• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way is that happening. I think that's all the women left from mainline SF rosters, minus Poison.
There's reasons to suspect those 4 are in. (if we have 13 characters left, it'll be 5 girls and 8 boys)

Makoto- Omega Makoto is straight up an SFV character
Elena- Teased along with Hakan and Dan in G's ending
Rose- G's story basically ends with "SHES COMING"
Decapre- If you're doing a masked female blonde G, it's her

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
There's reasons to suspect those 4 are in. (if we have 13 characters left, it'll be 5 girls and 8 boys)

I WANT you to be right, that's how I know you wrong.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

In terms of likelihood, I'd honestly swap one of them for Crimson Viper.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This artist has been the real MVP of SFV, tbh.

D-Z7iwfXkAM72AC

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expect Honda and his SF2 stage at Evo. A cryptic message for more characters at the Capcom Cup.
I think S4 will have 6 characters in total, but we'll probably have to wait until December to see them because some genius decided to be disruptive by picking shit characters, and then not releasing them until people have lost interest.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My thoughts on EVOxSFV next month :
Minimum Expectation - 1 new character , very small balance patch (like probably not enough to even be a 4.5).
Maximum Expectation - if there are 5 more characters , they all drop at once with a new story mode and some new stages / costumes.
Actual Expectation - 3 new characters all available at once, a permanent free 2 play version released , the return of viable ways to earn fight money , announcement of Super SFV (coming early 2020) which adds some new gameplay mechanics (second vskill?) , a couple more characters and obviously a big balance tweak.

Also, I feel like EVO is as good a time as any to shadow drop that mobile card game Max played a few days ago.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Minimum Expectation: Gouken 😍
Medium Expectation: Gouken, El Fuerte 😍😍
Maximum Expectation: Gouken, El Fuerte, Rufus, Ingrid, Gen 😍😍😍😍😍
Actual Expectation: Dan, Marlowe, Juni, Belger, Rolento, V-Skill 2, CA 2, Tech Romancer 2 announcement 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Really all I want for the rest of SFV's life roster-wise is C. Viper and Decapre. Anyone else would just be icing on the cake.

I guess I want to see how that Gorilla turns out too.
My thoughts on EVOxSFV next month :
Minimum Expectation - 1 new character , very small balance patch (like probably not enough to even be a 4.5).
Maximum Expectation - if there are 5 more characters , they all drop at once with a new story mode and some new stages / costumes.
Actual Expectation - 3 new characters all available at once, a permanent free 2 play version released , the return of viable ways to earn fight money , announcement of Super SFV (coming early 2020) which adds some new gameplay mechanics (second vskill?) , a couple more characters and obviously a big balance tweak.

Also, I feel like EVO is as good a time as any to shadow drop that mobile card game Max played a few days ago.
5 new characters at once, a new story mode and a balance patch is 800 million times more realistic than them adding 2016-2017 FM back lol

Last edited:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
D-ci5QSU0AAevIl.jpg

My wife always buys me random SF stuff. Today this showed up! I love how the mainstream world doesn't know anything other than SF2.

Last edited:

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am also looking forward to months of build-up for nothing nearly worth it.

We're a month out, now.

I am on the edge of my seat. I could see almost anything coming out of this. Maybe they are genuinely giving this game one last, huge push. Maybe we will get more than we could ever hope for. Or maybe it is worse than anyone could imagine. I honestly don't know. One part of me says that they can't be stupid enough to hype something this much if it is a whole lot of nothing, but another part of me knows they are that stupid.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Plot twist:

Capcpom announces a new anime romcom featuring Ryu and Chun-Li with guest appearances by the rest of the street fighter cast throughout the series.

street_fighter_v_hot_package.0.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minimum Expectation: Oni
Maximum Expectation: Oni

Y'all are fucking out of your goddamn minds expecting SSFV and 3+ characters.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you but I'm ready for Decapre, Dark Sakura, Violent Ken, Oni and Evil Ryu.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm think super update, 5 chars, new things blah, blah. I think it wasn't going to be ready for the start of season 4 and to late to introduce it before Evo 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, Sodom gang.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
This artist has been the real MVP of SFV, tbh.

D-Z7iwfXkAM72AC
I love KIKI's style for SFV. I particularly love that he drew everyone ever associated with Street Fighter for the CFN site. It was great seeing everyone with updated, uniform designs.

