• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks reddit

gbaf8cz543131.jpg

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I just cannot play this game anymore after MK11.

SFV focus too much being up close rather than whiff punish on reaction.

As Cammy I rely on using Cr.Forward to whiff punish and to check spacing. But it's not going to win anything unless I react on start up frames which 99% likey will be a CC that out ranges her Cr.Forward. And she doesn't have a good CC button on her own like Bison or Kolin. And instead you have to reply on dive kicks to get in or dash in.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot play this game anymore after MK11.

SFV focus too much being up close rather than whiff punish on reaction.

As Cammy I rely on using Cr.Forward to whiff punish and to check spacing. But it's not going to win anything unless I react on start up frames which 99% likey will be a CC that out ranges her Cr.Forward. And she doesn't have a good CC button on her own like Bison or Kolin. And instead you have to reply on dive kicks to get in or dash in.
SFxT may play into whiff punishes are de-emphasized due to how explosive damage in SFV is. If whiff punishing is relatively easy to do and also very easy to reliably do, players will turtle up as a response, resulting in defensive gameplay. This was a big problem in how SFxT played at high levels, even after the 2013 patch.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
SFxT may play into whiff punishes are de-emphasized due to how explosive damage in SFV is. If whiff punishing is relatively easy to do and also very easy to reliably do, players will turtle up as a response, resulting in defensive gameplay. This was a big problem in how SFxT played at high levels, even after the 2013 patch.

That's why we have overheads, throws and frame traps to counter this.

SFxT was just SFxT.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I just want a fucking game where the dumb shit doesn't have THIS MUCH of a reward. Getting CC'd from some bullshit ass +3 button is fucking GARBAGE shit.

High tempo derp beats waiting and thinking. The fuck is this garbage ass shit.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I just want a fucking game where the dumb shit doesn't have THIS MUCH of a reward. Getting CC'd from some bullshit ass +3 button is fucking GARBAGE shit.

High tempo derp beats waiting and thinking. The fuck is this garbage ass shit.

MK11, Krushing blows on moves only work once per game. Got down-2 after your throw whiffed? Use Break Away

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Rashid and Bison have been allowed to stay this strong. FUCK this fucking scrub ass game.

Get in, press buttons, do whatever...it's plus on block. and gives crush counter. i have a two bar v trigger to make unsafe shit safe and give FUCKING MIX UP on block.

TIME TO GUESS

shit game through and through.
wait until you play anime games LUL

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Valle with the real talk. Something broke in me today. Fuck the garbage ass game. Characters be damned. Game is ass

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
My menat smurf is finally at the rank where I'm fighting grand master Rashid / bison / one the other endless rush down characters that fill 90% of the cast.

Shit is oppressive, unfun, and shines a hard light on what I hate about this shit game. Don't mind my salt.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Can't you beat spamming CCs with strategic use of CCs? Is it a character specific CC problem?

I brought up Cammy's Cr.Forward and then Kolin's CC. At a max distance without VT2, Kolin's Fierce will outrange anything as long as it's not against a button that's faster. has better range and/or CC.

Cammy's Cr.Forward has poor range because the hitbox is at her shin and Kolin's hurtbox doesn't extend forward in her stand fierce. Kolin can be -12 after doing it again but that hitbox on Cammy's 7f Cr.Forward will overlap Kolin's foot and she will get the Fierce to whiff punish and will get the EX Ice Dagger cancel.

And here I'm thinking "Maybe I should just thrown a random DP on a -12 frame trap".

My menat smurf is finally at the rank where I'm fighting grand master Rashid / bison / one the other endless rush down characters that fill 90% of the cast.

Shit is oppressive, unfun, and shines a hard light on what I hate about this shit game. Don't mind my salt.

People have complained about Cammy's +3 OB Standing Strong which is a 6f start up move. You can DP through that frametrap . Meanwhile Rashid's Standing Strong is 5 frames and +3 on block, you can't DP that

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it man. This extra battle has been really hard to do. Tried it 3 times and I lost each time...
I'm going to just admit that I lost once last week on Normal thanks to her not falling for Rashid's Extra Battle gimmick as much, her charged shots ducking HK Eagle Spike more often than not (on top of having no idea how to play him properly). I just said screw it and beat her with Ibuki last week and this week, having played more reactionary much of the time this week by AA'ing her with s.HK CCs into Raida, then ended with an AA VT2 combo once I could (upward toss VT2 --> EX Raida once she fell low enough --> HP charged full kunai unload --> one more EX Raida).

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I lost the first attempt today, but I almost perfected her on the second. Ironically, I lost when I played cautiously but bodied her when I went full offense. Just the good old j.hk>lp.mp.hp>parabellum combo with Kolin. And I finished it in style by v-skill countering her on wake-up.

Oct 27, 2017
I am going to have to give it another go later and hopefully win.

I have been playing cautiously with Chun but it seems I have got to play with some other character and a different strategy.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This was what I did as well before going for the last piece (6 seemed about right, as she fought pretty much the same way once the challenge started).
Yeah I think 4 is normal, so 6 would be hard, which is the difficulty setting of the final challenge.

