• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Mech Abi and Ryu Jin are indeed in the files already. Like I said before, whenever they double up on Extra Battles like that it's because they're not planning on releasing a new patch until after the second character's EBs have begun.

I did find placeholders for individual colors and costumes for the new character that this update lays the groundwork for: ID_CMN_Cont_Char_0035AE There are lots of placeholders for character description, costume description, etc. And whoever it is, they're launching with a new stage.
Sounds like there's only character coming soon then. Otherwise you would've found files for a '0036AE' character.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Watching ads for "optional" FM during a free to play test. Do you guys not see the writing on the wall? The "option" for watching commercials before matches for a theoretical free to play SF6 will end up being the best way to gain any real Fight Money. And that sound like fucking shit to me.

I already have to stare at 15 seconds of white screen everytime I'm matched with a PS4 player. I might as well watch an ad for Carl's Jr (+50 FM).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't this game get its shit together in regards to how it packs its files.

It's been three years. How do people not yet know this stupid-ass game redownloads everything every time there's a major update?
Because the version of UE4 they were using was shitty and in order to NOT have it do this SFV would need to move to a newer version of UE4 which would force them to do a whole bunch of QA testing they don't want to do.

Stuff like the input lag fix is basically them taking the UE fix and back-porting it to the earlier version IIRC.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Video on S4 predictions, wishes and discussion by VesperArcade. Definitely agree on what they say on frame data, hitboxes and how the game could show/explain them better.

FdvplRwGqfw.png
That's what I am talking about.

I would be so disappointed if Capcom doest add some sort of costume code toggle to the character select in S4. Let me train against boxers Ryu, thong Ryu or thong Urien.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. This shit is amazing

I just had this conversation with a friend just now:

Me: "Man, this new training stage track is way better than the old one."

Friend: "If there are default tracks in the game that are bad, why don't they let you just let you point to a file of music you'd rather use."

Me: "Cause.....shut up."

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
I already have to stare at 15 seconds of white screen everytime I'm matched with a PS4 player. I might as well watch an ad for Carl's Jr (+50 FM).

Yeah, in theory this doesn't bother me. I can imagine Capcom fucking up and the load times increase with ads but if there's no change I couldn't give a shit what I'm ignoring while on my phone while the match loads.

The only thing that sounds irritating is the ad costumes because they're so ugly.

I don't mind free options and I don't care that the game constantly gets new, minor content that encourages you to spend FM which means you can't buy chars. I don't care about full-priced games with GaaS models or lootboxes or whatever as long as it's executed well enough. I hope FM returns in SF6 and it's expanded, making it more fun to earn than the current half-baked implementation.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the Extra Battle changes and what the FM payout for ads are. If they keep making it harder to get FM that is an issue. Turning on ads and adding more ways to spend FM doesn't bother me.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I listened to the Jimquisition, whilst it is clear he has not played SFV in a while, sadly he is right. What they are offering with advertising does not seem terrible, the problem is it is just the first step. There will be another, and another, just like loot boxes. I mean I liked my first exposure to loot boxes in TF2/CS:GO, felt uneasy with them in Overwatch, then you end up at Battlefront 2.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
You realize that people complain about the existence of Fight Money by itself? Don't worry: in Street Fighter 6, there won't be any FM at all and you're going to have to buy everything using real money. Just how the masses want it.

Yep, and it would suck hard. One of the reasons why I had to tap out on SF4.

I like Jim but his last fighting game video was the most misinformed video he's ever made.

I stopped taking Jim seriously long ago.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is there anything known on the extra amount of FM from the ads? I see someone on GameFAQs say it is only 10 FM per kind of ad, for a total of 30 FM (costume + stage + load screen) per fight. Apparently there are notes and illustrations included in the patch which explain the whole thing.

Don't know how reliable this information is, though. The poster doesn't show the illustrations, so for the moment take this with a grain of salt.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
As long as the ads are only for the pro tour I dont really see the issue. Heck people were barely complaining about the red bull ads. And the funny thing is that costume ads with pro tour logo already existed in tekken 7.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything known on the extra amount of FM from the ads? I see someone on GameFAQs say it is only 10 FM per kind of ad, for a total of 30 FM (costume + stage + load screen) per fight. Apparently there are notes and illustrations included in the patch which explain the whole thing.

Don't know how reliable this information is, though. The poster doesn't show the illustrations, so for the moment take this with a grain of salt.

I saw the same thing when I loaded up the game.

Also, if you want ads, it seems character ads aren't optional. Only loading and stage ads are. If you disable character ads, you get no ads at all.
As long as the ads are only for the pro tour I dont really see the issue. Heck people were barely complaining about the red bull ads. And the funny thing is that costume ads with pro tour logo already existed in tekken 7.

