• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Makoto
Dan
Honda
Sodom
Neo Shadaloo that isn't the gorilla
New girl designed to sell costumes

I really don't think SFV will ever go down the guest character route outside of costumes.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rose, C Viper, E honda , Sodom , new character 1(neo shadaloo), new character 2

I mean I don't know , I'm at a loss for just who could really be in there now. Guess we'll all find out in about a week.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
What I'd want to see:

Makoto
Maki
Dudley
Yang
Fei-Long
New girl

What we'll probably get:

Rose
Viper
Honda
Sodom
T. Hawk
Neo-Shadaloo gorilla

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
So there are rumors floating from Latin American players and TOs that Capcom is going to dump the Latin American region from the Capcom Pro Tour (or at best, limit it to only Brazil) next year.

Considering that the region got no Premiers this past year and the current points system practically encourages traveling all over the world (something a lot of LatAM players can't afford to do) if you want to keep up with the top of the leaderboard, this is rather disappointing to hear. Especially with Dominican players making a run in SFV the past couple of years.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So there are rumors floating from Latin American players and TOs that Capcom is going to dump the Latin American region from the Capcom Pro Tour (or at best, limit it to only Brazil) next year.

Considering that the region got no Premiers this past year and the current points system practically encourages traveling all over the world (something a lot of LatAM players can't afford to do) if you want to keep up with the top of the leaderboard, this is rather disappointing to hear. Especially with Dominican players making a run in SFV the past couple of years.

Unfortunately this is likely the net effect of the Visa issue.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

I saw this earlier today. Then I remembered Bizarro Mike tweeting after LatAM Finas that he was working hard on other stuff for LatAM region that was taking priority over the lack of prize money for LatAM Finals. Maybe there's been some kind of internal struggle to keep all of the LatAM countries on the tour in 2019.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Does the Urien kneedrop spam work on this weeks extra battle soldier? Looking for some easy FM.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Urien kneedrop spam work on this weeks extra battle soldier? Looking for some easy FM.
Might be more of a risk since this one has autoguard, though there's always projectile spam. Spamming V-Skill --> Sonic Boom with Guile ate right through him regardless of autoguard, with Flash Kicks to answer his blocked slides and jump-ins.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah I wont believe that latam thing until I see it. There will probably be less cpt events next year latam will have events for sure. On capcom cup topic : Pikoro, seeded at 31st, plays Fujimura first round while tokido plays AngryBird who is seeded at 32

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wont believe that latam thing until I see it. There will probably be less cpt events next year latam will have events for sure. On capcom cup topic : Pikoro, seeded at 31st, plays Fujimura first round while tokido plays AngryBird who is seeded at 32
Resources getting pulled elsewhere would sync with some stuff we were hearing rumblings about re: 2019.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I do think some events will be cut for sure. We already had many event loss their cpt status this year. Im actually sure atleast 2 premier events are getting cutted next year. Probably final round and canada cup

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA

Personally did the silver soldier with Ken and got him to level 31.

I managed to hit him easily with VT2 when he jumped in. Also did plenty of jump in HK to c.HK. And the fireball spam as well. YMMV on that one.

And that's a damn bummer if the LatAm issue turns out true.

As for my season 4 predictions:

Rose
Viper
Oro
Sodom
Honda
GO-RILLLLLLL-LA!!!!!

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

It's XP so I'd use your lowest level characters.

I went into training with three of my lowest level characters and practiced some easy combos. The soldier is susceptible to crossups so that gives you a chance to get good damage off an easy combo. Also to jumping HK>c.HK combos which allow you to keep pressure on.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if MarkMan's tweet is hinting at the Season 4 roster packing a crazy, unexpected surprise character? Or maybe there's a "here's two characters and they're out tomorrow!" reveal coming? Or maybe all of the above + new mechanics?

I can't wait for Capcom Cup so we can finally find out.
I hope against all odds he's hinting at a Capcom vs Capcom game built over MvC3 and Infinite's carcasses.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Destroyed Idom in game in the first game. Then I miss my VT confirm and lost to that "nerfed" ST.MK.

Also nerf Laura's overhead. It shouldn't anti air, crush counter, be a combo and be safe on block after a reset.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
MVCI not being so long ago makes me believe we'll just see S4 stuff.

But....it really feels like Capcom should be announcing something more than just SFV stuff. Even if it's a long way off.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
CPT would be the place to announce whatever the fuck it is they're working on. I hope it's a fighting game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't have specific games I wish to see from Capcom that hasn't been announced yet, although I am always down for a remake of the Maximo games. I doubt that will happen, though.

At this point I just want to know the S4 characters. We have been speculating for months now and I am tired.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
https://imgur.com/a/kUF3QZQ

Somebody at Capcom should have said including that one concept costume for Balrog in the new SFV book wasn't such a good idea...Who the fuck even thought it was okay to draw it in the first place?

Last edited:

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017
Hadn't played online since early in the year. Was in the mood for some Ed and of course the first ranked match is a quitter. Not that I care about my rank, but people are still doing this?

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get the people who ask for that.

CVS3 could not play like CVS2 and be successful, and all anyone who wants CVS3 to be is CVS2 again.
CvS2's grooves were all based on Capcom/SNK games that were popular at the time, so in my mind a CvS3 would follow suit and feature grooves based on SF4 & 5 and KOF XIII/XIV (or just throw out the groove system entirely and instead focus on something that's somewhere between SFV and KOFXIV so that players from both games would feel comfortable; though of course skewing closer to SF).

For me at least, a hypothetical CvS3 that plays like SFV but lets me make a team of R. Mika, Tiffany Lords and B. Jenet would be the greatest fighting game of all time.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

They better fucking explain themselves if they do that.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to have characters in a base roster locked. At all. Full stop. PeriodT. I'm letting my little brother do all that shit and told him to tell me when he's done so we can actually play.

If this was any other game the reception would be...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to have characters in a base roster locked. At all. Full stop. PeriodT. I'm letting my little brother do all that shit and told him to tell me when he's done so we can actually play.

If this was any other game the reception would be...
I recall seeing people in one thread on the gaming side lament a lack of unlockable characters outside of Smash, with one person insisting that it was "selfish" for people who hate wasting time on it to want the idea phased out...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
How can you say you enjoy fighting games when you won't even go through hours of single player modes to unlock all the characters?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I'd find this in the comments (but he's right if he's talking about Marvel).

I recall seeing people in one thread on the gaming side lament a lack of unlockable characters outside of Smash, with one person insisting that it was "selfish" for people who hate wasting time on it to want the idea phased out...
Insanity.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Short version: We need to have a talk about folks getting way to emotionally invested in nintendo products, to the degree in which folks just think they are exempt from types of criticism

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm OK with it in Smash because I like everything about the game... Except actually playing it. So doing silly things against the computer in low difficulty to look at all the work that has gone behind the scenes is something I like.
However, I don't understand why it is so difficult to have all the characters in training mode and online VS unlocked per default. Especially the training mode part: that should be the case even in any game with DLC characters. Try them out, maybe you'll like them and want to buy them, but even if you don't... You need to train against specific match ups. The alternative is to spend hours on YT or Discord. How does that help the game at all ?

I'm not surprised that's not in Smash, though. These people are as talented as they are tone deaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.