• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if capcom gave costumes away for free?

I noticed I have a ton of costumes I never bought. Wasn't sure if it was a side effect of them consolidating all of the dlc costume packs

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you buy the Season 3 pass within the first month of availability? They gave away a bunch then.

I don't own season 3 but I own a bunch of stuff I don't recall buying. I bought the Christmas pack with Laura but I also have Christmas outfits that weren't in that pack.

I wasn't sure aure it wasn't a consequence of them changing how the dlc packs worked , which looking at PSN seems to be the case.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Hosted a SFV event in my apartment yesterday. 15 players, round robin with a single elim grand finals for top 4. It was really fun.

I came second. Lost to some a really good Guile/Urien.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those bios are already in the in-game art gallery.
Ok thanks, makes sense. Tomorrow I'll take a look at the story mode dlc to see what I find inside, unpacking it but it's too late here so I need to go to sleep now.

Quick look: as characters (content/chara folder) it has Shadaloo soldiers, Peter, the 12 dolls (Decapre included) and that "ghost" M.Bison in one place.

In another (content/assets/chara) has Shadaloo Abel, Injured Abel, stage crowd random people (NY I think), Azam, butterfly, woman from a stage bg with green t-shirt (Brazil I think), male ninja in black, another male ninja in pink, three female ninjas wearing red clothes (both from another stage I'd say, maybe Kanzaki mansion), guy with guitar from London stage, young Ed (slim, no super muscles) with white hood, Gill, (worst SF boss ever), Kolin (SFV design), Kolin (SFIII outfit), Chun's little girl, cool black guy from Bayonetta, Mel Masters, a monkey, some extra stuff for Necalli, a couple of female ninjas in red, the Indian cop, American cops (not Peter), black, slim guy wearing shades and weird American hat and megaphones, Sean (SFV design), the guy in suit with a briefcase who works for Karin, sheep, american? almost bald blonde army guy wearing glasses (his name is David), brown hair soldier (Joe), female doctor/scientist, Byron Taylor

eRHNu31.png

CbRAtIF.png

Tz4kMBH.png

iPDQhbX.png

These are all the characters I found with a quick look. Seems it only has the current stuff we know from the main story mode. Tomorrow I'll check more folders looking for stages, props, and so on. Edit: played the main story again and they all appear there.

Edit: In my previous post I mentioned that I found the ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0035 stage at the end of Dan's Summaries description of the stages (after Sagat stage, the most recent one), some clue for an upcoming new stage. But now I saw that with the v400 file they replaced it to ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0032. Since Z32 is Kage's codename maybe this means that they were planning to release another character before Kage and they changed their plans between v400 release and the previous version release. Or maybe was just a placeholder/bug they fixed.

Last edited:

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
What of the people who have a lot of FM stocked up? It's too late to hit any kind of reset button on the system.
I guess just grandfather them in, and let people keep their FM savings, but stop people from gaining more. (That is if that they decided to remove the FM system)

Nah, it really wasn't, imo. That's a f2p model in a paid game (which was barebones at launch).
I mean I got a lot of stuff for free. Its not a perfect system by any means, but I didn't hate it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So are we still expecting a drop in January?

I wonder if MK11's reveal had any impact on their info drop plans.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There will definitely be a patch before the end of the month, at least to add some costumes.
If there is a chance of anything else, it will be then. Another character 1 month after Kage would be a good thing, but, who knows with the current marketing team at Capcom.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Not announcing the season 4 season pass baffles me. Some companies fucking love season passes. Some companies announce the season pass before announcing the game itself. So I personally will not expect anything from Capcom, and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised in the future.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I have a working theory on placeholders in the localization file. I've really only been keeping track of them since v3.080 (September of last year), but I've noticed that placeholders will appear whenever we have to redownload everything, and end up getting revealed over time with smaller .pak downloads. For instance, v3.080 was a full download, and ended up with placeholder text for costumes eventually released in v3.090 and 3.100, which were both smaller in-game downloads. After 3.100 was released, there was no placeholder text left.

v3.110 was a full download, and ended up having placeholder text for v4.000. Based on the theory above, any new content we get in the near future will be limited to whatever currently still has placeholders.

