• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damage output in this sequence (at 3:10) is pretty huge, and he didn't need a reset or a V-trigger cancel combo to do it. Pretty specific scenario, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goody, I just wasted three rounds of Extra Battle with Blanka. And I can't go back to Rashid, he's level 30.

Tell me how I'm supposed to cheese the Shadaloo soldiers without Rashid. I need more than just "spam rolling attack," I'm dense and take that shit to its logical conclusion.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I mean there's no trigger extension but you need to have trigger active, have enough v meter left for 3 pipe moves, have them in the corner, telegraph it with the rock lob before they wake up, and still have them not only not block but actually try to jump to get the height for the full juggle. Also it's landed on a 900 health akuma so the % is a little bigger than it probably would be on most characters.

Dude's got mad damage but this feels like something i'll never see outside this video.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a genuinely a little pissed that they showed so much of Cody and waited this long to let us play him. I know I am compromised, and I know it is pathetic that I was affected by it as much as I was, but it has been a genuinely aggonizing wait. I am so fucking tired of these blue balls. Give me the fucking character already. Jesus Christ!

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
What do you guys think is the worst matchup in the game? The Guile / Abigail matchup is the worst for me, but I bet Menat / Abigail is worse. I just don't face crazy good Menat's at my level.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Abigail vs Menat is either slightly in Menat's favor, or even. The worst MU in the game is either Abigail vs. Guile or Zangief vs. Dhalsim.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a genuinely a little pissed that they showed so much of Cody and waited this long to let us play him. I know I am compromised, and I know it is pathetic that I was affected by it as much as I was, but it has been a genuinely aggonizing wait. I am so fucking tired of these blue balls. Give me the fucking character already. Jesus Christ!

Don't worry, hold it in for only 3 more days.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Guile vs everyone because why should everyone else but Guile have a projectile that is + on block, outrun it and have a reversal that is projectile invincible one frame one with no meter use?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Cody's coming out a day early, nice. Is the free trial gonna unlock all of his costumes for the 2 days?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Worst in the game? I dunno, it's bad but I wouldn't say it's the worst. But then again I thought Hawk/Sagat was fun as a Hawk main in SF4 so what do I know lol
Yeah, that's what was mainly agreed upon in S1 and now it's even worse for him with Dhalsim buffs and Zangief nerfs. It's the usual thing where Sim can lose immediately once Gief gets in, but it's a matter of getting in.

On a related matter, I have always argued that Mika has a much worse time against Guile than Zangief does. You'll hear Gief mains talk about how they didn't mind the MU that much, even, while there is no Mika player who would ever fathom saying that against Guile.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any strats for the Shadaloo guy this week? He's Very Hard difficulty but offers 30K EXP per win so there's a fuckton of FM to be made with the right low-level character...

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with a direct input stick experience it dropping out or disconnecting lately?

I'm trying to figure between the board, the cable(s), the computer, Windows, or SFV.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Yeah, that's what was mainly agreed upon in S1 and now it's even worse for him with Dhalsim buffs and Zangief nerfs. It's the usual thing where Sim can lose immediately once Gief gets in, but it's a matter of getting in.

On a related matter, I have always argued that Mika has a much worse time against Guile than Zangief does. You'll hear Gief mains talk about how they didn't mind the MU that much, even, while there is no Mika player who would ever fathom saying that against Guile.
I can see what you're saying re: Gief/Sim. I think FANG is worse for Gief than Sim since the latter has more openings for Gief to sneak through, but that could just be a personal matchup thing too.

Oct 25, 2017
Cody's gonna have a 2 day free trial for every mode except Story and Arcade.
MEET THE MAYOR EARLY AND FOR FREE

We're celebrating the return of Cody by hosting a free trial for two days, starting on June 25 at around 5pm PT, where all players can meet the mayor for free. The free trial will end on June 27 at 5pm PT, so make sure to clear up some room on your calendar.

During this time, you'll be able to play Cody in Ranked and Casual Matches, Battle Lounges, Demonstrations, Trials, and Training Mode. Other modes like Arcade and Story will not be playable with the mayor.

Important Notice: Any EXP and Fight Money you earn with Cody during this time will disappear on when the free trial ends. However, if you purchase Cody any time afterwards, the earned EXP and Fight Money will automatically be credited towards your account. If you purchase the Season 3 Character Pass during this free period, the EXP and Fight Money will not disappear. Cody will be purchasable individually during the free trial.

No word on if his costumes will be free like Sakura's were.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Any strats for the Shadaloo guy this week? He's Very Hard difficulty but offers 30K EXP per win so there's a fuckton of FM to be made with the right low-level character...

You can cheese the soldier without too much effort by spamming Vega wall dives and with Falke with j.HP,HP,v-skill combo. You can also take advantage of Menat's exceptional normals and poke the soldier to death as long as you're careful about it.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
Whew, I barely got by the soldier with Blanka. Barely lost the first one, and won the last two with literally 2 seconds left on the clock. Man, I wish Rashid was still a low enough level to be worth using on EXP soldiers.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
When you go back and play Trials for season 1 and 2, are you playing with the characters as they were or as they are now in season 3?

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Woah, sweet. Just cleared a couple of troublesome trials from back when. Just wondering if they'd got nerfed. Thanks.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
OMG, this is what happens when you never do any challenges. I just finished the 3rd challenge to obtain the Ryu Arthur costume but I noticed the first block is empty. So I go back and check and realized that the first mission that I completed a few weeks ago wasn't to obtain a piece of the armor. It was just for the BGM.

So is that it? I lose the chance of getting the Arthur costume because I wasn't paying very close attention? I'm so demoralized right now lol.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, this is what happens when you never do any challenges. I just finished the 3rd challenge to obtain the Ryu Arthur costume but I noticed the first block is empty. So I go back and check and realized that the first mission that I completed a few weeks ago wasn't to obtain a piece of the armor. It was just for the BGM.

So is that it? I lose the chance of getting the Arthur costume because I wasn't paying very close attention? I'm so demoralized right now lol.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
actually i find this much better than waiting for something that's not even guaranteed to be revealed/arrive. the wait for zeku/menat reveal and then the wait for release was SO annoying.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

logos0aov4.png

Though it is kinda your fault too

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I don't blame Capcom for my mistake, but I'm still upset that they don't sell these costumes separately. I would have gladly paid for this without a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.