That said, here comes a new artwork:

The artist is Ryuta Fuse: https://twitter.com/chameleonrock

I would pay money for Tonkatsu Guile and Ramen Li, though I guess you can technically get the latter one in the game already.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love KIKI's style for SFV. I particularly love that he drew everyone ever associated with Street Fighter for the CFN site. It was great seeing everyone with updated, uniform designs.

That said, here comes a new artwork:

The artist is Ryuta Fuse: https://twitter.com/chameleonrock

I would pay money for Tonkatsu Guile and Ramen Li, though I guess you can technically get the latter one in the game already.

Guile's hair is going to give me nightmares.

I'd love SF6 to resemble KIKIs artwork.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
What do people have against Decapre? She's nothing like Cammy and one of the most unique characters in the series. Her omega version is also extremely interesting. LEAVE HER ALONE.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
She was a disappointing reveal after a months-long hype train for the final newcomer to USFIV, whose identity was lied about by the game's producer during that hype cycle (remember "only a handful of people have correctly guessed the newcomer" when the entire Internet was guessing it was Decapre?). No matter how unique and well-implemented she was, the way she was introduced to the world left a bitter taste in most people's mouths.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
She was a disappointing reveal after a months-long hype train for the final newcomer to USFIV, whose identity was lied about by the game's producer during that hype cycle (remember "only a handful of people have correctly guessed the newcomer" when the entire Internet was guessing it was Decapre?). No matter how unique and well-implemented she was, the way she was introduced to the world left a bitter taste in most people's mouths.
The R. Mika fake-out in the reveal trailer didn't help either.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like what we're gonna get is one final release/rebranding that includes every character, a few new ones, and a balance update (with new vskills or w/e) and that will basically be it for SFV when it comes to any major updates.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
This ^
She would have been better received if they just surprised announced her instead of drawing out expectations.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
It's okonomiyaki, isn't it?
Whoops, you're right. Apparently the food is supposed to be associated with each of the six cities on the Rookie's Caravan tour.

I'm think super update, 5 chars, new things blah, blah. I think it wasn't going to be ready for the start of season 4 and to late to introduce it before Evo 🤷‍♂️
When G and Sagat dropped early I thought for sure it would mean we'd get Season 4 early. In the future I hope we find out what the cause of the delay was. Do you think they were just dodging the slew of fighting games that came out since Season 3 ended? When I think about it, it's crazy that SC6, DOA6, MK11, and SamSho 6 came out so soon right after the other. I could see them thinking that the other games would divert the attention of SFV players, but I feel like there could've been better strategies than just giving up on releasing meaningful content until EVO. Double FM weekends would've been great, for example, but instead they have the bright idea to lessen FM rewards. :/

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

That was the hardest part. Everyone knew it was Decapre, then they said that no one was guessing the correct character and it got pretty exciting... then we found out they were full of shit.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading how they were planning on having Decapre replace Cammy in the base roster for SFV, but then they realized that fans would have them stuffed and put on display if they pulled that.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Yeah, the way they handled that character's marketing frankly, sucked complete ass. And its sad because because they clearly put a ton of work into her from her moves to presentation to make her not feel anything like a Cammy clone. She has tons of animations and flourishes unique to her.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Arcade edition deluxe seems to be $34.99 on ps store, i am thinking about getting it just to dive into arcade mode or tower stuff here and there. You think it's worth it? I mean, I kinda want to try all characters, even the DLC ones.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I remember reading how they were planning on having Decapre replace Cammy in the base roster for SFV, but then they realized that fans would have them stuffed and put on display if they pulled that.
Yeah, that's in the book included in the exclusive edition of SFV:AE sold through the e-Capcom store. I tried to find a copy a few months back through someone that buys and sells from Japan but I came up empty. :-(

Edit: This one:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
*dabs*

*prays* come thru x-kira. i need the true queen to return.
Arcade edition deluxe seems to be $34.99 on ps store, i am thinking about getting it just to dive into arcade mode or tower stuff here and there. You think it's worth it? I mean, I kinda want to try all characters, even the DLC ones.
No. The single player modes in this game are awful. I really wouldn't recommend this game unless you want to play with friends or online.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I really want the E Honda stage and an updated theme, give me that I will be happy. (more than I want Eddie as a character)
Any more than 2 Characters and I will be ecstatic.

Most outlandish hope is we get some sort of FM revision, I have hemorrhaged money all year, thankfully I had savings, but I would guess I am in the minority

Status
Not open for further replies.