• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got the Arcade Edition Deluxe during this sale. Has anyone calculated how much fight money you can get by completing all the single player content? I'm debating whether to buy the stages as well.
If you do story, trials, demonstrations, all 4 difficulty levels of survival you will top out around level 29 for each character. Maybe the season 1 characters will get you a bit more due to having more trials. But level 29 X 1,000 FM for each level = 29000 FM per character.

29,000 X 34 characters of Arcade Deluxe = roughly 986000 FM.

You will earn more doing weekly missions and leveling up characters during online play, but don't expect a huge amount. You might eke out the 1,000,000 FM trophy if you do all the possible FM sources, but it will be a grind with EXTREME survival.
I also suggest to be aware that every month or so in Extra Battle mode they include a golden/silver Shadaloo soldier fight that gives you extra FM.

When you also completed all the basic FM sources including the weekly missions (many Trials and higher Survival difficulties are too hard for me) I also suggest to play ranked online battles with the characters that are closer to level up. You can check out how close each character is to level up in one of the many statistics that appear in the player profile menu that appears when pressing the Square (in PS4) button in the main menu.

Also remember that by playing Survival Mode and in Fighting Chance you earn bonus items for the Survival Mode. I suggest you to save them for later and slowly farm them in order to use them for when you want to try some hard or extreme difficulty Survival Mode.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A qaenv5 build was added to Steam yesterday: https://steamdb.info/app/310950/depots/?branch=qaenv5 There was some speculation by X-Kira that each qaenv build number was basically a test build for the upcoming season, but in the case of qaenv2, it was actually added after Season 2 had already started:

qaenv4: November 21, 2017 - V 4.000: December 17, 2018
qaenv3: May 29, 2017 - V 3.002: January 16, 2018
qaenv2: January 23, 2017 - V 2.000: December 20, 2016

qaenv2 and qaenv3 were also updated as recently as February, 2019, and I'm not sure why they would continue updating them if they were just test builds for previous seasons.

However, I'm choosing to disregard all logic and instead go wild with speculation for Season 5. Stealth 5-character dump after E3 to finish Season 4, then Super Street Fighter V: Type Console+α next January. Book it.
I don't remember to listen XKira saying that.

Back in late February I analized all QA server updates until then since 26/09/17 (oldest day I could track), I just updated it until today:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MvS2koGXjXpcil1VmANJRNn7SzdDyEijAV9drFfYf-w/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see there both qaenv5 and qaenv_test_siri5 were created in 25/05/18, same they they removed qaenv_test_siri_e. Then they removed qaenv5 and and qaenv_test_siri5 in 07/06/18. They did remove a server and added it again later many times before.

Since 26/09/17 they periodically updated qaenv2, qaenv3 and qaenv4 many times as they did with many other servers during all seasons. For each major update, they periodically updated qaenv or qaenv2 different times and frequently after that qaenv3. Sometimes, qaenv4. In the most recent builds they don't use qaenv anymore. And sometimes don't even use qaenv2.

They are not related to seasons.

One of those is probably Type Arcade.
No, they are different servers for testing, each one with a Steam version of the game under development. That code also includes basically the same than

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember to listen XKira saying that.

qaenv4 was actually listed as early as November of 2017, so I agree that they're probably not directly associated with seasons. But then again, X-Kira is the one who supposedly has access to the QA builds, so maybe he knows something we don't.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
been playing MK11

it has Krushing Blows which are p much Crush Counters

with the difference you only get one (1) per match, and that there's a control setting that lets you keep a button pressed to activate them when they meet the conditions, and they don't trigger otherwise

feel that would fix a lot wrong with Crush Counters

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

qaenv4 was actually listed as early as November of 2017, so I agree that they're probably not directly associated with seasons. But then again, X-Kira is the one who supposedly has access to the QA builds, so maybe he knows something we don't.

Please check the google doc I linked to compare the creation, updates and removal of these servers to the game updates.

"test380", "test390" etc seem to be the builds they have ready to release to the game, notice that they traditionally delete these ones the same day of a game update. As if they don't need them anymore, so likely to include this version to be released that day. Sometimes it's a few days later.

As an example, in the example you provide he says in September, "test380" was the last game client uploaded during the season 3: it was the one that hours later unlocked Kage and the other S4 content in December. "test390" was already there as they mention but notice XKira says that the last S3 client isn't test390, but it's test380 instead. So he nailed it several months before.

Regarding the qaenv/qaenv_siri/qaenv_test_siri, or qaenv2/qaenv_siri2/qaenv_test_siri2, or qaenv3/qaenv_siri3/qaenv_test_siri3, qaenv4/qaenv_siri4/qaenv_test_siri4 (or 5 too) they seem to be Q&A environment servers, where they test the stuff that currently is under development.

