• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's no fixing Falke. That character is a waste of space. She needs to be re-thought from the ground up.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
There's no fixing Falke. That character is a waste of space. She needs to be re-thought from the ground up.
Eh I don't think that's true. Reboot the character to fit some of the side lore, move her and ed's costumes from being strait up " nazi youth " make her most useful tool not " hold a button"

there you go. Its just as she exists now she's so bland its impressive

Yeah it's this unfortunately. The only way you can 'fix' Falke is to give her a new character story and a re-vamped moveset with better animations and that's never going to happen.
Yeah in street fighter 6

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It's not like Capcom has never handled an energy channeling character that fights with a staff. Changing up Falke's move set and having her develop a personality doesn't sound impossible to me. They gotta get rid of the lame neo shadaloo uniforms too. Hoodie Ed is the best costume and should be his default as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh I don't think that's true. Reboot the character to fit some of the side lore, move her and ed's costumes from being strait up " nazi youth " make her most useful tool not " hold a button"

there you go. Its just as she exists now she's so bland its impressive

Yeah in street fighter 6

lol I wouldn't be surprised if Falke missed SF6. Only way she makes it in is if they go hard on Neo-Shadaloo for the story which is pretty likely. But yeah, if she does make it in it won't be because of how she is in SFV.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
lol I wouldn't be surprised if Falke missed SF6. Only way she makes it in is if they go hard on Neo-Shadaloo for the story which is pretty likely. But yeah, if she does make it in it won't be because of she is in SFV.
" Ed didn't you have some girl with you and a different outfit? "

" Now I have a better outfit and a gorilla "

Everyone nods in approval

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe if it's a racist caricature that happens to also be a gorilla. Like it's a belligerent Scottish gorilla or something.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
All the inhabitants of this thread have lost their minds. Street Fighter has become a source of Lovecraftian horror.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom is committed to making every Neo Shadaloo character artificially bad because they obviously think having a two button DP makes them too easy to play. The Gorilla and the Beard Man are going to be bad too unless they do something different with their inputs.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Beside necalli I honestly expect to see every newcomers back in SF6. Most of them are pretty popular with Laura, Rashid, Kolin, Abigail and Zeku. The one that arent like Falke and Ed are still important to the story since they are whats left of shadowlow. Same thing with Fang. I expect neo shadowlow to be pretty important in SF6.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys noticed Karin has been top 5 in usage for the past 3 months now lol. Damn. She shot way up in April

Also want to mention that Kage clearly wasn't a failure, a waste of a slot, or responsible for "killing" the game like people want to desperately believe. He might suck, but he was a good idea to put in the game considering he's been in the top 10 ever since release. This makes me curious to see what will happen when the next balance patch comes.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Hakan would work in five. A lot of what is fun about him comes from doing uncrouchable oil dive setups and oiled dash normal cancels.

I think they've got rid of uncrouchable setups from SFV altogether and I'm not sure the kind of stuff that you'd get out of an oiled dash is really what they've been looking for in the game.

If you take those two things away you end up with a weird mid-heavy grappler, they kinda have enough of those right?

What I'm trying to say is that Hakan is too good for SFV.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Also want to mention that Kage clearly wasn't a failure, a waste of a slot, or responsible for "killing" the game like people want to desperately believe. He might suck, but he was a good idea to put in the game considering he's been in the top 10 ever since release. This makes me curious to see what will happen when the next balance patch comes.
Everyone's out here trying to be the next Sako

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I randomly watched the SFV reveal and they showed stage transitions in the Hong Kong level. I wonder why they scrapped that for just corner finishes. I've always wanted that feature back from NG.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I randomly watched the SFV reveal and they showed stage transitions in the Hong Kong level. I wonder why they scrapped that for just corner finishes. I've always wanted that feature back from NG.
Budgetary concerns I guess, maybe at the time they had grand plans for every stage to get corner finishes and transitions. For the longest time the China stage was the only one with the corner thing with the noodles, and the only one with a transition. Corner finishes were eventually added to the original lineup of stages. Even today the only other stage with a transition is New York, and none of the DLC stages have any corner finishes.

Even with the Arcade Edition, SFV has never been able to shed its half-assed nature to be honest.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
When does Dhalsim's retro costume fighting chance expire? Need to get it somehow.
It runs until August 14.

And I just realized the character costume bundles don't include Fighting Chance costumes, even though they do include Extra Battles ones. I wonder if they'll ever be made available for purchase?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It runs until August 14.

And I just realized the character costume bundles don't include Fighting Chance costumes, even though they do include Extra Battles ones. I wonder if they'll ever be made available for purchase?
I've been waiting for months/year(s)? for them to do this. It makes perfect sense because I'd totally pay for them, they are great costumes. So quite why Capcom hasn't done it yet is baffling. Its throwing away free money. I'd love tthe Dhalsim or the Mike (Balrog) ones, but I have to save FM in case something big comes up that I need to spent that on.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time I've had too few FP to try to get the skin challenge.

How do you earn FP outside of doing missions in SFV these days?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've had too few FP to try to get the skin challenge.

How do you earn FP outside of doing missions in SFV these days?
Trials, demonstrations, and survival to gain EXP and get FM through level-ups (1000 FM per level gained). Much less viable for players who don't have enough low-level characters for that, though.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Really the sanest option today is to simply wait until Capcom puts those EB skins in a DLC bundle and buy that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
No problem, glad to help. If you haven't gone through character stories with everyone, each one gets EXP for finishing those too.

I still have Sagat, Blanka, and Kage to unlock, but I don't feel like spending my little remaining FM on them (might do so to finish S3 for the first two, but waiting to see if they change their minds about a pass for S4 before bothering with Kage and whoever else they end up announcing next month).

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fellas, I feel like I say this every year but I think it might be time to drop Alex. G's looking kinda tasty right now 👀

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
To this day, I'm shocked season 4 didn't take the nerf bat to his VT1. It was clearly insane from the jump.

I really liked playing G, but for some reason I get missed inputs with him more than with any other character, like going for fireball and getting super. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems way more sensitive to come out compared to other characters. I had to drop G for my sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.