• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
That would be appreciated. I haven't been able to find anything.
Well, maybe my memory is faulty, but I'm preeeetty sure it was a Japanese source from way back then.
I haven't been able to dig it up again though (so far, anyway)... Now that Lucia's in the game, Google is a lot less helpful than before. ^^;

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
"BTW, Poison def needs one IMO. G is a lot harder to put in a shitty spot defensively, but Poison is in the corner or knocked down after one misstep. She also has no decent AA without meter, so at least having multiple options would be nice. "

Poison's lk shocking heel has no head hurtbox and her cr.mp is an incredibly solid AA against 99% of jumping attacks assuming they're not crossing you up and even then, depending on how deep or shallow the cross up is you can do a pretty late cr.mp. Elsewise, j.mp for air-to-air against cross-ups. As a side note, it seems like Poison's own j.hp has one of those really low reaching hitbox angles that can be a problem for normal AAs.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I legit thought that Poison's EX Shocking Heel would be invincible based on how negative it is on block, but noooooope

Guess the juggle point almost makes up for it though? It's still a strong tool since most of Poison's combo theory seems to revolve around getting EX Heel into Perfume Swing and setting up oki from there.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I legit thought that Poison's EX Shocking Heel would be invincible based on how negative it is on block, but noooooope

Guess the juggle point almost makes up for it though? It's still a strong tool since most of Poison's combo theory seems to revolve around getting EX Heel into Perfume Swing and setting up oki from there.
Even if it trades normal and ex heel sets you up to combo after a trade so it doesnt matter.

Oct 25, 2017
First G and now Poison. Why is it that all of the weirder characters I like have no DP?

BTW, Poison def needs one IMO. G is a lot harder to put in a shitty spot defensively, but Poison is in the corner or knocked down after one misstep. She also has no decent AA without meter, so at least having multiple options would be nice.
Yeah she does. Cr.mp and the LK heel kick...whatever it's called.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Man, listening to Max talk about Capcom's (Fighting games) current standing in comparison to other companies, as well as the overall feeling Capcom fans had at Evo is so depressing lol. Like, I agree with everything he's saying and it really does feel like they're behind the eight ball right now.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
Man Honda sucks, I love getting nothing from landing a counter hit cr mp or standing mp if I am not next to the opponent

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
lucebuce

How you like Honda?

Are you even playing? 🤔
He's pretty good tbh. A few small things here and there that I'd like to see buffed (mainly his neutral options) but honestly, he is very fun. Despite being SFV'd, he still FEELS like Honder.
Man Honda sucks, I love getting nothing from landing a counter hit cr mp or standing mp if I am not next to the opponent
well, it's E.Honder. What else did you expect!?

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I was a Honda hater, now i really really like him. This Honda version is pretty much perfect. His st.HP is an amazing button for ground and AA play.
Never cared about Poison, but this fightingtyle is hype to play and hype to watch.

As always Capcom absolutely nails animations, hit reactions, impact feel.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Man, listening to Max talk about Capcom's (Fighting games) current standing in comparison to other companies, as well as the overall feeling Capcom fans had at Evo is so depressing lol. Like, I agree with everything he's saying and it really does feel like they're behind the eight ball right now.

Max has skewed pretty heavily negative on SFV since the beginning. It isn't a game he likes so he sees things with the most negative lens possible. When it comes to SFV, I don't think his take is worth much. He was similarly negative about SFIV.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Max's expectations going into EVO were way too high to the point of being incredibly unrealistic. He was always going to hate whatever Capcom showed. I mean, his example of the 'worst case' scenario was exactly what happened, so he knew to not expect big changes. I watched his EVO predictions and dreams video and almost all of his dreams were half of the EVO line up getting massive gameplay changes to be more like what he wants a fighter to be. People who were expecting SSFV to be announced deserve to be disappointed.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Max was actually expecting SFV to have the weakest reveals of everyone, so I'm not sure inflated expectations were an issue on his end. He seemed pretty happy with the reveals from other games. I don't think expecting more than just a few characters after almost a yr of radio silence is asking for too much.