Notice unlike the servers named "testXXX", the qaenv servers get updated several times between game updates. This seems to indicate that they upload here a version to test it, they find some bugs, and if needed to fix them and update it later with a new version and continue in loop until they have a bug free game update ready. Once they have it, then they upload it to a "testXXX" server and remains there until the planned release day (not sure if they have to submit to Sony to follow a certification process at least for the full client update builds, but it's very likely and this may require weeks).

Until that day, they continue using the qaenv servers to test future builds that will be released later. Notice in my google doc, when XKira and this guy were talking the test380 and test390 were already uploaded. So they would be working in the qaenv servers on the next one, the first one of the S4/400 series. Instead of being named test400, months later it ended released as test420 because it was going to be the v4.020 version (but had to include a last minute patch so ended being v4.021).

There seems to be a pattern there, but it isn't exact science. As an example, instead of having "test440" (free trial version) for the recently released v4.040 they had "test3110", the one they did use in the last free trial version back in December. Aaand notice they also have "test3110_2" (such a random lazy coder name) active since February 26th, day they released the CPT 2019 content. So maybe it includes the remaining CPT costume, but they already did use "test3110_2" the day released Season 4 (added and removed it the same day), the day they removed the "test380" build they had there uploaded for months.

Regarding qaenv4 as you can see in my google doct it was created in March 30th, 2018 and it has been updated like 10 time since then with different versions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
been playing MK11

with the difference you only get one (1) per match, and that there's a control setting that lets you keep a button pressed to activate them when they meet the conditions, and they don't trigger otherwise

wat

rude

Oct 25, 2017
been playing MK11

Crush counters aren't good enough for the majority of characters to make getting only one per match make sense to me

Controversial opinion but crush counters aren't that bad anymore outside a select few characters having super dumb buttons

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
been playing MK11

It's season 4. Crush Counters have been fixed.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really gonna miss Crush Counters after we leave SFV. There's something so satisfying about that unique sound effect, that spark explosion, that painful flinch, and that freeze-frame. It's a great theatrical effect.

I play 3S a lot, and I REALLY miss crush counters every time I punish a Ken DP in that game. It's such a distinct mechanic and I think it'll be looked back on fondly in the future.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, another 11 DLC packages added to Steam just an hour ago: https://steamdb.info/app/310950/dlc/
That's 18 new DLC packages within the last 24 days. Could just be more character costume bundles, but Dhalsim still only has that one extra Halloween costume, lol.

As an example, in the example you provide he says in September, "test380" was the last game client uploaded during the season 3: it was the one that hours later unlocked Kage and the other S4 content in December. "test390" was already there as they mention but notice XKira says that the last S3 client isn't test390, but it's test380 instead. So he nailed it several months before.

Until that day, they continue using the qaenv servers to test future builds that will be released later. Notice in my google doc, when XKira and this guy were talking the test380 and test390 were already uploaded. So they would be working in the qaenv servers on the next one, the first one of the S4/400 series. Instead of being named test400, months later it ended released as test420 because it was going to be the v4.020 version (but had to include a last minute patch so ended being v4.021).
Except the final S3 client was v3.110, which introduced ads and had the placeholders for Kage. And there was a v3.100 before that, which was an in-game download. From what I can tell, they only do testXXX builds on Steam whenever there's a major update that changes the main files. There were never test400, test410, test430 or test440 builds because those were in-game PAK downloads and not major updates. PAK updates are downloaded through Capcom's servers, so they don't have to deal with Steam, hence no corresponding testXXX builds on Steam.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a fuck about new characters. How about Capcom add these to the game?

latest

latest

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I play 3S a lot, and I REALLY miss crush counters every time I punish a Ken DP in that game. It's such a distinct mechanic and I think it'll be looked back on fondly in the future.
Crush counters are similar to counters in Garou; in garou a counter hit would juggle or stun an opponent depending on the attack.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Then i mis-worded sorry ^^; the mechanic just reminds of how Garou handles counter hits.

SFV is def not the only game with a special counter hit mechanic, but Crush Counters are such a core part of the game's strategy, presentation, and feel. It's a defining feature of the game. If I had to think of a defining feature from Garou it would be TOP or Just Defend.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
SFV is def not the only game with a special counter hit mechanic, but Crush Counters are such a core part of the game's strategy, presentation, and feel. It's a defining feature of the game. If I had to think of a defining feature from Garou it would be TOP or Just Defend.
Ah in that case i see what you mean.

The sfx od the crush counter is indeed satisfying too.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
been playing MK11

Crush counters are awesome. They feel and sound good. I like the system in place now for the most part.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
"CC" was a feature that was mechanic in the Alpha games.

