is going on here?
Funny thing is, I actually have a better internet connection now, my latency is about half of what it used to be (15 ms vs 30 ms)

I noticed it's often against PS4 players (I'm on PC). Anything I can do or try here?
Make sure you don't have that Puma thing going on w/ your router if that changed.

Might want to loosen to 4-5 to see if that helps.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

I notice if you match against other platforms it tends to happen more. Same as you, not so much.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for Gorilla-kun even though we have Alex/Necalli/Blanka already.

I'm guessing he'll be a stance character with different modes coordinated with whatever color those rings on his chest are. Freeze me until Season 4.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this either in tournament there are a ton of drops, missed capitalization of opportunities, and missed Critical Arts . People say they want zoning and more complex characters then when they happen with someone with Menat they don't play her (some don't) cause she's too complex. Then on stream when its Menat vs Menat and zoning is happening chat does Resident Sleeper for the entire match.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, did Extra Battles always display difficulty? Just noticed that last week's costume battle was "Easy" while the upcoming one is "Normal." Meanwhile, Shadow Nash will be "Extremely Hard."

Edit: Checked some old screenshots and this is definitely a new addition. It's a step in the right direction, though I wish they'd use numbered difficulty. Still, at least people somewhat know what they're getting into now.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel vs Capcom Nash is up.

Difficulty: Extremely hard

Well that wasn't too bad. Only took 5k

DbwwdJLU0AErKlt.jpg

Last edited:

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Beat Shadow Nash on the third try, though he almost made a full comeback in that round but wasn't ready for the online special.

His main gimmicks are a full 6 hit conversion with oki off his overhead (he will spam this up close), and a moonsault he can start at the top of his jump that comes pretty far forward. At the range he tries that moonsault he's going to try to land behind you and hit you with cMK (which he gets the same conversion he gets off his overhead, and will not ever fail to land).

The brain for him reminds me of Shadow Bison, in which he is going to be permanently aggro, but vulnerable to 3-4f traps. He'll often try to jam those gaps and get counterhit. Try to get a knockdown with oki near the start of the round, and then meaty frame trap him repeatedly. Don't let him get away from you because it'll obliterate you in the scrambles.

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, did Extra Battles always display difficulty? Just noticed that last week's costume battle was "Easy" while the upcoming one is "Normal." Meanwhile, Shadow Nash will be "Extremely Hard."

Edit: Checked some old screenshots and this is definitely a new addition. It's a step in the right direction, though I wish they'd use numbered difficulty. Still, at least people somewhat know what they're getting into now.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132383?lang=en
-- Added the difficulty to the Extra Battle explanation text.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
IG are not the reason KI was the fun game it was. Double Helix built that shit. IG just made the expacks on an extremely solid base.

KI brand was hurt because of Double Helix's name. And now it's a different game from what is was in 2013 in content. And made balance patches a big deal by hosting streams.

Oct 25, 2017
KI brand was hurt because of Double Helix's name. And now it's a different game from what is was in 2013 in content. And made balance patches a big deal by hosting streams.
The "KI brand"? This was the first game since 1996. Double Helix created this modern KI that you apparently love so much. How the hell could they have hurt its name lol
Of course people were skeptical before it was released, but they deserve all the credit-

Status
Not open for further replies.