He isn't a fan of SFV, but he was referring moreso to the overall state of Capcom in comparison to everyone else. I wasn't at Evo, but considering he was around an overwhelming amount of people that would be considered Capcom fans, I'd say he had a pretty good gauge of their reception. A lot of what he said is echoed on social media by people who play SFV and those who don't like the game.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max was actually expecting SFV to have the weakest reveals of everyone, so I'm not sure inflated expectations were an issue on his end. He seemed pretty happy with the reveals from other games. I don't think expecting more than just a few characters after almost a yr of radio silence is asking for too much.

He isn't a fan of SFV, but he was referring moreso to the overall state of Capcom in comparison to everyone else. I wasn't at Evo, but considering he was around an overwhelming amount of people that would be considered Capcom fans, I'd say he had a pretty good gauge of their reception. A lot of what he said is echoed on social media by people who play SFV and those who don't like the game.
They shadow dropped 3 characters. DBZF and SC have notoriously been quiet on the competitive front as well. MK didn't have a reveal.

Not trying to defend Capcom because the radio silence was some bullshit but dude is hypocritical. Of course they're not gonna announce new mechanics in the middle of a season and we're most likely getting addtional character drops in Nov.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
is the E Honda stage not available to purchase yet? Not finding it on the PSN store.
You'll have to buy it from in-game. Go to the store in the main menu, then find the stage.

Generally single stuff like that isn't listed on the DLC section of the game's store page. That's usually reserved for bundles and season passes.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this mentioned on Twitter and thought it was interesting: apparently Lucia's last name Morgan spread on the Internet without a source (it doesn't appear in FF3 or its associated materials), and Capcom adopted it as canon in SFV.

So if we started a SFV lore rumor on this thread, there's a chance Capcom will shrug their shoulders and make it canon?

Really!? Well, I'm from Bronx and I've never heard anyone use the phrase 'wapacate'.

Oh not in the Bronx no, it's an Albany expression.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how Capcom are behind when literally everyone else revealed characters and Seasons with only SC6 also having a reveal within 24 hours of the event? Again, Max and the casuals that echo him had their expectations way too high. I don't care if Max knew we were just getting characters, he obviously had higher expectations that were never going to be met, which I guess means that Capcom is now behind everyone else despite them being ahead if anything, seeing as they're on their fourth season of content.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Max has skewed pretty heavily negative on SFV since the beginning. It isn't a game he likes so he sees things with the most negative lens possible. When it comes to SFV, I don't think his take is worth much. He was similarly negative about SFIV.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Have to say the reaction on here, and on Twitter seem pretty positive over the new characters, it certainly has been buzzing with all the new characters. Sonicfoxx is flirting yet again with the game. Not watched Max, but he really wanted a lot from Capcom in his prediction vid (everyone did) and lets be honest mid CPT season they were not going to really change anything major, at best a minor balance patch.
I bet November we will get some announcement about what is coming like with SFV:AE, perhaps it will be Super Street Fighter V Then everything will be released at Capcom Cup, Winter characters, balance update, and whatever else is available. I hope they can release a single disc with all the characters on

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So playing around with Poison some more... her win quotes are really making me want a new Slam Masters game that takes some SF characters and crosses the two series over. It'll never happen but I can dream.

Also, playing around in arcade mode and I'm trying to work out the logic behind certain characters being included as fighters in the SF1 ladder - Zeku and the Final Fight characters are all here and I'm not quite clear on why. Maybe having Cody and perhaps Abigail and Poison makes sense since FF1 and SF1 take place at a similar time (I think...) but Zeku and Lucia seem to have nothing to do with it at all. Anyone have any idea why?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I completed the respective story modes for the new characters, and man, the artwork for the cutscenes continues to look atrocious. (And I will continue to argue that Abigail is the worst designed character in the series.)