I do like the Defense/Offense meter. Wake up roll and Get up attacks are like V-Reversals but they actually work.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, another 11 DLC packages added to Steam just an hour ago: https://steamdb.info/app/310950/dlc/
That's 18 new DLC packages within the last 24 days. Could just be more character costume bundles, but Dhalsim still only has that one extra Halloween costume, lol.
So now there are 23 unreleased and unnamed Steam items. They may be very likely costume bundles (make sure we'll get summer/halloween/Christmas 2019 bundles). In-game they added placeholders for like a year of crossover costumes in Extra Battle and the next 5 DLC characters so maybe they also added now all the related Crossover bundles planned for this year in addition to the 2020 CPT/summer/halloween/Christmas.

If not, looking at previous examples they may be CPT bundles, a season pass, stage bundles, OST downloads (they did different ones for SFV and SFVAE) or a general story expansion (if they plan to release SSFV or similar later this year they also would release its OST and maybe a general story or similar expansion). It would be nice to add color bundles too.

Except the final S3 client was v3.110, which introduced ads and had the placeholders for Kage. And there was a v3.100 before that, which was an in-game download. From what I can tell, they only do testXXX builds on Steam whenever there's a major update that changes the main files. There were never test400, test410, test430 or test440 builds because those were in-game PAK downloads and not major updates. PAK updates are downloaded through Capcom's servers, so they don't have to deal with Steam, hence no corresponding testXXX builds on Steam.
As I mentioned before, they did use "testV3110" both back in December (ads update) and now in April (most recent update) to introduce free trial version. "testV3110" did have the Kage placeholders but not Kage content, which was added and unlocked with "test380" (a.k.a. game version v4.00).

Regarding what you say about test400, test410, test430 or test440 yep it makes sense.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Gating moves behind v-trigger is my biggest issue with SFV... it's a big part why the game is rushdown oriented.
I love the game nontheless though.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I went back to SFV today for the first time since MK11 came out, and literally the first thing I did was press b+MK to try to do a sweep. Meanwhile, in MK11 I'm constantly pressing down to recover. I don't know how some pro players can become so proficient at more than one fighting game.

WydD posted an article yesterday describing the research he did on the interactions between Critical Art moves and the damage scaling system in SFV. He did an excellent job laying out all the details: https://medium.com/@WydD/deep-dive-into-the-sfv-guts-487d2d4d2c7f
Pretty fascinating, thanks for the link! No wonder it always feels like Chun's CA does so little damage. And I remember commentators always joking that the answer to "Is Karin's CA going to kill?" is always "Yes."

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I went back to SFV today for the first time since MK11 came out, and literally the first thing I did was press b+MK to try to do a sweep. Meanwhile, in MK11 I'm constantly pressing down to recover. I don't know how some pro players can become so proficient at more than one fighting game.
Seriously, this is an underappreciated skill. After a long Street Fighter 3rd Strike session, any attempt to play another 2D fighting game will result in me getting hit trying to parry something.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It's a shame that NRS are being called out for MK11 for being grindy while SFV made changes that made the FM economy fucked and being ignored.

1k FM from challenges and 50FM from winning online matches to unlock characters and stages that cost 40k-100k FM

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
lol if you think Capcom hasn't been called out for far less shady shit than what MK11 is doing

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
SFV is currently on sale on the PSN. And since I own a disc version I'd love to update it do a digital one. Also have a lot of DLC for it like all 3 season passes e.g.

But I don't know if the base game would be enough to upgrade or do I need the Arcade Edition? Hope somebody knows.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SFV is currently on sale on the PSN. And since I own a disc version I'd love to update it do a digital one. Also have a lot of DLC for it like all 3 season passes e.g.

But I don't know if the base game would be enough to upgrade or do I need the Arcade Edition? Hope somebody knows.
The base game should be enough in theory, as the Arcade Edition is literally the base game bundled with the first two season passes.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
It's a shame that NRS are being called out for MK11 for being grindy while SFV made changes that made the FM economy fucked and being ignored.

1k FM from challenges and 50FM from winning online matches to unlock characters and stages that cost 40k-100k FM

It's not a shame. Both should be called out. MK is more popular than SF nowadays. MKX sold 11 million copies. There's a brighter light on that series.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just buy the base for 7.99 so you can do discless.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
lol if you think Capcom hasn't been called out for far less shady shit than what MK11 is doing

It's not a shame. Both should be called out. MK is more popular than SF nowadays. MKX sold 11 million copies. There's a brighter light on that series.

They've never been called out for reducing the amount of FM earned as well as completing SP content. Jim Sterling called them out for the "lootbox" but that's it. Everything else is back when the game first released.

Status
Not open for further replies.