There are definitely going to be all sorts of ads. Capcom isn't just going to promote themselves. Probably nothing too outrageous since the SFV playerbase is pretty small lol.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah the worst I can see are razor ads and I guess hyper x. I mean it would be kind of funny to have the arcade 1 up ads in game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Also, if you want ads, it seems character ads aren't optional. Only loading and stage ads are. If you disable character ads, you get no ads at all.
Huh, that is... something. I guess I won't be playing with ads at all then.

At least we know now you won't miss out on too much FM.

I wonder if you will get the bonus FM regardless of winning.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You realize that people complain about the existence of Fight Money by itself? Don't worry: in Street Fighter 6, there won't be any FM at all and you're going to have to buy everything using real money. Just how the masses want it.

Basically. And then you have people complaining that there's DLC period. AKA, "I'll buy the complete edition" folks.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
LMAO, some of these logo placements are ridiculous. Dhalsim will have a logo on his turban, while Guile's arm tattoos will be replaced.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Basically. And then you have people complaining that there's DLC period. AKA, "I'll buy the complete edition" folks.
Those people are the most annoying morons. Actually even more annoying than the morons that have been hating on FM for three years. But then again, those morons didn't care much when Scamco charged $25 for two characters.

Really hard to say which of these two brands of dumbasses is the most idiotic.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Welp, guess I won't be using any ads then.

Yep. Then again, those people usually operate on a form of bad faith anyways.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Those people are the most annoying morons. Actually even more annoying than the morons that have been hating on FM for three years. But then again, those morons didn't care much when Scamco charged $25 for two characters.

How about the ones that think going back to having 5 separate releases of SF2 without ever realizing that's what they're asking for is the sweet spot for them to pick up the game :V
Or is that the first type you mentioned.

Anyways, why are these updates always so big. 12 freaking GB. If I hadn't come in here to be reminded of the bonus FM stuff I'd not having played the game starting tomorrow for bonus FM :v

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
OH NO WAKING UP AT 7AM

wtf is wrong with these people.

Some people struggle to get up early. I'm one of them. I've been a night owl my entire life, i'd love to be able to get up and function that early but it's not possible for me.
It'd be like someone expecting you to be up and functioning by 2-3am.
We live in a world that heavily favours early birds which is unfortunate for some, no need to belittle people for having a different body clock to you.

Anyway, excited for the character reveal. Trying not to get my hopes up for Rose despite all the teasing, my favourite character!

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017

One thing I've noticed over the yrs is that people don't seem to maintain that same energy when it comes to companies not named Capcom. In terms of fighting games, anyway.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've noticed over the yrs is that people don't seem to maintain that same energy when it comes to companies not named Capcom. In terms of fighting games, anyway.

Yeah, the "it's fine when they do it" cycle. Don't get me wrong, Capcom has fucked up at times. It just seems like that in people's minds, only Capcom is capable of fucking up while others are just "accidents" that should be forgiven and forgotten.

I can see he's trying to gouge a reaction but nothing is actually happening.

Vintage Sterling.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Here's some of the placeholder text and stuff to look forward to:

ID_CMN_Cont_Char_0035AE - New Character
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0035 - Story Costume (New Character)
ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0032 - New Stage

5 paid DLC costumes. One of them is probably the Battle Outfit 1 for the new character:
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0253
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0260
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0261
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0262
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0263

The following 10 are Colors 3-10 Packs for Extra Battle costumes:
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1417
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1418
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1419
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1420
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1421
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1422
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1423
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1424
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1425
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1427

The following 25 entries are for the 10 color packs mentioned above, plus 15 individual colors for the new character:
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2346
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2347
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2348
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2349
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2350
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2351
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2352
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2353
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2354
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2356
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2357
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2358
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2359
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2360
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2361
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2362
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2363
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2364
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2365
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2366
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2367
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2368
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2369
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2370
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2371

No evidence of new Fighting Chance costumes. However, we'll get ""Happy Holidays" Fortune Tickets for You!" Extra Battles instead of the usual "Get Your Hands on Fortune Tickets!" Dunno if that means they'll give more tickets, or if they'll just be holiday themed.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

No evidence of new Fighting Chance costumes. However, we'll get ""Happy Holidays" Fortune Tickets for You!" Extra Battles instead of the usual "Get Your Hands on Fortune Tickets!" Dunno if that means they'll give more tickets, or if they'll just be holiday themed.
Awesome. Thanks for this.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Capcom touched them in their special place I guess.

Free Dan incoming at Capcom Cup yo

Status
Not open for further replies.