The new characters are fun as heck to play. FF3 is my favourite SNES game, so seeing Lucia joining the mainline series was a treat. Also love what they did with Poison, and I dig her new hair.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
So playing around with Poison some more... her win quotes are really making me want a new Slam Masters game that takes some SF characters and crosses the two series over. It'll never happen but I can dream.

Also, playing around in arcade mode and I'm trying to work out the logic behind certain characters being included as fighters in the SF1 ladder - Zeku and the Final Fight characters are all here and I'm not quite clear on why. Maybe having Cody and perhaps Abigail and Poison makes sense since FF1 and SF1 take place at a similar time (I think...) but Zeku and Lucia seem to have nothing to do with it at all. Anyone have any idea why?

It might just be final fight characters in general. Plus Zeku would be there to fill in for Guy since he isn't on the roster.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
(And I will continue to argue that Abigail is the worst designed character in the series.)
Look what you did, you made Abigail cry!

Abigail-SFV-Cry-Art.jpg

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling it, Lucia is an amazing addition to SFV. What a fun-ass character to play with, even when you don't really know what you're doing.

I completed the respective story modes for the new characters, and man, the artwork for the cutscenes continues to look atrocious. (And I will continue to argue that Abigail is the worst designed character in the series.)

Abby is great, man.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Arcade mode uses some characters as 'replacements' of sorts for characters that aren't in the game. An example is Laura replacing Sean in the SF3 arcade ladder. Zeku probably represents Guy in this instance. Lucia though is weird, maybe they just added her in 'cause Final Fight?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It might just be final fight characters in general. Plus Zeku would be there to fill in for Guy since he isn't on the roster.
Yeah, that's what I thought re: Final Fight characters. As for Zeku, either that or he just fill in the general "old man" slot now that the "is he dead yet" Gen is not in the game (seriously, did he ever actually die in SFIV or is he practically immortal?)

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't even know how Capcom are behind when literally everyone else revealed characters and Seasons with only SC6 also having a reveal within 24 hours of the event? Again, Max and the casuals that echo him had their expectations way too high. I don't care if Max knew we were just getting characters, he obviously had higher expectations that were never going to be met, which I guess means that Capcom is now behind everyone else despite them being ahead if anything, seeing as they're on their fourth season of content.

To be frank, he should know well enough by now not to expect major system changes to drop in the middle of a competitive season. Even if they were announced then, you just wouldn't see them drop until S5 in late Dec early Jan.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

I was thinking the same thing the other day. With FGC tournaments hosting wrestling events and the positive response to Fire Pro Wrestling, I'm surprised Capcom hasn't explored a wrestling-based fighting game. It seems like an under-developed niche that would be a perfect fit for eSports.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be frank, he should know well enough by now not to expect major system changes to drop in the middle of a competitive season. Even if they were announced then, you just wouldn't see them drop until S5 in late Dec early Jan.

Yeah exactly. Even if Max knows that major system changes weren't going to drop at EVO (which I believe he does), he should have known that all of his fans weren't going to accept anything less. I'm not saying Max should stop talking about what he wants, but he needs to be careful about what he says because it's obvious at this point that his viewers are going to leap on it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't know about that. The man is obviously unhappy with how SFV turned out and of course he has every right to be. But that also influences what he hears about the game. For example, if he talks with 100 people at EVO and 25 are straight up happy with SFV, 25 are unhappy and 50 are positive but critical, then the result to someone like him would be: "People weren't happy with SFV at EVO." You get what I'm saying? Technically he isn't wrong, but he also twists the information in such a way that it lines up with his own opinion. And I don't mean that as a jab at Max, or to call him a lier—as someone who's generally happy with SFV I would do exactly the same except I would give a positive spin to it. It is just something to keep in mind when you hear people make these kind of statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.