Could anyone on PC check their C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download folder and see if they happen to have any .pak files before v3.080 still there? I'd be interested to see if this theory held true in the past.

Edit: I managed to recover the v3.060 localization file, which I believe was part of a full download for G and Sagat. It didn't have any placeholders for stuff that was added in 3.070, so I guess the theory is wrong. They could potentially add stuff that doesn't already have placeholders.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Edit: I managed to recover the v3.060 localization file, which I believe was part of a full download for G and Sagat. It didn't have any placeholders for stuff that was added in 3.070, so I guess the theory is wrong. They could potentially add stuff that doesn't already have placeholders.
As I remember there were no placeholders for Kage?

Now that I'm thinking, I'm only looking at the English text. Maybe they have more placeholders in the JP localization file since most devs are Japanese? Maybe they have the stuff in Japanese only when it's under development and once this stuff is ready to be tested before release then they send it to localize it to other languages.

btw can we make a recap of all the current placeholders? Are there more in addition to the ones I listed in this post?

Edit:

I just noticed they replaced the placeholders that appeared after "Enables you to select "Jin Saotome" costume colors 3 trough 10 for Ryu ." with the patch that added Kage to v4.00 from:
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1417
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1418
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1419
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1420
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1421
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1422
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1423
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1424
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1425
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1426
ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR_1427
to:
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2346
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2347
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2348
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2349
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2349
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2350
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2351
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2352
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2353
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2354
ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR_2356

Last edited:

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Street Fighter account just retweet this old Final Fight ad that featured 2 guys cosplayed as Sodom and Damnd:

https://twitter.com/goegoezzz/status/1084568942922747905

Considering 2019 is the Final Fight 30th anniversary, could we count it as hint for potential upcoming Final Fight related new game, SFV characters or SFV content? I'd bet it isn't the case, but I'd love to see Sodom and Damnd as playable chars in SFV and a new Final Fight in 2.D made with SFV engine and artstyle.

They already stated there won't be a season pass at all this time around.
They exactly said "We currently have no plans to offer a Season Pass for the 2019 DLC characters. Stay tuned for information on future updates! " which means that no season pass is available right now but the door isn't 100% closed to see it somewhere in the future.

I know, but why? What's the thought process there?
They didn't mention it. But I assume it's to get more revenue: without Season Pass if you pay for characters instead of unlocking them you'd pay $36 for the 6 characters instead of $30.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
If we get Final Fight characters this year and they're not Poison/Roxy or Sodom, I'll be pretty disappointed tbh. As much as I'd love new reps like Carlos or Lucia, at this point in the game's life cycle I'd much rather they round out the roster with a few notable ommissions and save most of the brand-new characters for a new game to give them their own time to shine.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't mention it. But I assume it's to get more revenue: without Season Pass if you pay for characters instead of unlocking them you'd pay $36 for the 6 characters instead of $30.

But that doesn't make any business sense (insert "LOL it's Cacpcom" jokes here). Money up-front is always preferable to money over time. Think of all the players who would've paid for the season pass at the start of season 4 who will drop the game in 2019 or play infrequently enough they aren't going to bother to buy each character; or the players who will chose to prioritize their FM pile on buying part or whole of the season 4 cast rather than extra battle costumes or stages. The whole point of a season pass is to make a year's worth of DLC a one-time impulse purchase. By not offering one, Capcom is effectively leaving cash on the table.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But that doesn't make any business sense (insert "LOL it's Cacpcom" jokes here). Money up-front is always preferable to money over time. Think of all the players who would've paid for the season pass at the start of season 4 who will drop the game in 2019 or play infrequently enough they aren't going to bother to buy each character; or the players who will chose to prioritize their FM pile on buying part or whole of the season 4 cast rather than extra battle costumes or stages. The whole point of a season pass is to make a year's worth of DLC a one-time impulse purchase. By not offering one, Capcom is effectively leaving cash on the table.
In addition to the maths ($36>$30 in terms of revenue), it's pretty likely that they did this change because watching at their S1 to S3 data was better for them:

