• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
New location tests happening for Type Arcade on 15 ~ 17th Feb at 3 locations:
1. Plaza Capcom Kichijoji-ten
2. Taito Station Fukuoka Tenjin-ten
3. A special Taito booth at the Fukuoka Convention Center (Evo Japan) *Feb 15th and 16th only

https://www.4gamer.net/games/435/G043567/20190213083/ (Article in Japanese)

There's details too regarding how to link your Steam/PS4 account to the Nesica card so that your costumes and colours carry over.
https://sfvac.jp/explain/logingate

The actual web page where you can link accounts isn't active yet (https://sfvac.jp/). Probably will be updated before Type Arcade launches.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
SFV players now know what to do: Keep finding game-breaking bugs to force Capcom to communicate with the community.

Yes. We are at that stage of the relationship where we are breaking Capcom's shit just so that they will acknowledge us. Negative attention is better than no attention at all. This relationship is officially unhealthy.

You say you want us around. You say what we have together isn't dead. But what you say, and how you act, tell different stories, Capcom.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yes. We are at that stage of the relationship where we are breaking Capcom's shit just so that they will acknowledge us. Negative attention is better than no attention at all. This relationship is officially unhealthy.

You say you want us around. You say what we have together isn't dead. But what you say, and how you act, tell different stories, Capcom.

I'm dying at how dramatic this is. I'm pessimistic too, but this reply needs some soap opera music in the background.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying at how dramatic this is. I'm pessimistic too, but this reply needs some soap opera music in the background.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not much, but I'll take any news on season 4 at this point:

Matt is very good at using Logan and WSO to slide things out there. He did it w/ Logan saying the input lag patch was in development 6 months before it hit, and In this case, the double entendre between "Story of SFV" as a product vs the literal story mode.

G's story being a prologue should have made it obvious that something bigger was coming down the pike later on.

The issue right now is that Capcom is hyper focused on Japan and the Type Arcade launch (which is understandable it's a very big deal) but to the detriment of literally everywhere else.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Matt is very good at using Logan and WSO to slide things out there. He did it w/ Logan saying the input lag patch was in development 6 months before it hit, and In this case, the double entendre between "Story of SFV" as a product vs the literal story mode.

G's story being a prologue should have made it obvious that something bigger was coming down the pike later on.

The issue right now is that Capcom is hyper focused on Japan and the Type Arcade launch (which is understandable it's a very big deal) but to the detriment of literally everywhere else.

As frustrated as I am with Capcom's poor communication, I really hope they nail it with Type Arcade. The arcade release is going to be super important for the game's legacy. I think SFxT would still be around in some capacity if Japan got an arcade cab.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As frustrated as I am with Capcom's poor communication, I really hope they nail it with Type Arcade. The arcade release is going to be super important for the game's legacy. I think SFxT would still be around in some capacity if Japan got an arcade cab.

I think Type Arcade will be something special. I just hate the fact I can't get one of those in the UK.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I'd love to see a 2nd volume of the main story mode, or to get a 2nd character story for everyone. I'm not a native speaker so I don't get exactly the details of the meaning, but for me just looking at the sentence means he's talking about the story mode. But in the context of the conversation (it was a reply to people complaining about lack of annoucements related to new game content or features) I'd say he was meaning that they will announce more content/features for the game.

Regarding the character stories, back when the game was released they also were mentioned as character prologues. As if all these stories -not only G's one- were the prologue for each characer to the SFV story (seen in main story mode + arcade SFV path).

The problem is that the main story mode there is a limited amount of characters that can appear there and the arcade endings are pretty limited having only a page so many new characters have a big hole in the story. Like who is G and what is his role in the game story? Ok, Falke and Ed leave Shadaloo but what happens with them and NeoShadaloo? Menat was supposed to do something with Bison or Ed? etc. If the main story covered more or less most characters of the original roster and S1 characters + Kolin and some hint of possible future seasons characters, it would be nice to have a 2nd main story covering S2, S3, S4 and maybe hinting some S5 characters.

So maybe it would be a good idea to release this hypothetical 2nd main story once S4 ends or once we know all S4 characters if they decide to announce them before. I assume that in addition to the new score and the option to use your console/PC costumes and colors they may include something else for the arcade version. Extra customization? More characters at the same time, maybe some of them with a timed exclusivity for the arcade? maybe a SFV Type Arcade path additional to the SFV we have? a new game mode that would be a variation of arcade mode or survival that maybe would include these characters or variations we only saw in story mode or Extra Battle? Some arcade specific content to engage Japanese players to go to the arcades?

Who knows, but I'm dying to get new content.

Oct 25, 2017
I believed a second story was coming in S2 and S3, but it's def both too far into the game and too much silence now for something that big to exist now. If it were happening we'd have seen it at CapCup. Capcom isn't dumb enough to not know why CapCup 2018 is considered one of the best in terms of announcements.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All I see the Street Fighter Twitter account tweet now is characters' birthdays.

I don't give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.