• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah all FF season, can't wait to play as my bros Kyle and Cory

V44ERsB.jpg

What game is this from?

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If Damnd is in it would be funny if all of his specials involve whistling and having various Mad Gear goons jump in to do something.

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
This stage has me thinking that a new Final Fight game would be pretty cool. We're getting a new Streets of Rage, so why not.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the big question about that CPT stage: If one of the players picks Cody with story costume, does Haggar's belt & pants disappear?

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did they add Leo/Alex in the update?

What's his alternate version????
In 1 hour or so from now they will start the maintenance (it's scheduled to last around 6 hours but traditionally they need less time) to include the new update that will add the CPT Bundle (with the 2 related costumes, EX8 color for all chracters and the stage plus additional stuff), the Robots DLC bundle (Jin Saotome Costume+Mech costumes), Mega Man costume dlc, Roll costume dlc and the separated CPT costumes and stage. Later today (starting 2 or 3 hours from now) The Gief's costume (masked Zangief) will be included in Fighting Chance mode replacing Cammy's ARSF/Cannon Spike costume.

Leo's costume it won't be available today for all players because it's the Extra Battle that will be available starting in March 15th after the current Gutsman costume is complete (this week is its second week). But it's likely that they may include it in the code of the update that is coming today, and if it's the case dataminers and modders will be able to watch it later today.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
In 1 hour or so from now they will start the maintenance to include the new update that will add the CPT Bundle (with the 2 related costumes, EX8 color for all chracters and the stage plus additional stuff), the Robots DLC bundle (Jin Saotome Costume+Mech costumes), Mega Man costume dlc, Roll costume dlc and the separated CPT costumes and stage. Later today once it's done The Gief's costume (masked Zangief) will be included in Fighting Chance mode.

Leo's costume it won't be available today for all players because it's the Extra Battle that will be available starting in March 15th after the current Gutsman costume is complete (this week is its second week). But it's likely that they may include it in the code of the update that is coming today, and if it's the case dataminers and modders will be able to watch it later today.
Hurray! :D

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn about who I want this season.
At this point I'm already starting to wishlist SF6, and I feel like any season 4 or 5 characters are less likely to make the base roster of SF6.

I really want Rose, but I also want her in the base SF6 roster. So, a season with 5 FF characters would be pretty cool as they are deeper cuts and would probably not make it in otherwise.

However, if Capcom doesn't have some sort of bundle or the characters purchasable via the actual Steam store, it kinda kills my desire to buy anything else.

Regardless, I think Sodom makes it in S4.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In 1 hour or so from now they will start the maintenance (it's scheduled to last around 6 hours but traditionally they need less time) to include the new update that will add the CPT Bundle (with the 2 related costumes, EX8 color for all chracters and the stage plus additional stuff), the Robots DLC bundle (Jin Saotome Costume+Mech costumes), Mega Man costume dlc, Roll costume dlc and the separated CPT costumes and stage. Later today (starting 2 or 3 hours from now) The Gief's costume (masked Zangief) will be included in Fighting Chance mode replacing Cammy's ARSF/Cannon Spike costume.

Will be interesting to see if there's anything to datatmine in there.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
SFV server maintenance starts in 10 minutes.

Edit: Game under maintenance.
Will be interesting to see if there's anything to datatmine in there.
I'm checking the updates every 5 minutes while working in order to update it and datamine it as soon as possible. I'll post the findings asap.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
V4.021 downloaded as a small .pak update, but for V4.020 proper it's a full 19 GB download yet again....

Ah, the 4.021 patch is just the fix for the Blanka glitch.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kira's doing some sort of live datamining live stream on the patch contents, so the race is on for Shang/Yurinka to try and ruin it for him! :)

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
V4.021 downloaded as a small .pak update, but for V4.020 proper it's a full 19 GB download yet again....

Ah, the 4.021 patch is just the fix for the Blank glitch.
Downloading stuff, 4.020 patch I think is 15.1GB. I bought the CPT bundle, downloading it too. Expect to see closer views of the folks in the Final Fight stage later today.

Kira's doing some sort of live datamining live stream on the patch contents, so the race is on for Shang/Yurinka to try and ruin it for him! :)
His Twitch doesn't seem to be live right now. I'm still downloading stuff, but he already has updated. Btw for people thinking about the EX8 color added in the CPT bundle he already did some videos showcasing it in all characters several days ago.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The 4.021 update also seems to change the "Battle resource" of the Z27 character (Blanka). I assume this means they patched the popular freeze bug.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Just updated, and for some reason I already have The Gief costume unlocked. No such luck for the other new costumes.

I checked the localization file, and many of the old placeholders have been filled in. A few new placeholders as well:

ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0033
ID_CMN_Cond_Stage_0035

32 ended up being the CPT stage. It looks like there are at least two more stages coming soon, though it's weird that there's no "34" stage placeholder yet.

Possibly three new (paid?) costumes:
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0265
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0267
ID_CMN_Cond_Costume_0272

No new placeholder for a character like there was with Kage.

Easter eggs (I don't have Kage, unfortunately, so I can't get his):

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading stuff, 4.020 patch I think is 15.1GB. I bought the CPT bundle, downloading it too. Expect to see closer views of the folks in the Final Fight stage later today.

His Twitch doesn't seem to be live right now. I'm still downloading stuff, but he already has updated. Btw for people thinking about the EX8 color added in the CPT bundle he already did some videos showcasing it in all characters several days ago.
Sorry, I left out the word tomorrow accidentally.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
That's a big sword you have there, Alex...

