• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tournament probably dropping in November alongside the last two characters since it won't really sell any copies on its own. The timing on the character releases seems to have been pushed back as a marketing mechanism for SSFV, to start the marketing 6 months prior like w/ other titles announcing in that timeframe lately.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I hope they finally fix the typo on Akuma's win screen when he beats Laura:

"Your naivety is simple laughable!"

It's bad enough I gotta lose to Akumas all day. I shouldn't have to read that shit.

I believe there's a CPT rule that non-licensed Japanese players can only win like $1,000 at Pro Tour events...so he'd probably get robbed there too.

What, that's wack. Assumed since it was outside Japan, wack ass JESU rules don't apply.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
What, that's wack. Assumed since it was outside Japan, wack ass JESU rules don't apply.

The cold thing is, it's not even official government regulation. It's like a "trade union." But Japanese devs are cooperating, that's why Capcom is enforcing JESU rules globally for CPT events.

(100,000 JPY is 925 USD)

There's no law making them do that, but consolidating esports under one umbrella makes things like that Olympics event happen without any red tape. So Capcom plays along. So does Bamco, Sega, ASW, all them.

It really reeks of old school mafia labor union corruption.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I imagine working at Capcom in the early days involved watching a lot of anime and wrestling.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Blatantly false.

Ryu is Masutatsu Oyama (and also one fictionalised Yoshiji Soeno or something? that one was always a bit more flimsy) and also basically a carbon copy of the P1 of Technos' Karate Champ (With ken being P2.)

I'm unconvinced. No Philly Shell. No ripped gi. I DON'T BUY IT.

I doubt there'll be a season 5.

This ain't gaming side. Your troll game don't have enough layers for the OT.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So Asura Kage DOES have the multi arm look as the costume code. First costume I'm getting since Fiona Cammy.

Also I trashed it beforehand but the Poison Halloween costume is A1, even if it is a little too reminiscent of Juri's school uniform.

Last edited:

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tournament probably dropping in November alongside the last two characters since it won't really sell any copies on its own. The timing on the character releases seems to have been pushed back as a marketing mechanism for SSFV, to start the marketing 6 months prior like w/ other titles announcing in that timeframe lately.

Wait. Are we getting a new edition?

2016 - SFV
2018 - SFV Arcade Edition
2020 - SFV Tournament Edition / SuperSFV

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
i dig this poison cosplay.

But yea, it's hard to deny the roots. The logo slays it. Kudos for having good taste, akiman is a champ.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ha, now that you suggested 'Tournament Edition' I started thinking about that name. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that over something like 'Super'.

Hoping to couple that with Madcatz releasing a TE3 stick!!! Would be cool. I like the sound of: Street Fighte V : Tournament Edition

Especially since they're adding a tournament mode.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there'll be a season 5.
Big words for someone whose namesake game didn't even get a season 2 :^)
So Asura Kage DOES have the multi arm look as the costume code. First costume I'm getting since Fiona Cammy.

Also I trashed it beforehand but the Poison Halloween costume is A1, even if it is a little too reminiscent of Juri's school uniform.
Do we have colours/costume code for Poison's Halloween getup yet? I like the outfit but the ghoulish complexion doesn't really suit Poison imo. Hoping that it changes with the colour like Juri's Halloween costume did.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kira's got his usual costume/stage datamining up. Only non-Holiday costumes he is seeing is for 3 new Red Bull costumes. (this list never includes future characters btw.)

QA_Kiwi_List_2.13_08-16_2019.png

so can you actually play with tournament mode right now?
Invite only it seems, doing a closed beta.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The waterfall stage from Alpha 2 would be gorgeous remade in this game.

The next extra battle needs to be Franziska Poison.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I finally updated my PS4 and clicked on that tourney mode icon to see if lead any where. This is what I saw.

So the tournament mode beta might be happening later tonight?

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
If this game actually gets a title update, I hope they refine the system as a whole. New characters are cool, but seeing some changes to gameplay would get me more excited. I'm not really expecting that much more (in the way of characters and mechanics) to be added to the game.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Poison's Extra Battle costume is probably Franziska von Karma or Ruby Heart. I'm not sure who makes sense for Blanka. Maybe Rikuo?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
If this game actually gets a title update, I hope they refine the system as a whole. New characters are cool, but seeing some changes to gameplay would get me more excited. I'm not really expecting that much more (in the way of characters and mechanics) to be added to the game.

Give me a push back mechanic. I want to bait a Karen v skill or LP mixer, push block that shit, and have some sort of advantage. Maybe even a punish if they spaced it wrong.

Seriously, make throwing out -2 shit in neutral have some sort of weakness. Since stealing back a turn is so strong/easy, -2 should put you in a worse position in SFV.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
If Poison's really getting both a Holiday AND Extra Battle costume this year, it's gonna be so so hard to pick a "main" alt for her, ahaha. I already have a hard enough time choosing between Battle Outfit Colour 11, Story Colour 14, and Nostalgia Colour 5; don't give me more to pick from!

Also, apropos of nothing: I wonder if every character's premium costume being called Battle Outfit [1] is an indicator that they initially intended to have costume parity across the entire cast, but eventually scrapped it for the lady-centric model that seems to sell more DLC. Would be awesome if just before the game died, they did one last hurrah that gave every character in the game a unique Battle Outfit 2.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Give me a push back mechanic. I want to bait a Karen v skill or LP mixer, push block that shit, and have some sort of advantage. Maybe even a punish if they spaced it wrong.

Seriously, make throwing out -2 shit in neutral have some sort of weakness. Since stealing back a turn is so strong/easy, -2 should put you in a worse position in SFV.

I'd be down for something like that.

But if I'm being honest, I don't see any drastic additions being made to this game. Shouldn't they be close to wrapping this game up?

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bro. Your name just reminded me how much i miss Doctrine Dark. His super was so cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.