• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why people despise FM so much. If this was any other FG you'd have to pay with real money, 500FM is nothing in comparison.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The FM system was only ever good on paper. These tactics to re-correct their bad handling of the system is just making it even worse.

I strongly disagree. Even as it is, in the worst state it has ever been in, I think the system is a good one. Even the loot boxes wouldn't be as much a problem if we just had a more reliable means for earning FM. I don't mind them giving us a variety of avenues to spend it, we just need more of it first.

There are a lot of things they could do to improve this system, but the system itself is still pretty great.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know how people can crap on the FM system.

I'd buy a bunch of other fighting games if I could do what I can do in SFV. I enjoy the grind and it's gotten me every character except for two that I paid for because I was impatient.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, even if you just do the 2.5kFM weekly challenge that's five times you can use this Fortune thing a week, and unlike Extra Battle you're guaranteed to get something every time you do it.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
FM is annoying, but I got 9 DLC characters for free so I can't complain too hard. I do agree that it's crap that they keep coming up with new ways to spend it without offering new ways to earn it.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
The lootbox mini-game is pretty tame compared to some of the BS other publishers have pulled, but the timing and optics are terrible. SFV is still struggling to shake off the bad perceptions about the game, the last thing the game needs is to be associated with loot boxes.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the priorities of the accountant working on the game.
First, you make FM buyable with real money, THEN you make the system unfair, predatory and terrible for F2P people. Not the other way around.

Oct 25, 2017
First, you make FM buyable with real money, THEN you make the system unfair, predatory and terrible for F2P people. Not the other way around.

I think the idea is that they're continuously looking for a way for people to spend their fight money, thus increasing the likelihood that people will pay in cash or buy season passes for content.

greenpower22

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

What F2P people???? SFV is not a free game. We all paid for it and it has less content than previous games. When you beat story modes for Ruy and Chun-Lee you get an alternate costume unlock but for all other characters you get the 'honor' to unlock them with Fight Money. The same Fight Money that they give is such low quantities and is such shady ways(like pay a a fee to try an extra battle even if there are limited tries) and that got at least halved after Season 3. And now they add new ways to leech off any Fight Money you may have with lootboxes and retries in Survival? Could you retry and lose like 25% of your accumulated score? No that would be insane....
At least some people can earn the Survival trophy now I guess....

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Oct 25, 2017
I find it kind of funny that they announce loot boxes the same day Rocket League and PUBG announce battle passes, ie the new hot micro-transactions. Along with not having a way to buy FM it's just like man, they're really bad at this (which might still be a good thing for us).

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thus increasing the likelihood that people will pay in cash or buy season passes for content.
That's the thing: you can't pay in cash. If you're really bad and failed repeatedly to get the 4th part of a costume to the point you don't have FM anymore, the only way you can try another time is to win 50 matches online before the end of the week.
Or am I reading the system wrong and is it not a cash grab, but instead a miserable attempt to convince people to play online more, and populate the servers?
What a mysterious game.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am positively peeved with people giving Capcom crap for this update. They finally listened to the fans and made Survival an actual mode and what do people do, complain that they put lootboxes in the game. They trully cannot win.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I am positively peeved with people giving Capcom crap for this update. They finally listened to the fans and made Survival an actual mode and what do people do, complain that they put lootboxes in the game. They trully cannot win.
They're not even full on loot boxes, they use in-game currency that has to be acquired in-game. You can't buy it with real cash money moolah cheddar.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing: you can't pay in cash

Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant paying for characters. My assumption is that capcom want to incentivise and steer people to pay with fight money for stuff that they can only get with fight money, thus making it so that they're a tiny bit more likely to pay with cash for the stuff that you can pay for with either.

It's not a bad idea and they seem to be giving some new and some old content with it, so I'm ok with it really.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe

Survival still seems to shit tbh. And I don't really get why people shouldn't complain about a thing they don't like. Maybe if Capcom didn't add lootboxes people wouldn't complain about them.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant paying for characters. My assumption is that capcom want to incentivise and steer people to pay with fight money for stuff that they can only get with fight money, thus making it so that they're a tiny bit more likely to pay with cash for the stuff that you can pay for with either.

