• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Would they dare give this to Menat?

944468-re_shevatribal__article_image.jpg

Search your heart. You know the answer.

These are for free too. :P I know what you mean though and I don't like it either. Adding lootboxes now just makes it out like Capcom wants to give people ammunition to hate on the game.

Ha!

I don't care for loot boxes myself. As long as they're only for cosmetics and not gameplay matters (like actual moves and such), I can tolerate them.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Loot box stuff doesn't typically sound offensive per chance on paper, though.

It costs a minimum of 10,000 FM for the extra battle costumes, and those don't even have all the colors, so I can't imagine you'll end up spending much less than that on average for the loot costumes. Who knows how much crappy art and stuff they will dump in there, and how they will manipulate the odds.

If, on average, it took 10,000 FM to get a costume through the loot box system then I would be okay with that. Hell, maybe one time it only takes 5000, maybe another time it takes 15,000. That isn't awful. However, I assume it is going to take WAY more than that. Hopefully, onetime assets, like art, will be completely removed once you win them once. That would also make this more palatable. My hopes are not high...

Oct 27, 2017
Would they dare give this to Menat?

944468-re_shevatribal__article_image.jpg

And G is totally getting a Mr. X costume now that he has a hat
They kinda like to cross-promote their new games in SFV (MHW, DMC5), if they go with RE costumes I think they'll release those 2 first:
riccardo-minervino-e3-cover-1-e1529353118941.jpg

If, on average, it took 10,000 FM to get a costume through the loot box system then I would be okay with that. Hell, maybe one time it only takes 5000, maybe another time it takes 15,000. That isn't awful. However, I assume it is going to take WAY more than that. Hopefully, onetime assets, like art, will be completely removed once you win them once. That would also make this more palatable. My hopes are not high...
There are consumables in the loot boxes.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This is your monthly reminder that Resident Evil characters have perfect SF analogues for crossover costumes.

Ryu - Chris (calculated dark-haired heroes)
Ken - Leon (brash blonde heroes)
Chun-Li - RE1 Jill (headstrong female cops; Chun-Li also transforms into Jill in Pocket Fighter)
Cammy - RE5 Jill (brainwashed blonde femme fatales)
Nash - Wesker (bespectacled teleporters fueled by a mysterious energy) [Bison also works for similar reasons]
Abigail - Nemesis (massive villainous 'pursuers')
Sakura - Claire (searches for and closely associated with Ryu/Chris)

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This is your monthly reminder that Resident Evil characters have perfect SF analogues for crossover costumes.

Chun-Li - RE1 Jill (headstrong female cops; Chun-Li also transforms into Jill in Pocket Fighter)
Nash - Wesker (bespectacled teleporters fueled by a mysterious energy) [Bison also works for similar reasons]

I think Rebecca is a better pick for Sakura. Aesthetically speaking, that is.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Abigail dressed as Nemesis doing the "Vroom Vroom" animations would make a happy man.

Rebecca needs to come back too.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

I don't see sakura as claire, especially the older one in revelations 2

Also Give me the Ed/ Jake skin stat

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, and Billy Coen already got a Cody alt, so it seems appropriate that Cody would get a Billy Coen alt. They also both have that heroic escaped prisoner thing going.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone summarize everything that's changing to survival and the schedule for Extra Battle after Gloria?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I Fang literally slings around filth that poisons people

is it that much worse? How much is your dignity worth, really if you playing fang?
Think of it like this.

Winning with Laura is like visiting a beautiful prostitute after a successful robbery.

Sure you have the amazing body of a beautiful woman in front of you to ease your mind but it doesnt take away the shame of the fact that you just committed robbery.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I

Edit: Holy shit I didnt even READ about them improving Survival and the other mode. Capcom truly blessed us.

Last edited:

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, at least now you can save your progress in Survival. That shit would've been a godsend back when I was doing the survival trophies.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Think of it like this.

Winning with Laura is like visiting a beautiful prostitute after a successful robbery.