Qa0N6U8.jpg

All of the remaining Arcade mission titles have also been revealed. They seem to continue the Slam Masters theme, though I have no which characters some of them could refer to.

The Last and Strongest Giant
Acapulco Killer Bee = El Stingray
Mayor = Haggar
Stray Sheep = Alexander The Grater?
Lost Wisdom
Wild Whale
Brown Flash
Human Court
Intelligent Monkey

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody on Reddit says after the update if you alt-tab out on PC the game no longer responds to controls when you return...

Can anyone confirm?

(Please be true.)
I think SFV loses focus if you alt tab out and back in. You have to click on the screen to restore focus, and then the controls will work again.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still unpacking stuff, this update is massive and still couldn't datamine anything xDD

Fun fact: when they released the new update they increased the max size of the app from 28.69 GiB to 29.70 GiB) (+1.01 GiB)

All of the remaining Arcade mission titles have also been revealed. They seem to continue the Slam Masters theme, though I have no which characters some of them could refer to.

Mayor = Haggar
Lost Wisdom
Wild Whale
Brown Flash
Human Court
Intelligent Monkey

Wild Whale = Jumbo Flapjack?
Intelligent Monkey = King Rasta Mon?

Last edited:

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Mayor = Haggar
Lost Wisdom
Wild Whale
Brown Flash
Human Court
Intelligent Monkey
The Last and Strongest Giant = Titan the Great (/ Titanic Tim)
Acapulco Killer Bee = El Stinger (/ El Stingray)
Mayor = Mike "Macho" Haggar
Stray Sheep = Sheep the Royal (/ Alexander the Grater)
Lost Wisdom = "Missing IQ" Gomes (/ King Rasta Mon)
Wild Whale = Kimala the Bouncer (/ Jumbo Flapjack)
Brown Flash = Astro (/ The Scorpion)
Human Court = Harry Hicks
Intelligent Monkey = Freak

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might not be nothing, but it looks like we can expect another big content update in March. The mech costume bundle is slated to be taken down then.
This is definitely not nothing.
This content will be available for purchase until the server maintenance for the March 2019 update begins. Be advised there may be no announcement prior to taking down this content.
This strongly suggests that the next big content drop's going to be an instant drop a la Kage at Final Round and that the only reason Alex's costume is in-game is because Final Round starts on the 15th instead of the week prior.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow Lady coming soon?

THE MASTER
NECALLI X
SHADOW
SHADOW
ID_CMN_EXChar_E_SLD
THE GIEF
TRUE AKUMA
TRUE BISON

Just speculation that SLD = Shadow Lady. I checked Chun's files and she doesn't have extra files for an EX moveset yet, however. Interesting to finally have names for all of the "EX" Bosses, though I'm not sure why Shadow is listed twice.

I didn't even know they were doing Slam Masters titles...

Have they actually appeared in the game yet?
Yup, you get them from scoring 100,000+ in Arcade mode. Only two Slam Master titles have been released so far, starting this past January.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, you get them from scoring 100,000+ in Arcade mode. Only two Slam Master titles have been released so far, starting this past January.
Exactly it's when one of the weekly missions is one of that says you need to score over 100K points in Arcade to get a title as reward. More or less they do these kind of missions once or twice per month.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This strongly suggests that the next big content drop's going to be an instant drop a la Kage at Final Round and that the only reason Alex's costume is in-game is because Final Round starts on the 15th instead of the week prior.

If they just drop another character and don't give any info on the plans for the year (i.e. explain what "doing this differently" means), I'm going to lose it.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
What were the two titles? D:

For Biff and Gunloc?? (My favs???)
Yup:

Red Lion
Florida Wild Horse

I can't imagine they'd have the titles and not have some costumes to go along with them, like they did with the Darkstalkers titles last year. Ken hasn't had a beefcake costume yet, right? He'd be great as Biff or Gunloc.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Yup:

Red Lion
Florida Wild Horse

I can't imagine they'd have the titles and not have some costumes to go along with them, like they did with the Darkstalkers titles last year. Ken hasn't had a beefcake costume yet, right? He'd be great as Biff or Gunloc.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo. (I actually don't care about titles.) They should put them in the shop though. Thanks for the info.

Anyone found Alex/Leo's colors yet??

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
New mission placeholders have appeared. The first two and last two are just for context. Each character actually has two unique missions: one for performing a special move, and one for performing a CA. However, Capcom have never actually made these missions available. Judging by the placement and amount of new missions, they're probably for the 5 remaining season 4 characters.

Perform a Ryusokyaku with Kage {common2} time(s)!
Perform a Critical Art with Kage {common2} time(s)!
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2089 - Perform special move with Character 36?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2090 - Perform a Critical Art with Character 36?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2091 - Perform special move with Character 37?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2092 - Perform a Critical Art with Character 37?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2093 - Perform special move with Character 38?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2094 - Perform a Critical Art with Character 38?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2095 - Perform special move with Character 39?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2096 - Perform a Critical Art with Character 39?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2097 - Perform special move with Character 40?
ID_SYS_Chal_Targ_T2098 - Perform a Critical Art with Character 40?

Sakura's Urgent Errand
Shibasaki's First Request

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. (I actually don't care about titles.) They should put them in the shop though. Thanks for the info.

Anyone found Alex/Leo's colors yet??
Gravelee on Reddit usually posts the colors: https://www.reddit.com/user/Gravelee If he hasn't done them by later I'll try to do them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.