• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
zawFMXH.png

YRoNjD7.png

Jd61V1W.png

P1tY0LA.png

R1piBwF.png

fyXhMAh.png

CSc9Z8u.png

GgEA5kV.png

qz80QdU.png

bWJE5kK.png

9gNPhd1.png

FgQiIgi.gif

qwKVo7z.gif

iFXWq5n.gif

MaUtsSy.png

All images are in-game except for Kolin and Sakura, which are concept art.
Shoutouts to:
PhilGPT
deadendthrills.com
lucebuce for coming up with the idea for the thread title
All the crazy people in the SFV AEra Discord
And obviously Capcom! Always been a fan of them ever since I started gaming on my NES, and personally I'm glad to see they're
getting it together. Not only do we have a Street Fighter filled to the brim of content, we also have stuff like Monster Hunter World,
a brand new Mega Man game coming this year, and (potentially) a new Devil May Cry! (and there's also a Resident Evil 2 Remake lurking
around the coner) Definitely a good time to be Capcom fan.
I made this OT as a long-time fan of Street Fighter, and I genuinely think Arcade Edition is an excellent
package for any fan of the series. If you've been missing some SF in your life and held back because of the initial negative
reception SFV got, this is the best time to jump in.
Now that it's 2018 hopefully we can all move on from the dark ages of February 2016 and embrace a new era of Street Fighting.

Last edited:

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped SFV early on for a variety of reasons, but I'm ready to grab this and jump back in (sold my old copy ages ago).

I'm ready to go in hard.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also pls click on Guile to get the official thread music.

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
Shieeeeeet ~ you've outdone yourself. I mean that. Great work, jett.

Hopefully we take the community spotlight.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll be back. For those I lagged before I've got great news... I have fiber optic internet now! No more coconut lagging!

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know it's a Jett OP because there's an entire section dedicated to admiring the graphics and animations

Good stuff. Can't wait for Sakura and Arcade Mode.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Will pick this up at some point for Menat and Falke. Think the last time I played a street fighter game was 4 years ago on the 3ds so I am a bit excited to see how different this one is.

triple

Banned for use of alt account
Nov 10, 2017
Great OT! Awesome work. Anyone want to do weekly ranking battles?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I got the Deluxe Edition on PC during the Steam sale, so I'm good to go. Although I will be buying the Season 3 pass as soon as I can.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very ready, even if I'm a little bummed that getting fight money won't really be any easier than it was before, but eh....Sakura! New modes and Sakura got me pretty hype, here's hoping Sagat and Cody are amazing as well.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Zeku is my probably my favorite new arrival character so far but im still shit at fighting games.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Still gonna main Akuma but I'm really looking forward to playing my boy again, Ryu. He got some nice stuff and I can't wait to try them out. Overall I'm looking forward to a lot of changes. No more throw loops, weaker AA lights(I know they're still in though), less robbery from VT cancel combos, and so on.

Oct 25, 2017
I can never get over just how amazing the animation is in this game, and how bad it makes some other fighters look in comparison. All in for Season 3 characters, especially since they basically gave them to me for free via Fight Money.

FANG boys, get ready to eat good this year!

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Still, need to watch James Chen's channel to get up to date on all the changes.

Oct 25, 2017
The FM rewards from character stories, general story, trials, demonstrations, survival are going away. So if you haven't gotten some that you think are doable, I'd suggest doing them now.

I would recommend you do them in this order:
Demosntrations ---> Character Stories ---> Easy Survivals ---> General Story on regular and extra difficulty--> Trials

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Have to admit that reading the OP's post is actually making me consider giving SFV a second chance. I usually don't play online with the PS4, so with SFV came out, it was horribly limited. At least with everything that is being added, I can enjoy the offline experience now.

Hopefully, Arcade Edition will be able to win people over and get more people into SFV. We'll see what happens after it comes out.

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
I thought that they removed fight money earned through survival, story etc...

There is also a typo in total fight money, it's 400,000 FM, not 400,00 FM.

Great OT

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Out of curiosity, how long does it to take to unlock characters for free using in-game money? Like for the Season 3 characters? Is it a lot of grinding? Can you just do the same thing over and over? I don't really want to buy a season pass with real money.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Most sources of FM are no longer going to award FM come Arcade Edition. Character stories, cinematic story, survival, those won't give FM. FM is now limited to Trials, Character Levels, Weeklies and, of course, Extra Battle where you gamble FM to gain more.

It's not ideal.

The reason for these changes is pretty obvious though: if they kept all sources of FM as before people would have enough to earn multiple season worth of character while starting the game in Arcade Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.