Sure you have the amazing body of a beautiful woman in front of you to ease your mind but it doesnt take away the shame of the fact that you just committed robbery.

I feel like the issue is is that luara players don't feel shame for committing the robbery

Also if laura is commiting a robbery, what the fuck is akuma? Or ibuki?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone summarize everything that's changing to survival and the schedule for Extra Battle after Gloria?
They're adding some consumable items for survival called battle goods, and you can use up to five between rounds but being consumables they're one time use. There will be an option to have standard survival with only the base 16 characters, or random survival that features every character. They are adding an option to continue in survival if you lose, you pay 1000FM and get full health and meter stocks. V-Gauge also transfers between rounds now. You'll also be able to save your progress in survival at the end of each round, so you can quit out and continue whenever you want.

They're also adding lootboxes in the form of Menat fortune reading, where for 500FM a try, you can get battle goods, exclusive costumes, exclusive colours, and various art.

They haven't shown the extra battle schedule after Gloria in the blog post but her last piece is scheduled for 7/27 - 8/02.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I feel like the issue is is that luara players don't feel shame for committing the robbery
Exactly. Only a specific type of person can play Laura.
Also if laura is commiting a robbery, what the fuck is akuma? Or ibuki?
Akuma is not robbery, he's just annoying. He's the guy who tells you he's gonna punch you and while you're still trying to process that statement since it came out of the blue, he punches you.

Ibuki is straight up gangster though.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
Air man costume looks cool but why the hell is rashid getting another one when he already got the viewtiful joe one, spread the love capcom :/

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Survival getting incrementally harder instead of being consistently braindead until last 5 fights is the real improvement here.

oryx_callotis

Jun 6, 2018
I played the AI in fighting games way back when I was still in infant school and the Internet wasn't really a thing for playing them, but why would anyone want to do so today? Fighting games are one of the very few genres where playing an AI just doesn't work. In RTS's, you can still have a reasonable amount of fun messing with campaigns and skirmishes (you can spice things up by including campaign-only units, such as in Starcraft / SupCom), same for FPS's to an extent (the first thing I think about is UT2K4 because I played that a bunch before I managed to get a phone line installed). I can't really think of many ways to spice this up unlike these other two genres, maybe M.O.M. mode in Xrd, but I have never touched it, apparently you can just give yourself nutty abilities such as Pot Busters while playing Sol and so on.

In fact, I think Xrd did the whole single-player thing the best because it didn't interrupt the *cough* plot with an AI fight every 5 minutes. You just sit and watch the silly story until you get bored and do something else. In fact, I don't think I ever did a single character story in SF4 in its entire lifetime, I just watched the anime cut-scenes on YouTube. I did them in SFV just because you get FM and unlock the costume for purchase, and thank the lord they only take a few minutes each to blitz through.

Oct 26, 2017
That Air Man. Out of the blue (quite literally). As a Rashid player, it's a must have.

The lootbox stuff is shittier than shit, though.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
That Air Man. Out of the blue (quite literally). As a Rashid player, it's a must have.

The lootbox stuff is shittier than shit, though.

The thing is... even if it isn't shittier than shit, which it likely will be, it is still a bad move. Even if this ends up being fairly generous, it is still bad for the optics. People are quite simply fed up with loot boxes right now. Capcom is pretty bad at reading the room sometimes...

Oct 26, 2017
The thing is... even if it isn't shittier than shit, which it likely will be, it is still a bad move. Even if this ends up being fairly generous, it is still bad for the optics. People are quite simply fed up with loot boxes right now. Capcom is pretty bad at reading the room sometimes...

This feels like someone decided a year ago that they should have this feature, and noone stepped in and removed it. I'm pretty sure Capcom isn't doing agile development...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Cody definately should get a Krauser alt.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh I don't mind this Fortune thing seeing as I have more than enough Fight Money now that Capcom have just stopped making stages.

But hey, we get shitty crossover costumes so it's all OK! /s

Status
Not open for further replies.