Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition |OT2| Street Fighter Has Come Home

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That spotlight was over very quickly (between the overall low morale and people knowing that we won't be getting anything at E3 since Capcom are saving whatever they have to show for Evo, it's quite understandable though).

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That spotlight was over very quickly (between the overall low morale and people knowing that we won't be getting anything at E3 since Capcom are saving whatever they have to show for Evo, it's quite understandable though).
Aren't these things supposed to last a week? We didn't even get the weekend lol.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

EX safe on block special into mix up > combo into another mix up
into
a neutral game when the best choice is to >
jump back while you get enough room to throw YOUR ex safe on block horizontal > into mix up on hit or block

INTO > ex reversal because no real defensive options.

Garbage... (special shout out to Urien's busted ass dash showing up FIVE? times in a row lol.)

Also, the "boss" archetype characters of G, Urien, and Bison are irritating as fuck. I hate how all their late game v trigger insanity is brushed off with "but they have bad defense". So does everyone!

Village

Oct 25, 2017

EX safe on block special into mix up > combo into another mix up
into
a neutral game when the best choice is to >
jump back while you get enough room to throw YOUR ex safe on block horizontal > into mix up on hit or block

INTO > ex reversal because no real defensive options.

Garbage... (special shout out to Urien's busted ass dash showing up FIVE? times in a row lol.)

Also, the "boss" archetype characters of G, Urien, and Bison are irritating as fuck. I hate how all their late game v trigger insanity is brushed off with "but they have bad defense". So does everyone!
I dunno, i'm a urien player, but the " He has good options, but you can body him easy " is a pretty good trade off. And Bison and G are way broker Urien is. Bison just all around, and G particularly during V trigger. Yeah he has alright V triggers, but you gotta be normal fucking urien for the rest of the match and depending on how that goes is variable quality. Unlike Bison who with his fucked up normals can bulldoze through shit , and G who can give himself pre-vtrigger after 2 combos

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

I'ma cop. Wish it came with a remix of Ryu's theme tho.
And people said there wouldn't be a SFV reveal at E3. /s

Edit: It's about time for Capcom to take down the Kage Raging Demon logo off their SF twitter account. It's the equivalent of people leaving their Christmas lights up until July, it's embarrassing.

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
With Capcom holding back characters for what's almost assuredly SUPER SFV, I would guess that the final AE character hits at EVO alongside the SSFV reveal, releasing prior to the holiday season. You just can't do a cold drop for a $60 retail title.

Post-E3 this actually makes a lot more sense than it di because holy shit Q1 2020 has big guns all over. RIP Animal Crossing day 1 sales.

FluxWaveZ

Oct 25, 2017
This was a half-joke before. It’s just facts now.
Even talking about going there in person. Right when you enter the venue, it's all video game company booths with their own game demos or merchandise to sell and promote right when you enter. Not much place for casuals, and all of the tournament stations are in back. It's kind of a weird place.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
With Capcom holding back characters for what's almost assuredly SUPER SFV, I would guess that the final AE character hits at EVO alongside the SSFV reveal, releasing prior to the holiday season. You just can't do a cold drop for a $60 retail title.

Post-E3 this actually makes a lot more sense than it di because holy shit Q1 2020 has big guns all over. RIP Animal Crossing day 1 sales.
Has there been any rumors that Super SFV is actually happening? As I really believe its more a case that Capcom will do an extra character or two and call it a day. Super SFV sounds like it'd be a pretty big update, and I just dont see that happening at this point in the games life.

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any rumors that Super SFV is actually happening? As I really believe its more a case that Capcom will do an extra character or two and call it a day. Super SFV sounds like it'd be a pretty big update, and I just dont see that happening at this point in the games life.
A 2nd title update was always happening. It happening in 2019 instead of 2020 is the surprise.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A 2nd title update was always happening. It happening in 2019 instead of 2020 is the surprise.
What do you mean 2nd title update? Did I miss some sort of news that mentioned this happening? As the last thing of note I saw was Kage revealed but no mention of anything else actually happening aside from the vague Ono tweet for August. I just don't wanna get my hopes up and then have them dashed :(

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean 2nd title update? Did I miss some sort of news that mentioned this happening? As the last thing of note I saw was Kage revealed but no mention of anything else actually happening aside from the vague Ono tweet for August. I just don't wanna get my hopes up and then have them dashed :(
2 years after SFV came out, AE came out with S1+S2 for $40. (20 base + 10/10) That 4 years after SFV came out they'd release a $60 retail edition with S1+S2+S3+S4 included is exactly what you'd expect.

