• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The SFV team is probably about the worst thing Capcom has right now. The depths of how incompetent the people in charge are are really unknowable. I guess at this point they give zero fucks about how this game is perceived are just using it as a test bed of ideas and general fuckery they might implement in future games. Being a fan of this game is kind of a downer honestly. These people just love to score own goals too much, this ad shit has basically done irreparable damage to the game. I'm genuinely concerned about how SF6 is going to turn out unless big changes are made to the leadership of Capcom's fighting games team.

Also, buff Ed you cowards.

So, I am still a fan of SFV. I still think it is a good game. I also think they have made a lot of good moves this year. Unfortunately, I never feel like I have a moment to celebrate the good moves they make before they make another bad one. Even when I think people are focusing too much on the negative, it is hard for me to deny that they are still doing dumb shit. These ads have been relatively harmless, but they were implemented terribly. It is hard to escape the feeling that they cheapen the entire property. They have also done NOTHING to create ANY good will. At a time when people should be celebrating the franchise, when excitement should be rising, they made sure to foster a growing sense of disdain in their fanbase. I have to say, I agree with Jett; I think the people making the decisions are either completely incompetent, or they see Street Fighter V as being worthless and are happy to use it as a testing ground for half-baked monetization practices.

It is definitely pretty deflating being a fan of SFV. I just want to be happy with your game, Capcom. Why not make every announcement a win for the fans instead of another concession?

Hopefully they can bring back some of the excitement with the announcement this evening. Hopefully there aren't more concessions the fans will have to begrudgingly choke on.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
NNe3CBP.gif

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lol. Yipes is awesome.

O yea, the loading screen ads should be telling people what time the cpt finals, stream schedule , where the stream is with twitch link, update the screens to show who's in top 8 and the brackets. O yea, tell them what cpt is and how to participate.

But yea, capcom.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks for this info, it's been a damn big help. In playing a few matches, I'm also realizing that you shouldn't (or just can't) use her iceball in projectile wars, but she definitely has some really interesting tools (like an honest to god overhead). I still need a lot more practice and experience because I still freeze up in situations, do YOLO parabellums, and don't use her parries as much as I should.

But it has been enjoyable, which is something I couldn't really say the last several attempts I had in trying to get into this game over the years.
I still struggle to use her hailstorm effectively. I can use it for mild pressure, catch people by surprise (since it is slightly delayed) and for some extra damage on stun combos. But I can't shake the feeling I am missing something there.

I also keep forgetting she has a mid-air projectile of sorts + extra jump in her j.cr.mk.

Parries are cool, but aside from AA I mostly reserve them for wakeup. First two wakeups are recon for me, seeing what the opponent does. If they didn't throw, I will parry them the third time.

At neutral or close range I don't use frost touch at all, and use her v-skill instead. It has a long startup (15 frames, while the actual counter only connects at frame 8-16), but it catches all hit levels.

(Part of me wishes they would make her ex.frost touch catch all hit levels as well, but that would make it way too powerful.)

Edit: Another thing I just remembered: all ex vanity steps have projectile invincibility. Light (lk+mk) and medium (lk+hk) > punch are good, but require strict timing. The heavy (mk+hk) one seems to be the best, since it it has 55 frames of projectile invincibility and if you land in front of your opponent you can combo into lp>mp>hp>parabellum from it.

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Are we expecting some S4 news today? Or is it too late and the teasing was for something unrelated? I need at least Makoto to bring me back full time!

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are we expecting some S4 news today? Or is it too late and the teasing was for something unrelated? I need at least Makoto to bring me back full time!
Before the music started, I would have answered something like "well, of course, DUH, Capcom is not stupid enough to skip it, we're definitely getting the names of the characters and a cool trailer".

An hour later, I am a broken husk of a man without any hopes or certitudes.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

We just all went through some shit, man. No one hopes for anything anymore. We don't believe anything good will ever happen again. Where has the light gone, Ciao? Where has the light gone?

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
We just all went through some shit, man. No one hopes for anything anymore. We don't believe anything good will ever happen again. Where has the light gone, Ciao? Where has the light gone?

Thanks Ono, look at all my boys going mad in here! Better be a trailer for season 4 AND 5, with at least one rep from Rival Schools and one from World Heroes!

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man that's mighty interesting.

I guess they won't actually push the patch until top 8 is over obviously (else PC users datamine it).

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck me.

The ads were just the first step. SFV has descended into actual trash status. The haters were right all along.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I have never had less hype. Why would they do this? Evil Ryu isn't it. This is brutal. So lame. Sadness...

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
So glad to be wrong about S4 being next month, but it's gonna be annoying if it's the full 18 GB download again after a week.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
The AE trailer told us this a year ago.

eryu.png

Bet you there are still 6 S4 character besides him. That's why they put Sagat and G together.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So season 4 is dropping today? That's awesome actually.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just booted up SFV and oh it is most definitely real. "Selection not available" when I try to pick him, though.

Man, fuck this. First the ads and now this crap. This is such a huge disappointment.

Just imagine if they had released a character like Rose this way. But nope, have some shitty Evil Ryu instead.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Just booted up SFV and oh it is most definitely real. "Selection not available" when I try to pick him, though.

Man, fuck this. First the ads and now this crap. This is such a huge disappointment.

Just imagine if they had released a character like Rose this way. But nope, have some shitty Evil Ryu instead.

Look, Rose is my favorite character. But Evil Ryu is def way more popular.

It's not gonna be close. Though I don't know about them fangs. Still not as shit as Ed or Laura or Falke or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.