Maybe they saw that to spread character announcements across the year (S1+S2 vs S3) was better for them in terms of revenue maybe given due to the extra exposure it gives creating buzz at gaming media and social networks every time a character is announced several times per year instead of a single announcement.

Maybe they also saw that during these 3 seasons the revenue for people purchasing characters separatedly considerably was higher than the one from people getting the season pass.

In addition to this, if there isn't a season pass available is more likely that people may want to spend saved FM into specific characters instead of paying real money for them. And if players run out of FM, the relatively expensive items that you can get with both FM or real money are more likely to be bought with real money.

There are many points leading to think that Capcom would make more money without season pass and without announcing all the season characters at the same time.
If we get Final Fight characters this year and they're not Poison/Roxy or Sodom, I'll be pretty disappointed tbh. As much as I'd love new reps like Carlos or Lucia, at this point in the game's life cycle I'd much rather they round out the roster with a few notable ommissions and save most of the brand-new characters for a new game to give them their own time to shine.
In addition to Damnd and Sodom I'd also to see Haggar, Maki, Poison, Roxy (at least as a costume), Carlos, Lucia and Dean. And considering they have there people like Rolento or Guy it would be nice to have a "Final Fight" themed season running at the same time than Season 4.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
As I remember there were no placeholders for Kage?
There were indeed placeholders for Kage, including all of his colors, titles, and costumes. The shop entry for the character was listed as "ID_CMN_Cont_Char_0035AE," and some of the IDs you posted were for his colors and costumes. Also, there is no "ID_CMN_Cond_Char_0032" in the recent localization files. I think you misread "ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0032."

I just noticed they replaced the placeholders that appeared after "Enables you to select "Jin Saotome" costume colors 3 trough 10 for Ryu ." with the patch that added Kage to v4.00 from:
There are two different listings for each color or pack: ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR and ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR. Both sets you listed are still in the v4.00 locres file. I'm still convinced they're for Extra Battle costumes, as there appear to be placeholders for 10 or more new costumes that won't be paid costumes.

I've posted about some of this stuff before if you're interested: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...er-has-come-home.60234/page-164#post-15887242

I'd also recommend going to Modder Base or the now-defunct SFxT forums, as those are where I learned a lot about the inner workings of the game.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kira's noted that they appear to be flexible on the release order for the Season 4 characters since Kage moved from Z35->Z32.

Apparently back in 2016 Abigail and Menat were oriignally swapped in the schedule, but Capcom decided in September of 2016 to flip them, making Abigail the EVO reveal. (Boy, that one sure didn't work out.) I wonder if it was because he had a stage ready to go and she didn't.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I would also accept Maki though.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It's so bizarre to me that Capcom refuses to put Haggar in Street Fighter. He's super popular and iconic and would probably sell pretty well.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I would also accept Maki though.
I'd like Maki in, but would rather they focused more on her tonfa attacks and grabs rather than her Hayagake stuff.

Hope they let time affect her like they did with Cody, though. Would suck to see her fit into the "youthful kunoichi" archetype again rather than having her be a more mature and experienced fighter.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There were indeed placeholders for Kage, including all of his colors, titles, and costumes. The shop entry for the character was listed as "ID_CMN_Cont_Char_0035AE," and some of the IDs you posted were for his colors and costumes. Also, there is no "ID_CMN_Cond_Char_0032" in the recent localization files. I think you misread "ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0032."

There are two different listings for each color or pack: ID_CMN_Cond_COLOR and ID_CMN_Cont_COLOR. Both sets you listed are still in the v4.00 locres file. I'm still convinced they're for Extra Battle costumes, as there appear to be placeholders for 10 or more new costumes that won't be paid costumes.

