• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
There's good reason to think either a new fighting game or SFVI is revving up at Capcom now, but I think the possible announcement window is only opening at this Capcom Cup.

It could happen here, E3, next years CapCup or any random spot in-between. I do think it is coming, though.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt Capcom is working on any fighters not titled Street Fighter.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
So Capcom Cup motivated me to booting this up again, even in the middle of Smash Ultimate, and I have been playing Kolin for a few matches. That Ada costume looks... kind good in game.

But does anyone know of an up to date guide for Kolin so I can know what in the fuck I am even supposed to be doing with her (in terms of set ups, or bnbs, or even how to even get in with her because her dash feels pretty sluggish)?

I am actually kind of enjoying myself with Kolin and I don't want to go back to the dull Cammy hell I've been in since S1

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really doubt Capcom is working on any fighters not titled Street Fighter.
I think it would be wise to let the series breathe a few years between 5 and 6. Call it Capcom vs Capcom, SFxT2, another Marvel, anything that would allow a couple of years between the last season of SF5 and the first of SF6.
Also, releasing a complete package of SF5 on PS5 at launch would be an absolute no-brainer, and it pushes back SF6 even further.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So Capcom Cup motivated me to booting this up again, even in the middle of Smash Ultimate, and I have been playing Kolin for a few matches. That Ada costume looks... kind good in game.

But does anyone know of an up to date guide for Kolin so I can know what in the fuck I am even supposed to be doing with her (in terms of set ups, or bnbs, or even how to even get in with her because her dash feels pretty sluggish)?

I am actually kind of enjoying myself with Kolin and I don't want to go back to the dull Cammy hell I've been in since S1
This thread on Reddit might be worth checking: https://redd.it/863bdg

I main her as well, even though I am not an expert by any means (close to hitting 100 matches with her in ranked, I think). Honestly, I have been getting a lot of mileage out of some of her trial combos. Something like lp>mp>hp>ex.parabellum>h.vanity step>airthrow is relatively easy to pull off and deals good damage.

My own gameplan at the moment is to try and hang back, teasing out those jump-ins which I can punish with h.frost touch. I try to mix in normal AA as well to keep the opponent guessing, because otherwise they can bait your frost touch with empty jumps, leaving you open. On the ground I try to use cr.lp>s.lp>mp>hp>parabellum. I am still in Bronze league, though. I don't know how viable this is in Silver and higher.

Always pick VT2, btw. Better dashes, longer range and extra damage on all your punches, plus a new move (frost edge, HP+HK) which has projectile invincibility. The latter has a long startup, though, so might not be optimal at close range.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Just seen the mass of negative reviews on Steam for the in game advertising. It really is comical how Capcom can have done so much right to fix the game in 2018, then end it like this.

I mean the same can be said for Capcom Cup, matches were outstanding, but a big take away from the event is going to be the sheer amount of adverts

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Just seen the mass of negative reviews on Steam for the in game advertising. It really is comical how Capcom can have done so much right to fix the game in 2018, then end it like this.

I mean the same can be said for Capcom Cup, matches were outstanding, but a big take away from the event is going to be the sheer amount of adverts

An awesome season 4 trailer would help get things going in the right direction.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the ads thing coupled with the whole reduction weekly fight money was kind of a kick in the head. Won't stop me playing the game (I love the costumes too much to skip them) but it does feel like a bad way to end the year after reduilding the game game so well since January. Hopefully the season 4 reveal (along with a decent new mode or something) will right the ship.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In a way, it's a good thing, it should be a lesson for them to not launch their next games in a miserable state just so they could fix it a few years later.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The SFV team is probably about the worst thing Capcom has right now. The depths of how incompetent the people in charge are are really unknowable. I guess at this point they give zero fucks about how this game is perceived are just using it as a test bed of ideas and general fuckery they might implement in future games. Being a fan of this game is kind of a downer honestly. These people just love to score own goals too much, this ad shit has basically done irreparable damage to the game. I'm genuinely concerned about how SF6 is going to turn out unless big changes are made to the leadership of Capcom's fighting games team.

Also, buff Ed you cowards.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Mike Ross was right

It was obvious from S1 when they released a barebone game that only has character story, training, versus and online match making.

They rushed this game to replace USF4 and using Esports as a way to boost sales. I hate Esports, it's used as advertisement for the game rather than the community growing the competitive scene.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Approximately what time should the Capcom Cup finals end? I don't want to miss the reveal.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Capcom Legends costume pack but the costumes are not showing, am I missing something?
The only one that's showing is the Karin's Ingrid one.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Damn, morale is so low in this fandom right now.

The ads are especially stupid when you realize they do nothing to properly promote the actual Capcom Pro Tour. They could at least have some kind of ad running on the main menu saying "Watch the finals here ________", but nah, just put the logo on someone's calves.

I hope tonight is a slam dunk in terms of reveals. People are going to be pissed no matter what, but a solid and fully revealed season 4 cast and seeing huge positive changes could really help.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

The ads are especially stupid when you realize they do nothing to properly promote the actual Capcom Pro Tour. They could at least have some kind of ad running on the main menu saying "Watch the finals here ________", but nah, just put the logo on someone's calves.

I hope tonight is a slam dunk in terms of reveals. People are going to be pissed no matter what, but a solid and fully revealed season 4 cast and seeing huge positive changes could really help.

Shit doesn't even tell you what time the event starts. It's just "buy more costumes!"

