• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
Fired this up last night for the first time in weeks.

Played only one ranked set. Went 2-1 against an Akuma who had an 11 win streak.

Closed the game. Time to not play for another three or four weeks.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Capcom needs to better patch their games. These can degrade the game's performance like with Ghost on the Xbox or BF3's last piece of DLC on PC.

Now the Falke updated messed something up that now. I can't keep a solid 60fps anymore and changing the graphics settings and even down scaling to 1440p has no changes to the FPS.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever revealed any plan for making some costume extra battles available again? Been away from the game for a while and it would be a bummer that some costumes for which I have already some components are now unobtainable

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Have they ever revealed any plan for making some costume extra battles available again? Been away from the game for a while and it would be a bummer that some costumes for which I have already some components are now unobtainable
No announcements so far. It would make sense that they'd settle on some kind of rotation or just start selling them directly, but I guess this is Capcom we're talking about.

UncleMeat

Oct 25, 2017
Fired this up last night for the first time in weeks.

Played only one ranked set. Went 2-1 against an Akuma who had an 11 win streak.

Closed the game. Time to not play for another three or four weeks.
I like your style. I have a tendency to do a Costanza-like leave on a high note maneuver when I play ranked as well but I'm trying to fight it.

It's also impossible for me to quit playing after a loss, not sure I've ever done it.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Juri doesn't look too bad in SFIV (she is probably one of the better-animated characters in that game), but she is SO much better in SFV. Just look at that backdash... in SFIV it is fine, but it is awesome in SFV.
Yeah she looks pretty decent in SF4, unlike like some other characters. But her animation in SFV is something else.

w3aZYh7.gif

P0SeECS.gif

xhQ0SL3.gif

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Has there been a datamine of season 4 yet? C viper in was a rumour last I heard. I really have no interest in G and Sagat. Falke was the most exciting character this season. If only she got buffs :(

Oct 25, 2017
Barely? You pay a fee to get few randomized cosmetics that you can only get that way. It is straight up a lootbox. Maybe not as bad as something other companies do but it is still a lootbox.

This inclusion is stupid and totally unneccessary. There is no reason why all of these couldn't just be bought from a store instead of having to pay random value.
Bought from the store with real money or fight money?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a datamine of season 4 yet? C viper in was a rumour last I heard. I really have no interest in G and Sagat. Falke was the most exciting character this season. If only she got buffs :(
We've only had leaks when it comes to characters. Kira's datamining was primarily costumes/modes. The only character implication was that at a NPC/Boss version of Gill/Seth could be coming.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Alpha/Alpha 2 in the SFAC has really made me a fan of him. I really hope he comes back.

It'll be funny if Sodom comes back and they just play up his weeaboo traits even more. They would do that.

Have his primary weapons be a pair of sai with the option of going back to the jitte via a button code (or have his old costume with it). One of his V-Trigger should involve dual wielding his katana for the rest of the round, giving Sodom his X-ISM stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be funny if Sodom comes back and they just play up his weeaboo traits even more. They would do that.

Have his primary weapons be a pair of sai with the option of going back to the jitte via a button code (or have his old costume with it). One of his V-Trigger should involve dual wielding his katana for the rest of the round, giving Sodom his X-ISM stuff.
And he should hit you twice with the katana and you just die. Keep it just like Final Fight.

...I mean they already did with Abigail....

Last edited:

UncleMeat

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fight Aficionados,

Is Final Fight: Double Impact a good port? 360 version is backwards compatible on xbox one.

Haven't played it in over 20 years and never played it on console, more of Streets of Rage guy which I still like playing, so I think it'd be fun to pick up if it's good.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
So I'm wondering, if only because the community moniker was silly to me, will any further balance patches that happen, say, just before Evo or something, be called Season 3.75 or something?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing G will be revealed at Evo and Sagat will be revealed during TGS or in a random blog post in September/October.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
The time frame less so than just it happening at all. We've got 3 characters out, but the "3.5" patch was out with the second one. We're on the verge of the 4th character releasing but there hasn't been much changed since that bigger patch other than adding Falke. Is this patch that changes survival mode and adds the FM boxes going to make actual changes otherwise?

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Nah breh. They have to make his classic theme epic like this:

Nah, not convincing me over the hype EX theme

However, something mellow like this would be neat,you know reflect his new personality

Sagat was the only non-Shimomura theme on the original SF2. And it... kinda shows.

When you are stacked up against one of the best composers in video games, and to be honest one of the most accomplished composers in media well... you see it. Or hear it in this case

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I see no reason why Capcom should give a single fuck about TGS.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Honestly I see no reason why Capcom should give a single fuck about TGS.
Come on, you know that its the biggest gaming convention in their homeland. They've used TGS to hold CPT events, an SFV invitational in 2017, and to reveal Urien gameplay and all the stuff that came with his associated SFV patch (like the additional stage transitions/interactions). TGS will also be a great opportunity for them to let Japanese fans play the REmake 2 demo and a DMCV demo. (A DMCV demo will be at Gamescom so it'll likely reappear at TGS). They're going to be promoting a lot of games there.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I meant in relation to SFV, but whatevs.

Capcom is hosting a CPT Premier Event at TGS again like they have several times before. As far as I know, this has always been them doing it and not granting Premier status to a bunch of guys who wants to put on a event. So it's would be kind of hard to ignore TGS when you're using the event to put on your own event within it.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Managed 2/3 on the silver Shadaloo Soldier, almost managing my 2nd attempt by just a sliver of health; used Abigail on all 3 attempts, spamming back j. HK and the command run followed by the flip (sometimes I pressed back to make him roll back instead). Probably shouldn't take my word on the that one. Tried the command throw trick, but the AI saw it coming.

Abigail now leveled up from 21 to 30 and overall FM net gain was 4500.

Status
Not open for further replies.