• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
It is so weird to see everyone straight-up believing what he says. As if the man is unable to tell a lie. Lord knows he had enough time to come up with a story.

I don't know if he is lying. But I just don't get comments like "Oh, I always knew he was innocent."

Even what's there still says he paid a fine for bruising her wrist. Nowhere does he say he ain't do that. Sure, bruised wrist doesn't sound like what we imagine when we hear about domestic violence...but it's still domestic violence. Fuck his tears.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
It is so weird to see everyone straight-up believing what he says. As if the man is unable to tell a lie. Lord knows he had enough time to come up with a story.

I don't know if he is lying. But I just don't get comments like "Oh, I always knew he was innocent."

Well, the reason I tend to believe him moreso than not believe him is an investigation that looked at the court records, transcripts, text records and facts of the case pretty closely aligns with what he is saying.

The only accusations that really exist that paint him as a wifebeater came from a completely off the wall Reddit post that has since been pretty widely debunked.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Servers up. Everything is currently 4 FM each, so a potential +12 FM per match. It seems that you can only earn Stage FM if you have the CPT stages, or if the opponent has them.

Edit: LOL, losses count.

qyAeZgU.jpg

RtPJarD.jpg

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Only the default costumes have ad style variations.

Now I only wonder if turning it off also prevents you from seeing ads on an opponent if they are wearing an ad style costume. It better does, otherwise you are still looking at ads while not getting paid for it.

Also, while the bundle isn't available (yet) in Europe, the Holiday 2017 are at least available in the in-game store. I am going to wait a bit longer for the bundle to hopefully show up, but at least I will be able to get Ice Queen Kolin.

Well, the reason I tend to believe him moreso than not believe him is an investigation that looked at the court records, transcripts, text records and facts of the case pretty closely aligns with what he is saying.

The only accusations that really exist that paint him as a wifebeater came from a completely off the wall Reddit post that has since been pretty widely debunked.
I remember a transcript of a voice recording or something, which was damning to put it mildly. Was that fake as well? (Genuine question.)

Like I said, I don't know who is telling the truth here. I just find it odd to see the public perception of him doing an instant 180 when he could easily making shit up.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That looks dumb as hell. I can't imagine this not getting mocked into oblivion. Even aside from folks like Jim Sterling and other YT channels riding the clickbait wave.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Yaaaaayyy! Getting in on one of these enormous downloads early instead of friday night when I normally boot the game up an get told to kick rocks. btw whys this page so full of fierce infighting?

Servers up. Everything is currently 4 FM each, so a potential +12 FM per match. It seems that you can only earn Stage FM if you have the CPT stages, or if the opponent has them.

Are the ads for online play only? An lol at some of them being locked to DLC stages. Maybe they should make those free now? Naaaaaah.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I remember a transcript of a voice recording or something, which was damning to put it mildly. Was that fake as well? (Genuine question.)

Like I said, I don't know who is telling the truth here. I just find it odd to see the public perception of him doing an instant 180 when he could easily making shit up.

The transcript was found to be selectively edited and taken out of context.

There is currently no evidence whatsoever that any violence of any kind occured other than the struggle for the cell phone that led to her injured wrist.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

qyAeZgU.jpg

😒

Capcom dropping the ball, they could've squeezed another logo onto Guile's flattop.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Well slap my fundoshi and call me Jin Saotome. The new bundles are actually showing in the EU store as well now. Can't actually buy them yet, though, so I guess they are still updating the store.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is hideous and it's absolutely ruining the game's aesthetic. I want no part of this present and/or future. If it wasn't optional I'd delete SFV from my hard drive.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
They actually take off the America flag...

Jesus fucking Christ
It's actually social commentary on the overbearing effects of capitalism on America. We no longer revere the country, but corporate overlords who pass themselves off as job creators. Guile's sardonic take on the sad state of patriotism in the US should be commended, and it's not his fault it's 2deep4u.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
From Reddit:

utl7g6f1gq321.jpg

Before the update I would have said it was a blatant parody. But now I am not so sure.

This is what living in a dystopia feels like. Don't think it's just about to be CPT ads either. The week after Capcom Cup, that's going to be a Razer snake, a Red Bull, a Vertagear V, a Victrix X. Hell is empty and all the devils are here, y'all.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
If the ads weren't so gaudy and nasty looking I wouldn't care so much.

They look like something a grade schooler cut out of a catalog and pasted it on. Gross

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
For 12 FM I ain't using this shit!

It's not even a multiple of ten. I just know that having something like 320,002 FM would irrationally irritate me.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't have problems with the ads because you can just turn them off. But the way they went about it.... that shit is ugly as sin and it's triggering the fuck out of me. It's tacky looking and makes the game look worst. Whoever was in charge of placing the ads is nothing but gutter trash. At least not make them look like a damn eyesore.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To say I thought it was a good idea only a few hours ago... Good lord.
Let's see if they slashed the normal amount of FM available through missions and extra battles to force people to use the ads.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So here is a thing: I thought they used the default costumes to put the ads on, but for R. Mika they use her story costume. And I can select it and play in it, even though I haven't bought the actual story costume and have the ads turned off. So this is basically a free costume for me.

I can only select the default color, though. All the others say "this sponsor currently isn't available" or something like that.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that Akuma sponsor is amazing lmao.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So, it's hideous, and it would be generous to even call the bonus from it a pittance... looks like this one goes into the Capcpom pile.

EDIT: And I'm having trouble even logging in, leaving me right at the start-up screen. Fourth time in a row now, so to hell with this. I'd go to DBFZ for a bit, but guilt from leaving after its infinite rematch in ranked nonsense got patched in has me saying nuts to that in what little time I have, too.

Last edited:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
"Well remember that time capcom sold out Guile's flags to sell headphones?!"

Every tekken fan ever if we ever bring up this dumb ass shit

8255_13_tekken-7-review-king-iron-fist.png

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I already have to stare at 15 seconds of white screen everytime I'm matched with a PS4 player. I might as well watch an ad for Carl's Jr (+50 FM).

Not only is it a shit idea, but it's implemented in just the most gaudy Trump tower ass way possible.

HOLY SHIT, I was half joking when I made my post. Jesus F'ing Christ.

From Reddit:

utl7g6f1gq321.jpg

Before the update I would have said it was a blatant parody. But now I am not so sure.

Wow, I ran into training mode to confirm that was real. Capcom went way overboard on the logo placement.

The one small silver lining is the ad-costumes are separate from the default and have all the colors unlocked from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.