People are already doing that in spades. Its just ad space for whomever wants to throw Capcom a couple of bucks. I was hopeful that it would be a vehicle to promote streams and stuff but that's not what this seems to be at all.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Season 4 will composed by the entire Abigail family.
I am taking a wait and see approach, if i like what i see from MK11 on January 17th , it's bye bye SFV, so tired of this shitty netcode, friend lives 6miles away and we had laggy matches yesterday..none of the other fighters we play has lag more than 5 times each over the YEARS, i had at least 10 laggy rounds yesterday..

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I must be the only person not really bothered by the ads. I know I know, "the precedent" and all but there are ways to make it less disgusting, lessons to be learned and such. And, Im still excited for where the game goes next so today Im staying up late to catch the reveal.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah this could work. Capcom have a lot to learn if they want to be esports.

(ask valve/riot/blizzard)

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

It's such low effort trash. It almost feels purposefully designed to piss off the fanbase. I have no words for whoever is responsible for making these decisions.

Just having this in the game, turned on or off, just know this is what they think of their game and how they're going to treat it, really lowers the experience for me. I'm feeling super negative about SFV right now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they screwed the pooch later today with some lame-ass reveals.

Last edited:

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
If even a little effort was made with the CPT ads I imagine people wouldn't care. They just look so terrible.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im actually kinda hoping for some stupid guest character to get announced. The dumber the better.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I found out that KoF14 allows the option to watch twitch streams in game. Capcom is so fucking backwards that it abandoned the idea of getting FM for watching tournaments on twitch and screwing over the PC community for not getting the game on the PS4.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

We just really have the best luck picking em huh?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Capcom is clueless on this man. And idk why.

Have the ads be relevant. Promote events. Promote sponsors. Maybe have a stage in front of a Lawson's or 7-11. Have ads for products on the stores walls. Qanba or Nissan noodles or something. Have a stage like the tekken areana. Where there is a big wrap around screen in the there in the back. Have ads on there like a real sporting event. Put a news ticker or banners in the menus showing tourment results and stats, promote YouTube channel, or showcase players and tournament highlight matches . Say brought to you by sprite or something. Let people watch twitch inside the actual game for FM for big evens. Have training stage have a screen in the back showing the twitch stream.

Do something.

Not this tacky shit. Ugly patches on the characters? Lol.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
i think the devs who implemented it made it ugly on purpose so ya'll can get mad. they probably had no choice in the matter with the hacks in charge. MHW was a fluke.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is clueless on this man. And idk why.

Have the ads be relevant. Promote events. Promote sponsors. Maybe have a stage in front of a Lawson's or 7-11. Have ads for products on the stores walls. Qanba or Nissan noodles or something. Have a stage like the tekken areana. Where there is a big wrap around screen in the there in the back. Have ads on there like a real sporting event. Put a news ticker or banners in the menus showing tourment results and stats, promote YouTube channel, or showcase players and tournament highlight matches . Say brought to you by sprite or something. Let people watch twitch inside the actual game for FM for big evens. Have training stage have a screen in the back showing the twitch stream.

Do something.

Not this tacky shit. Ugly patches on the characters? Lol.
These are the kinds of ideas that would get you demoted at Capcom.

edit, because they make absolute fucking sense!

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
Dream reveal:

All new characters are shown and they all go live next week.

Tired of them drip-feeding us content.

Gimme something to spend my damn FM on.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the ad shit is crazy because it is just so... counterproductive to what they want to do.

Okay, they posted tacky-ass Capcom Pro-Tour patches on the characters. I will let slide how someone who is playing the game likely already knows what the Capcom Pro Tour is. But for the people that don't... okay, they know there is a such a thing as "Capcom Pro Tour" but what do they really know about the tour from the ads alone? Do they know what it is? Do they know who is competing? Do they know where it is or when it is? Do they know how to watch it? All of these are basic-ass questions that Capcom answers with "buy our holiday costume packs!!" in loading screens.

I guess the home screen can do this, but all they're showing is fucking holiday packs and shit! Like, what in the fuck is even the end game with all of this?

This thread on Reddit might be worth checking: https://redd.it/863bdg

I main her as well, even though I am not an expert by any means (close to hitting 100 matches with her in ranked, I think). Honestly, I have been getting a lot of mileage out of some of her trial combos. Something like lp>mp>hp>ex.parabellum>h.vanity step>airthrow is relatively easy to pull off and deals good damage.

My own gameplan at the moment is to try and hang back, teasing out those jump-ins which I can punish with h.frost touch. I try to mix in normal AA as well to keep the opponent guessing, because otherwise they can bait your frost touch with empty jumps, leaving you open. On the ground I try to use cr.lp>s.lp>mp>hp>parabellum. I am still in Bronze league, though. I don't know how viable this is in Silver and higher.

Always pick VT2, btw. Better dashes, longer range and extra damage on all your punches, plus a new move (frost edge, HP+HK) which has projectile invincibility. The latter has a long startup, though, so might not be optimal at close range.

Thanks for this info, it's been a damn big help. In playing a few matches, I'm also realizing that you shouldn't (or just can't) use her iceball in projectile wars, but she definitely has some really interesting tools (like an honest to god overhead). I still need a lot more practice and experience because I still freeze up in situations, do YOLO parabellums, and don't use her parries as much as I should.

But it has been enjoyable, which is something I couldn't really say the last several attempts I had in trying to get into this game over the years.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
NNe3CBP.gif

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I finally reached the FM limit for ads yesterday. I calculated the total as 1,292 FM, but I think I must've forgotten to add something at one point, because my FM total now ends with 8. With that in mind, the total may have actually been 1,308. According to the amount of replays since the last patch, I earned the FM in 149 matches.

For comparison, last year Capcom gave away 1,500 FM for watching an hour of a CPT event.

Status
Not open for further replies.