It's not a bad idea and they seem to be giving some new and some old content with it, so I'm ok with it really.

This already worked on me, I was thinking about FM earlier this year to purchase S3 characters, but then I saw the season pass on sale at GMG and thought I better just save my fight money for all that other stuff.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're never going to give you the ability to buy FM with cash because they don't want to touch the lootbox debate.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
doesn't even look bad
That's fine, you still have classics like this to keep you company.

abgchun2.png

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom sponsoring a $10 T-shirt to add to the EVO prize pool. If they hit 1000 people buying one, everyone registered gets one.

edit: The money is explicitly earmarked for 9th-32nd place to help make up for Mr. Wiz's love of the top-heavy top 8 payouts. Good job Capcops.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
FM is annoying, but I got 9 DLC characters for free so I can't complain too hard. I do agree that it's crap that they keep coming up with new ways to spend it without offering new ways to earn it.
The problem isn't even that they're coming up with new ways to spend FM. The problem is that there are increasingly more ways to spend it without getting anything good guaranteed in return. If they wanted to drain people's FM, they could have easily just allowed all premium costumes to be purchased with FM. But they know that they can get people to spend more FM in the long run by feeding off their gambling tendencies. I wouldn't even be averse to the fortunes if they were just something you won after an online battle, but tying them to the FM system is gross given how few ways there are to earn FM consistently.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

lol, what? You think, after last year's loot box shit show, people shouldn't complain about capcom putting loot boxes into the game? We're just supposed to be like "yay, they fixed survival!" and completely ignore a new feature coming to the game. A feature adding fucking loot boxes? Huh? Also, this could easily be capcom testing out loot boxes for SF6. But nah, they finally listened to us, don't complain!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Good. They shouldn't automatically get a "win" by sneaking in a predatory model with other updates. The improvements to survival can be praised while still critcizing adding loot boxes.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1207.jpg

luce pls

Survival is garbage. Is still garbage. Will always be garbage.

The way you fix Survival is by getting rid of it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Shoryuken is in the Pachislot version- selectable CAs are almost certainly happening w/ S5/SSFV.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Id be on the same page as you had they fixed it while survival used to give FM for completing each stage with characters. But they waited after they took the one time FM sources out of the game to turn it into another FM sink. All this while giving no new ways to earn it. Even the gacha wouldn't even be as bad if you could potentially win FM from it. And why are they draining it to the extent that they are? Once you run out of fighters to level up, you're basically waiting at capcom's mercy for shadaloo FM soldiers to grace you with a chance at getting a significant amount.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom sponsoring a $10 T-shirt to add to the EVO prize pool. If they hit 1000 people buying one, everyone registered gets one.

edit: The money is explicitly earmarked for 9th-32nd place to help make up for Mr. Wiz's love of the top-heavy top 8 payouts. Good job Capcops.

Aww man I want one! Not sure I could justify going to Evo though

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Man, I really want that shirt. Zero chance I can go to EVO though. Guess I will have to hope someone puts one on Ebay afterwards. :-(

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Selectable CAs/V-Reversals are a relatively low-cost method to add to the game without having to do much in the way of animations/balancing/etc. New V-Skills would be much more challenging.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, these have clearly been animated and made for this pachislot game, I don't see why they can't come over to SFV at some point in the future.
Because I think they were created for the pachislot game, and that's it. Much like many, many other pachislots of its kind in Japan. It's a huge industry, where content from various series are commonly exclusive to the pachislots.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I think they were created for the pachislot game, and that's it. Much like many, many other pachislots of its kind in Japan. It's a huge industry, where content from various series are commonly exclusive to the pachislots.

Hmm, yeah I suppose it's likely this is just for the pachislot game. That'd suck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.