• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So no ESPN broadcast this year. I wonder what happened there.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
oDZDyWk.gif

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Is the no Espn confirmed? I remember last time SFV was gonna be on TV and no TV guides had it coming on. They instead had another program display in that spot but if you turned to that channel, SFV was actually playing.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Would be nice if they gave a quick tease of Sagat tonight...I suppose that might take attention away from G though so I don't expect it.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Disney's deal with Capcom was over after finding out that their new fighting game is going to be DARKSTALKERS.
I had forgotten Disney owns ESPN. It all makes sense now. They don't want anything to do with Capcpom after the Mahvel debacle.

I wonder how true this actually is

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
We already know Sagat is coming, and it's gonna be a couple months, so a tease doesn't really do much.

I could see a new stage along with G, especially if he's tied into the whole gold theme with the AE update.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo...does capcom need to start adding cross over characters? Or, at least be in serious consideration of them for SF6?

Oct 25, 2017
After T7's massive announcements and the reception to SFV's last year, I really hope Capcom is packing more than just Donald Trump cosplaying Lincoln.

Sooo...does capcom need to start adding cross over characters? Or, at least be in serious consideration of them for SF6?
No thanks. SF gives the guests, not takes.

Again, only a very select few characters from SNK would be acceptable, and that's only due to legacy.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I think crossing over with other Capcom franchises would be as far as a mainline SF would take it, a la Zeku. Maybe if C. Viper comes back she'd be even more like Captain Commando.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
if SF gets crossover characters, it needs to be big titty ninjas.

Shame BBxTag already got to the most plentiful franchise for that.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
We already know Sagat is coming, and it's gonna be a couple months, so a tease doesn't really do much.

I could see a new stage along with G, especially if he's tied into the whole gold theme with the AE update.

I don't know, man. I knew Urien and Juri were coming to SFV but seeing snippets of them at the end of the Balrog trailer made my hype AF.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect any season 4 announcements. They have Capcom Cup for that.

Sagat tease is reasonable though.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, man. I knew Urien and Juri were coming to SFV but seeing snippets of them at the end of the Balrog trailer made my hype AF.

Oh, I guess I forgot about that. Fair enough.

Although didn't we already see them in the story mode by then anyway? I can't remember the timeline.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017

The only guest characters I would like to see are the ones from other Capcom fighting games that would fit. I don't see why a character like Ruby Heart can't be in the game, a pirate character would be cool. Or some rival school characters.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
Sort of hoping Capcom has more than just G to show off. Even if it's not an SF related announcement

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
I'd hate to see guest characters like Negan, Jason and others in that vein in Street Fighter. However, I'd love to see characters like Terry, Geese, Iori, Rock, Kazuya and the like to get in.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, thinking about it this doesnt seem to be like last year where Everyone but Capcom had some bomb ass reveals. Like the most hype and unexpected thing so far has been Tekken7 with Negan and to a lesser extent Terry in FEXL. Quite a few people knew about the Characters for Cross Tag when the data got mined.

Capcom only showing off G and maybe a teaser might not be that bad but I feel like people online are gonna make it out to be like Capcom suffered a hardcore dunking like last year.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Actually, thinking about it this doesnt seem to be like last year where Everyone but Capcom had some bomb ass reveals. Like the most hype and unexpected thing so far has been Tekken7 with Negan and to a lesser extent Terry in FEXL. Quite a few people knew about the Characters for Cross Tag when the data got mined.

Capcom only showing off G and maybe a teaser might not be that bad but I feel like people online are gonna make it out to be like Capcom suffered a hardcore dunking like last year.

Don't forget the SC reveals.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I guess I forgot about that. Fair enough.

Although didn't we already see them in the story mode by then anyway? I can't remember the timeline.

Nah. Story mode update was after. We got that early glimpse probably because they were going to be in story before their reveal trailers happened anyway.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is too broke or don't care about guest characters..

I think they just don't care to mix Street Fighter with non-Capcom properties, which is a mistake from a marketing perspective since that kind of crossover brings in a lot of additional eyes on the game.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Keep non-Capcom guest characters away from Street Fighter. The only guests that would get me hype to see in SF are ones that would never happen: Marvel, Arika, SNK. But even then I don't want it because then you open the pandora's box for corny shit like Walking Dead characters.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
How about a Street Fighter game with well thought out mechanic where we don't see the same characters in every top 8?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just don't care to mix Street Fighter with non-Capcom properties, which is a mistake from a marketing perspective since that kind of crossover brings in a lot of additional eyes on the game.

I wondered if it's also about having complete control over the rights and revenue. I have no idea how guest IPs work in that regard with things like esports. Do they have to give up a percentage?

Status
Not open for further replies.