• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Remember, this is the same Capcom that decided that under a draw game, they should only give each opponent 20FM instead of the even split of 25FM. Capcom keeps the other 10FM. Seriously, how many draw games are there a day that would make that 'cut' worthwhile?

The one good thing about the ads is that I can finally make my FM at an even 50/100. Due to two draw games, I've been stuck at 40/90 for over a year now, and my OCD does not like it one bit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, this is the same Capcom that decided that under a draw game, they should only give each opponent 20FM instead of the even split of 25FM. Capcom keeps the other 10FM. Seriously, how many draw games are there a day that would make that 'cut' worthwhile?

The one good thing about the ads is that I can finally make my FM at an even 50/100. Due to two draw games, I've been stuck at 40/90 for over a year now, and my OCD does not like it one bit.
This is the correct thing to do to discincentivize afk farming

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy playing SFV and yet I also think the downgrade of the weekly FM giveaway sucks.

I must be a weirdo. A seriously contrarian weirdo.
Nah, my perspective comes from being in like the top 1% of MTG players and a lot of lessons about "YOU ARE NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING" from the design (not balance) side were drilled into my head via Mark Rosewater's columns.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Nah, my perspective comes from being in like the top 1% of MTG players and a lot of lessons about "YOU ARE NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING" from the design (not balance) side were drilled into my head via Mark Rosewater's columns.

[pretending to understand]Uh huh... uh huh.....go on...[/pretending to understand]

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy playing SFV and yet I also think the downgrade of the weekly FM giveaway sucks.

I must be a weirdo. A seriously contrarian weirdo.
Pretty much my position as well. I love playing SFV, and even wasn't bothered about ads included but the change to weekly FM is kinda one step too far for me. It won't stop me from playing, I still want several of the new costumes offered, but I might have to prioritise which ones I go after from here on out which sucks. Wouldn't be so bad if they'd just put all the outfits up to purchase for real money, instead of hiding some behind weekly missions and fighting chance.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much my position as well. I love playing SFV, and even wasn't bothered about ads included but the change to weekly FM is kinda one step too far for me. It won't stop me from playing, I still want several of the new costumes offered, but I might have to prioritise which ones I go after from here on out which sucks. Wouldn't be so bad if they'd just put all the outfits up to purchase for real money, instead of hiding some behind weekly missions and fighting chance.
They've been bundling Extra Battle outfits to buy with real money, but haven't presented the option to buy them with real money individually.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly buy EX color packs for like 99c or $1.99 or whatever. I'm not wasting all my fucking fight money for the two characters I play when they've reduced that shit dramatically and multiple stages are probably coming out next year. Capcom sucks

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yo, new Ex colors coming to fighting chance. They will follow a orange/black/grey color scheme apparently.

(https://mobile.twitter.com/Ta_Nooki/status/1072910692230094853)

(https://mobile.twitter.com/Ta_Nooki/status/1073137430587469824)

Looks really cool. Good thing Capcom is so helpful by adding aaaaaall these ways of earning decent FM, hahaha...

Haha...

Ha...

Not a fan of this color combo, but I will spend 50,000 FM unlocking Laura's colors.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Yo, new Ex colors coming to fighting chance. They will follow a orange/black/grey color scheme apparently.

(https://mobile.twitter.com/Ta_Nooki/status/1072910692230094853)

(https://mobile.twitter.com/Ta_Nooki/status/1073137430587469824)

Looks really cool. Good thing Capcom is so helpful by adding aaaaaall these ways of earning decent FM, hahaha...

Haha...

Ha...

Wish for the black/yellow combo but I can live with this. And yeesh! Not liking the sound of the reduced number of attempts against soldiers. Won't stop me from playing as well, but this justifiably won't bode well.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
The EX 08 colors are actually shiny like the EX 05-06 colors. They look quite nice, though maybe they should've released them during Halloween, lol.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Here's how some of the EX 08 colors will look when they're released:

ehB6r45.jpg

7Z7laTx.jpg

Et9drlJ.jpg

GcR05C4.jpg

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Wish for the black/yellow combo but I can live with this. And yeesh! Not liking the sound of the reduced number of attempts against soldiers. Won't stop me from playing as well, but this justifiably won't bode well.

Not liking it? Thats straight up fucked up. SFV's AI can either be asleep at the wheel or full on input-reading galaxy brain super psychic and you have no idea which one you're going up against. And then the soldiers have advantages that exploit the fact that you play against players who don't have them like invincible back dashes and insane invincibility windows for some moves.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I like the orange and black palettes, but I don't like the idea of putting up with Fighting Chance loot box BS for them.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
All EX 08 colors on select screen in this album: https://imgur.com/a/df0Di8Z I'll have them there in battle tomorrow.

Thanks to TaNooki for finding out they existed in the first place. I did check and see if there were any new Story colors, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
None of my mains look particularly good in it. Boo.

Though the oil effect in combination with the lighting doesn't help, so maybe they look better during fights.

Not that I have FM left to buy fighting chances... Shin Akuma came along and robbed me. Several times. Good thing we can make a whopping 2000 FM (!!!) by fighting the Golden Soldier next week!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
As a Falke player, this makes me happy:

Really hope they will make her VT2 two bar in S4, at the very least. Or better yet: let her chain these moves together without the need for VT2. Would go a long way to address the complaints about her feeling too stiff.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
They've been bundling Extra Battle outfits to buy with real money, but haven't presented the option to buy them with real money individually.
That's good to hear, I'd be down just buying the pack in that case. But I still hope for fighting chance costumes to be purchasable (or at least appear again down the line) as I missed the first 2-3 and really want to get them). Thankfully Capcom really likes money so I doubt it'll be too long before they present me with some way of getting them!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Cannon Spike Nash after squandering I forget how many Fortune Tickets on what's apparently the last day to get him.
That's good to hear, I'd be down just buying the pack in that case. But I still hope for fighting chance costumes to be purchasable (or at least appear again down the line) as I missed the first 2-3 and really want to get them). Thankfully Capcom really likes money so I doubt it'll be too long before they present me with some way of getting them!
Seems pretty likely they'll just start selling those eventually too, yeah.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I was unfortunate enough to watch the Jim Sterling video and reading the comments.

Anyone outside the FGC should stay away from reporting fighting games.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Season four might potentially be the last one right?
I suppouse Capcom already is cooking Street Fighter 6 for next gen.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They should take a page from Namco's playbook and reuse most of the animation from SFV for SF6, hopefully avoiding complaints about a small roster.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Thanks Luce.

This is pretty dire for potential hunks winning. Only one Urien?!? A couple Nash and Necalli too, which are also preferable. One Zeku. Some Guile. This is tragic.

The uggos and the ladies must be stopped at all cost.

You do realize all those people are just choosing characters based on gameplay preference, right? They ain't like us casuals lol! Don't jinx things!

I mean to be fair the last two winners used Guile and Birdie, not to mention them and Necalli getting the winner's choice costume. These tournaments can be unpredictable after all.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Akuma or Bison for a new costume, with an outside chance of Karin.

They should take a page from Namco's playbook and reuse most of the animation from SFV for SF6, hopefully avoiding complaints about a small roster.

I wonder what people will expect now, I mean Smash has raised peoples expectations with Roster sizes that even 30 would seem small

Status
Not open for further replies.