• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe because he's the best character in the game? Daigo is probably seeing how the combination of hitbox making his dashes better in a game with very power dashes, on a character with very rewarding dashes is maybe a little bit too strong.

"How did I just win?" fucking lol. I ask the opposite when I lose against Bison. He does absolutely fuck all for insane reward.

Bison combined with a pad/hit box is just some broken ass hit. Problem X is amazing, no doubt, but there is a reason so many people have a problem against these pad players abusing quick movements like shimmy and dash. Not having the "tell" of slight movement before a dash seems to be really strong at high levels of play. They nuked Nash because his dash naturally had that bullshit "non" start up before the dash came out.

I wonder if they'll address this for SF6.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Daigo is a tier whore (like Mago), he's always moving around for the best/favorable odds. Aint nothing wrong with that. Actually, all the top players use the best characters, that's what I want.

Bison with a pad is broken? Come on, lol.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
WTH is Capcom still offering the vanilla SFV game? I wonder how many people they pissed off who bought the base game expecting the S1 & S2 DLC.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Costume codes:

dPl1GB4.jpg

r93nMws.jpg

shu3eqe.jpg

8rPTEXT.jpg

RpBsBkk.jpg

ZeCzrGU.jpg

XGUnw0Z.jpg

z9zOYne.jpg

Not much new to report in terms of placeholders. There's still one premium costume placeholder left, which is likely the CPT winner's choice. Meanwhile, there are still 3 Extra Battle costume placeholders. Those should be the EB costumes from September through November.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
WTH is Capcom still offering the vanilla SFV game? I wonder how many people they pissed off who bought the base game expecting the S1 & S2 DLC.

Vanilla should be either F2P or permanently $10 bucks. It's lacking 3 seasons and some change worth of characters.

If you pay the 10, you get all the sp stuff outside of training modes. Otherwise the F2P version is a basic version of the game with just the sfv arcade ladders and mp.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished hard mode survival. Don't care that I spent 800 FM on a continue because Rashid's an asshole, still got the trophy and my last Kirin colors.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Vanilla should be either F2P or permanently $10 bucks. It's lacking 3 seasons and some change worth of characters.

If you pay the 10, you get all the sp stuff outside of training modes. Otherwise the F2P version is a basic version of the game with just the sfv arcade ladders and mp.
They're probably gonna move on to SFVI with the next console generation on the horizon, so I'm not sure if going F2P would be worth it at this point.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Probably get a PS5 version of 5 with everything included for a good price, then we'll see the shift to 6.
I'm not sure if everything would be included. But I'd imagine that we'd at least get all of the DLC characters, their Battle Outfits, & the Nostalgia Costumes (maybe the Fighting Chance & Extra Battle costumes if we're lucky).

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if everything will be included. But I'd imagine that we'd at least get all of the DLC characters, their Battle Outfits, & the Nostalgia Costumes (maybe the Fighting Chance & Extra Battle costumes if we're lucky).
Wasn't everything included in 4 for PS4? It could be different given that 5 was set up as much more of a service though. Still, I don't see them trying to do all the individual costume sales and stuff for an early gen port of an old title. Let's hope I'm right, lol.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Where they viewlix panels? I wonder if those are official 8 button layouts or did they drill the holes themselves, hehe.
Sorry for late response but they kinda looked like 8 button layouts.
Just played it today. It is frustrating that the player ID sync instructions are all in Japanese.
I agree. For a person playing it the first time i didn't know what v trigger to use for a character.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
At least Capcom is honest about the fan-service and not wrapping it up in a "you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds" BS.
Also preferable to the developer deluding themselves into thinking that fanservice had been the barrier for their franchise breaking into esports while leaving the mechanics and gameplay flow that actually had hindered those ambitions pretty much the same, leading to upping the violence to add tacky faux Mortal Kombat flair (and unwittingly harming their credibility by exempting certain characters from it), contradicting themselves by keeping it business as usual in pushing the cheesecake angle in their home market as though it would somehow go unnoticed in the West after claiming they were scaling it back, and then having an official stream blow up in their faces and turn into an FGC meme as though it would all work out for them.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also preferable to the developer deluding themselves into thinking that fanservice had been the barrier for their franchise breaking into esports while leaving the mechanics and gameplay flow that actually had hindered those ambitions pretty much the same, leading to upping the violence to add tacky faux Mortal Kombat flair (and unwittingly harming their credibility by exempting certain characters from it), contradicting themselves by keeping it business as usual in pushing the cheesecake angle in their home market as though it would somehow go unnoticed in the West after claiming they were scaling it back, and then having an official stream blow up in their faces and turn into an FGC meme as though it would all work out for them.
I have no idea what you're talking about, care to enlighten me? DOA6? Is there faux Mortal Kombat things in there?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what you're talking about, care to enlighten me? DOA6? Is there faux Mortal Kombat things in there?
It is DoA6, yes. The bloody lens splatter during a Fatal Rush and zoom-ins on face smashes during Break Blows complete with slowdown and blood flying, very much faux MK. In regards to what I meant about unwittingly harming their credibility by exempting certain characters from it, I meant the ones who some already questioned being 18+ being spared from such depictions (the JP collector's edition mousepad trio of Marie Rose, Honoka, and NiCO, with Kula also being an exception likely not helping).

And the "core values" thing was what I was alluding to with that last bit.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone else cares, but Capcom forgot to update Arcade Mode with Dhalsim's classic costume. They always forget.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I can't wait for August!

I really hope that we get at least three characters and a balance patch. That would be enough to satisfy me.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

That's a long sentence.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not expecting much. Perhaps a Mary Miyabi costume to round out the Cyberbots costume pack if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.