• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last SFV Steam QA servers were made 4 days ago, no activity today. No new avatar image at SF official social media accounts, no hints. The Tekken 7 finals are almost done, the SFV top 8 should start in half and hour or so and as of now no signs of upcoming announcement or release for today.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There's supposed to be an announcement at the end of the stream but I think it's going to be Granblue or something

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Not sure if Joey Cuellar meant that would be some announcement after SFV finals. If it's the case I assume it would be SFV related. If it's the case, considering they didn't hype anything I'd assume it may just be the specific SFVTA release because until now we only know it's coming this "March" to arcades.

Last edited:

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
well there we go, nothing, I guess we just have to hope everything is saved for the Arcade launch. Also an arcade launch must mean SFVI is a lot further away than 2020

Also didn't every other game at Evo have a cool announcement?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to force it but I'm left with no choice.

Give me an excuse to post a picture of Ken.
bEiTL.gif

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
well there we go, nothing, I guess we just have to hope everything is saved for the Arcade launch. Also an arcade launch must mean SFVI is a lot further away than 2020

Also didn't every other game at Evo have a cool announcement?

Guilty Gear didn't have one. Tekken's announcement was just release dates for characters we knew were coming (and Julia gameplay). The biggest announcement was BBTag, adding 3 characters and teasing another franchise being added.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's...depressing actually in terms of overall announcements
1. Amy to SoulCalibur VI
2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Spring update (3 characters + 5th fate + 6th fate teased)
3. SNK Heroines to Steam
4. Tekken 7 Negan and Julia gameplay

It was fine, just nothing huge.

Of course, wasn't expecting anything from SFV.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Why do we need announcements anyway ? The Melee crowd stayed hype for decades just by the core quality of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Melee still managing to be alive despite a meta that hasn't evolved in half a decade, forcing usage of proprietary consoles and CRTs, and have zero official support since 1999 is proof that the anti-SFV bandwagon doesn't miss SFIV as much as it just hates SFV.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
1. Amy to SoulCalibur VI
2. BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Spring update (3 characters + 5th fate + 6th fate teased)
3. SNK Heroines to Steam
4. Tekken 7 Negan and Julia gameplay

It was fine, just nothing huge.

Of course, wasn't expecting anything from SFV.

Also Million Arthur Arcana Blood coming to Steam.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, would've gone with "probably not" with my response if I hadn't forgotten about Ono not bothering with Evo Japan this year. Oh well, not a big deal to me. Would've rather seen Cassandra before Amy for SCVI, but that did at least point to the remaining two DLC characters being correct (I don't know what Arc are doing with BBTAG after its datamining didn't amount to anything yet, but I don't really care all that much anymore).

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ouch, hope he gets well soon and takes care of himself. His health is more important than work or communication.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the arcade launches AFTER the 17th next month? I find it hard to believe they'd launch without new content to entice people to play.
Yeah launch is the weekend after Final Round.

And I think your called shot may turn out to be right. 3-4 chacters now, 1-2 at EVO. Would totally explain the lack of a season pass.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would that prevent them from selling a season pass?
It'd make it kind of silly to do a pass if most of the content's out immediately up front and not trickled. Also gives them sales data to test the counterfactual.

I think the biggest reason there's not a pass, though, is that they don't want to put out a new digital SKU for A.E. Deluxe when Super is almost certainly hitting next January.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Launch event at something starting with a T in Japan the week after Final Round IIRC.
I found it: people Toushinsai, March 23 and 24 in Tokyo.

Not sure if it's going to be too much for a single update, but it's possible that we may get there in the same update the next character, the Type Arcade port with potential new features and content (until now we know you'll be able to link your PSN/Steam account to play with your costumes, colors, etc in the arcade version and that SFVTA will have Battle Points) and the Capcom Pro Tour DLC bundle.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It'd make it kind of silly to do a pass if most of the content's out immediately up front and not trickled. Also gives them sales data to test the counterfactual.

I think the biggest reason there's not a pass, though, is that they don't want to put out a new digital SKU for A.E. Deluxe when Super is almost certainly hitting next January.

It's kind of crazy we're so used to companies selling passes with unknown content spread out over a year that a bundle of DLC characters with a close release is an unlikely proposition. It really shouldn't be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.