I've posted about some of this stuff before if you're interested: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...er-has-come-home.60234/page-164#post-15887242

I'd also recommend going to Modder Base or the now-defunct SFxT forums, as those are where I learned a lot about the inner workings of the game.
Cool, thanks

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Because he's super similar to Zangief to the point they put him in Marvel in order to make him radically different.
They really only share the Double Lariat and Piledriver, and Haggar's Piledriver doesn't spin. It's just weird that Capcom draws the line at Haggar being too similar to Zangief while having no problem with half a dozen shotos, Yun and Yang, and Cammy and Decapre. Capcom's radical reinvention of Nash proves that it's possible to make derivative characters unique while maintaining their essence.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If they can have Ken, Ryu, and Akuma coexist in a game and be unique, they can have Zangief and Haggar. I don't buy that he couldn't have been in an SF game and be unique enough, expecially in V where they seem to have more freedom to experiment with styles.

edit: beaten by Ryce.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
I am and have always been on the "Haggar should be in SF" train. Similarity to Zangief matters very little IMO as stated above. Even incorporating weapons/objects like in MvC into his moveset would be enough to differentiate them.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Kira's noted that they appear to be flexible on the release order for the Season 4 characters since Kage moved from Z35->Z32.
I don't think there's any indication that Kage was ever Z35, or that he was moved up. As I mentioned above, I think Yurinka misread "Stage_0032" as "Char_0032," so he made the assumption that Kage went from 35 to 32. The "ZXX" codes are a bit arbitrary anyway. Laura, for example, was Z0E. And back in the first and second seasons, the codes went from Alex (Z15) to Urien (Z14) to Akuma (Z21).

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
One of your CFN called Village101? You were in the ERA Dojo.

I played you in ranked, you beat me, but no run back?

Why do people do this? They beat someone with way more points (I have 2k more points than Village) and you don't want to play a longer set? It's win win, you get matchup experience from someone that's overall better than you, and you show your opponent some respect by giving them the opportunity to adapt and learn.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
One of your CFN called Village101? You were in the ERA Dojo.

I played you in ranked, you beat me, but no run back?

Why do people do this? They beat someone with way more points (I have 2k more points than Village) and you don't want to play a longer set? It's win win, you get matchup experience from someone that's overall better than you, and you show your opponent some respect by giving them the opportunity to adapt and learn.
This game has 1 sided lag or maybe he had to pee?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This game has 1 sided lag and maybe he had to pee?

Sure lol

More often, I see it used as an intentional strategy to prevent opponents adapting to gimmicky gameplans. The guy was spamming Cody's v-skill at every other opportunity. I doubt I would lose to that in a first to three, but now we'll never know.

It's not the players fault if that's how they earn more points though. In general I think most fighting games have a shitty ranked setup. No competitive format in the world is playing first to 1. It reminds me of SFIV, where in ranked you could play first to one round, 20 second matches if that's what your opponent had configured their preferences to.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Yo Village you're gettin' called out

But it's at least good to know that you're doing a bit better with Cody, haha. Try not to rely on that V-Skill too much, though! For AAs/emergencies only.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If I had a character with defensive options, I'd spam that shit. I've always thought that if I had a character with a DP, I'd never be able to get jumped in on because I'd be hitting it 100% of the time.

Instead, I had to learn how to block.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
If I had a character with defensive options, I'd spam that shit. I've always thought that if I had a character with a DP, I'd never be able to get jumped in on because I'd be hitting it 100% of the time.

Instead, I had to learn how to block.
Normally I'd agree, but the white health damage that Cody's V-Skill does to you really builds up over time. His sHP is a pretty awesome AA for most circumstances, which means you generally don't HAVE to use V-Skill except as a late reaction to a jump-in or to stop a crossup.

Status
Not open for further replies.