There isn't really any point to train for online this way, but it is really quite handy for these Extra Battle fights. I once spent a whole night training against Cammy for her Fiona costume and I discovered CPU Cammy actually can't handle long range fireball spam and will often jump in for an easy AA punish. Made the final challenge a breeze.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like "you still keep playing" isn't a good response. People like street fighter, and at its core sfv is street fighter and people wish to play it. And it's a really funky version. Now many would suggest to play other fighting games, as do I. But I don't blame someone if they don't like other games or they feel most at home at street fighter coming back and being disappointed. I like other FG's and my comfort will is tekken, but I get it. Sometimes you wanna play some Street Fighter, and yeah they can play older versions but the only people playing those online are goddamn monsters. So they figure they turn on the new one with a somewhat active playerbase and then they go "oh yeah, this is why I stopped playing this"

stn

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone having general issues with extra battle, I've had a lot of success with Guile. Throw booms from a distance and try to follow them whenever you can, the AI has issues dealing with them when you walk forward. Also use his V-skill and walk behind it, the AI again will stop blocking frequently as you close in. When you're close enough, block yourself just in case.

I rarely lose using this method.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like "you still keep playing" isn't a good response. People like street fighter, and at its core sfv is street fighter and people wish to play it. And it's a really funky version. Now many would suggest to play other fighting games, as do I. But I don't blame someone if they don't like other games or they feel most at home at street fighter coming back and being disappointed. I like other FG's and my comfort will is tekken, but I get it. Sometimes you wanna play some Street Fighter, and yeah they can play older versions but the only people playing those online are goddamn monsters. So they figure they turn on the new one with a somewhat active playerbase and then they go "oh yeah, this is why I stopped playing this"

There's other games to play though, which is the bottom line. We live in a great time.

Do the older street fighters have only monsters playing? So what. That should be a blessing, you getting to play the people that still care. You learn more playing people better than you if you have the right mind set, which is it's your fault you are losing, not the character or the game, and you learn the match ups. Hit box quirks and all of it. I played hours of alpha 3, there is hit box weirdness all over the place. You learn the interactions and go from there. Or you drop it and move on.

There's tekken 7, mk11, GG, sc6, bbtag, smash, dbz, MvCi, sf 30th, doa6.

I was at combo breaker. It was so much fun seeing people playing all types of games. Not everybody likes everything, there is so much to choose from.

I get it, sf is different that the other stuff. Sf is my comfort zone. But I will never play something I don't enjoy. If You hate SFV and it's rules of Engagement, stop playing. It's so simple. People stop playing games they don't like all the time.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
There's other games to play though, which is the bottom line. We live in a great time.
Maybe they wanna play some street fighter

Maybe they only like street fighter

And they aren't playing it all the time, they are coming back to it thinking that maybe all they needed was time away and being reminded they shouldn't have. And thats' a natural reaction to have with a series you enjoy. And to voice complaints is also fine.

Last edited:

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Maybe they wanna play some street fighter

Maybe they only like street fighter

And they aren't playing it all the time, they are coming back to it thinking that maybe all they needed was time away and being reminded they shouldn't have. And thats' a natural reaction to have with a series you enjoy. And to voice complaints is also fine.

There's other street fighters? I booted up Usf4, got matched up. Booted 3S, got matches. Booted ST, got matches.

Nada for alpha 3 and HF though. Maybe they are all on fightcade, hehe.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
There's other street fighters? I booted up Usf4, got matched up. Booted 3S, got matches. Booted ST, got matches.

Nada for alpha 3 and HF though. Maybe they are all on fightcade, hehe.
They probably don't want to fight what are most likely monsters playing these games. Obviously this don't work for valle . But guy who kinda of likes street fighter, but isn't the greatest in the world who would like to play some street fighter, doesn't want to play monsters he wants to play folks relatively around his skill level, which is why he' plays the modern game people are playing.

And then Karin in lag happens, and then he puts the controller down and stops.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough the monthly ranked wins challenges in the CPT DLC pack were what got me playing online the most. It's too bad they cut those out of the latest one. I like the stage, but Capcom's handling of this season is making me want to just wait a year for sales before I buy any DLC. That and a possible costume bonus for a potential super edition like they did for AE.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... after playing all three sessions of the beta and trying every character, Granblue Fantasy Versus is a better Street Fighter game than this, and I actually like SFV.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be hard to get back to any other fighting game after they gave us a taste of GBFV.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing the first teaser for GB and thinking "...I'll play once and probably hate it"

Now I'm sitting here hoping it becomes a mainstay in the FGC for years.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It absolutely needs to make Evo 2020 (I have no reason to believe that BBTAG will be getting a third year, so there should be a slot free).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Granblue has a lot of great ideas that mitigate braindead play unlike SFV.

I can see GB getting really stale with those proximity autocombos, no command normals, barely any combo routes etc. I really only played Katalina but I pretty much only used one normal (5B) in neutral, which felt weird. I know people are going to disagree, but I almost feel like the game is too simple. I'm going to keep a close eye on it though, it's definitely not a bad game.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hm... after playing all three sessions of the beta and trying every character, Granblue Fantasy Versus is a better Street Fighter game than this, and I actually like SFV.

Some of the takes I'm hearing about Granblue remind me of what people said about UNIST. Ooooh it has neutral, oooh it has footsies, oooh it's so much more like Street Fighter than an anime-as-fuck fighter.

If it ever comes to PC I'll give Granblue a try.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
GBVS is quite different from UNIST (far more simplistic meter system, no air dashes, no jump cancelling or air combos).

Status
Not open for further replies.