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
They are not going to release any version of SFV for $60 ever again. Nobody is buying that, come on.

I'm willing to entertain the idea of a Super SFV (trash name as that would be), but no way they price it for more than $40.
This is telephone game/grapevine stuff, but the reason they're doing this weird thing with S4 is because they think the S1-4 compilation package will sell better if it includes brand new characters. Japan believes a reason AE didn't sell well was because all the new shinies were in the pass.

If you have 4-6 new characters in there, you run into a big "why is this game as much as the DLC individually priced" problem for invested users. Plus you always start at the highest possible point and shave down from there, S1-4 + Base for $60 is completely reasonable.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
...fuck that's true isn't it. No new fighter reveals (not even re-releases), no Cassandra last SCVI DLC character, no previews of the upcoming DBFZ characters, nothing of the new Under Night. I guess everybody's waiting for Evo?
Bamco, namely Project Soul, are even more of a mess than I thought if they're actually waiting until Evo for Cass, seeing as the gaps between characters hasn't gone beyond three months until now and we're already at the third (it was two months between Tira and 2B's additions, three months between 2B and Amy). Taking nearly a year from launch to complete a season pass with only four characters, one of whom was already done and intended for the base game but held back for DLC because the execs wanted more money, is too ridiculous a time table for me to honestly believe. It makes absolutely no sense why it's taking them so long after the last few, unless they gave her yet another gimmick mechanic like they've done with the other DLC characters and went overboard with it to the point that they're having trouble making it actually work.

Missing even a July release would mean having every character this season but one able to be represented at the tournament, all while distracting them from announcing plans for a second season for SCVI on stage. By comparison, I could actually believe Evo for Janemba in DBFZ, with Fury Broly and SSB Gogeta showing up in the fall. It's unlikely that French Bread want focus taken away from UNIST being at Evo by another (likely paid) update for it being announced yet.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
This is telephone game/grapevine stuff, but the reason they're doing this weird thing with S4 is because they think the S1-4 compilation package will sell better if it includes brand new characters. Japan believes a reason AE didn't sell well was because all the new shinies were in the pass.

If you have 4-6 new characters in there, you run into a big "why is this game as much as the DLC individually priced" problem for invested users. Plus you always start at the highest possible point and shave down from there, S1-4 + Base for $60 is completely reasonable.
I can't see it. Ultra SFIV added 5 characters (which is about as much as we can expect to finish Season 4 in SFV). It also added a whole host of balance changes, new modes, and features.

Capcom sold it for $30 at launch standalone. $15 upgrade for existing users.

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see it. Ultra SFIV added 5 characters (which is about as much as we can expect to finish Season 4 in SFV). It also added a whole host of balance changes, new modes, and features.

Capcom sold it for $30 at launch standalone. $15 upgrade for existing users.
Completely different business model.

Iggy

Oct 27, 2017
Bamco, namely Project Soul, are even more of a mess than I thought if they're actually waiting until Evo for Cass, seeing as the gaps between characters hasn't gone beyond three months until now and we're already at the third (it was two months between Tira and 2B's additions, three months between 2B and Amy). Taking nearly a year from launch to complete a season pass with only four characters, one of whom was already done and intended for the base game but held back for DLC because the execs wanted more money, is too ridiculous a time table for me to honestly believe. It makes absolutely no sense why it's taking them so long after the last few, unless they gave her yet another gimmick mechanic like they've done with the other DLC characters and went overboard with it to the point that they're having trouble making it actually work.

Missing even a July release would mean having every character this season but one able to be represented at the tournament, all distracting them from announcing plans for a second season for SCVI on stage. By comparison, I could actually believe Evo for Janemba in DBFZ, with Fury Broly and SSB Gogeta showing up in the fall. It's unlikely that French Bread want focus taken away from UNIST being at Evo by another (likely paid) update for it being announced yet.
Wasn't it the same for Tekken? I had the feeling the first season took a while to be completed, while S2 got released fairly quickly.

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. AE is a compilation of the base game and two season passes with continual updates provided free of charge excluding characters.

Ultra was a import of characters/stages from SFxT, a rebalance and other adjustments that existed primarily because SFxT went belly up. SF4 was a very, very old game at that point. SF4 came to console in January '09. USF4 came in June of 2014. 5.5 years after release.Longer if you use the arcade timings. That level of depreciation on the price of the SFV titles hasn't happened yet.
There simply is no guarantee for this. I can easily say something like..."Capcom is almost assuredly not making any major SFV content to gear up for next gen/SF6" and it doesn't make it a lock.
Reading the tea leaves isn't hard here.