• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Getting Sean would be cool

But getting Sean and simultaneously deleting all the other shotos on the roster with his inclusion would be even better

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Rose makes it this season right? We've already got the two token female reps this season in Poison and Lucia and I doubt Capcom would break that trend now.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually love to have Twelve back, or at least to have his moveset stapled onto a more-interesting character G-style. He was a ton of fun to play despite his deficiencies and non-existent personality, and I feel like his unique normals would benefit a lot from SFV's unique system mechanics like the way priority and crush counters work.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Just because Capcom has been sexist up until now doesn't mean they can't change.
Honestly part of me is terrified at the prospect that Capcom doesn't count Poison as one of the season's two woman reps and tosses in Rose as the capper. Would be in-line with the other tasteless "jokes" they continue to make at her expense :|

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just because Capcom has been sexist up until now doesn't mean they can't change.

giphy.gif

Honestly part of me is terrified at the prospect that Capcom doesn't count Poison as one of the season's two woman reps and tosses in Rose as the capper. Would be in-line with the other tasteless "jokes" they continue to make at her expense :|

I won't lie, this thought actually crossed my mind. Capcom can be pretty tasteless at times but I don't think they'd stoop to that level (at least I hope not)

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's honestly why I really hope they don't add Rose (or Elena, Makoto, Viper) before the end of the year.
I'm 99%, no, 100% convinced that even if they do add Rose, it would not be by malice "Poison is not really a woman" and more due to which characters they have decided to add and when they need to add them in their planning, but... I'd like to believe them 101%.
Also, no need to give bad material to bad people.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, ignoring any leaks and stuff, you can make a very good guess at who the pool of remaining SFV characters will be drawing from.

Neo-Shadoloo: Gorilla, Beard Guy who no one cares about cause not gorilla
Actively teased via story mode: Rose, Hugo
Story mode appearances: Oro, Viper
Girls: Makoto, Viper, Decapre
Last missing SFA3 character: Sodom
SF3 peeps: Sean, Necro, Yun/Yang

Gets you to 13 easily.

If there are ~two "seasons" worth of characters left post-S4, adding Lucia would mean they'd need to have a season with 3 women in it if they're adding in all the remaining non-Juli/Juni girls eventually.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind Yun and Yang as long as they only take one spot, but at the same time I'd rather that didn't happen because I just know they'll bury Yang in favour of Yun, so in that case I'd rather not have them. I still expect them to miss this game entirely though.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Yun and Yang back if they're really just V-Trigger assists for their uncle Lee.

Otherwise, get rekt twins.

I would love it if the rest of the SF1 crew make it as playable characters. They're essentially blank slates anyways, so why not?

That or just make a SF game with every character from SF1-SFV. I dunno.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love it if the rest of the SF1 crew make it as playable characters. They're essentially blank slates anyways, so why not?

That or just make a SF game with every character from SF1-SFV. I dunno.
Retsu's the last one who isn't already playable post-SF1 or doesn't already have a stand-in. (Mike=Balrog, Joe= Cody, Geki=Vega) So if they do one, it's probably gonna be him.

I actually forgot Dan/Hakan earlier, which is a pool of 15, and you could probably toss Retsu In to make it a pool of 16 since he was trolled in the Decapre trailer.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Retsu's the last one who isn't already playable post-SF1 or doesn't already have a stand-in. (Mike=Balrog, Joe= Cody, Geki=Vega) So if they do one, it's probably gonna be him.

I actually forgot Dan/Hakan earlier, which is a pool of 15, and you could probably toss Retsu In to make it a pool of 16 since he was trolled in the Decapre trailer.

I remember when people were mad about Decapre getting revealed and not Retsu. It was kinda amusing.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the Asia finals, I always laugh remembering people saying DPs were dead because they were so punishable on block now. Tokido VS Fujimura was some dirty yolo brawl ah ah ah.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I know this sounds mean but...

every Mortal Kombat player is basically a really stupid Bison player. Special moves over and over. The quality between the average player of each game is astounding.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I know its most likely Oro or <shudder> Sean as the next fighter reveal, but I'd love it if Capcom instead realised they have another Street Fighter adjacent property in Slam Masters to grab a few characters from. I've been playing both Slam Masters games a bit recently and I'm loving them. I'd love Black Widow to show up in SFV... and if they actually do this, just watch them still ignore including Hagger in a SF game!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know its most likely Oro or <shudder> Sean as the next fighter reveal, but I'd love it if Capcom instead realised they have another Street Fighter adjacent property in Slam Masters to grab a few characters from. I've been playing both Slam Masters games a bit recently and I'm loving them. I'd love Black Widow to show up in SFV... and if they actually do this, just watch them still ignore including Hagger in a SF game!
I still don't get why Haggar is ignored this much. He already has a moveset from MvC so I am not sure why they keep doing this.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Honestly after getting Abigail, Zeku and Lucia I think we can pretty much expect anything. Seeing as how he is the most unique character in slam master I would love to see Wraith.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I want Black Widow from Slam Masters bc it's about time we got a woman with Zangief-tier muscle mass tbqh

026.png

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why Haggar is ignored this much. He already has a moveset from MvC so I am not sure why they keep doing this.
For the same reason Gief was shit in XvSF/MvC. Having a good moveset in one game doesn't translate in having a good moveset in a vastly different one.
I'm fine with Haggar being in flashy versus games, especially since he's so much better than Zangief and Alex were in his place. He can stay there, while the others occupy his place in SF.
It's just that... we need Capcom to do more VS games to have him come back. Pretty please.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I want Black Widow from Slam Masters bc it's about time we got a woman with Zangief-tier muscle mass tbqh

026.png
Yup, I really like her character design (and animation when your playing as her, the stance, crawling animations etc. rock). Moves list kinda sucks as she feels too much like a Ryu clone, so I'd welcome her in SFV just so that she could get a newer fleshed out moves list. I really like Gunloc as well, not sure why as he's basically your bland default character in the SM series, but I really like the way he plays/combos...

And yeah, to the points above about Hagger - he's great in MvC3 and if Capcom were still making more MvC games, I'd be happy without his inclusion, but for the novelty of it, I'd love him to appear in just one SF game for the heck of it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the same reason Gief was shit in XvSF/MvC. Having a good moveset in one game doesn't translate in having a good moveset in a vastly different one.
I'm fine with Haggar being in flashy versus games, especially since he's so much better than Zangief and Alex were in his place. He can stay there, while the others occupy his place in SF.
It's just that... we need Capcom to do more VS games to have him come back. Pretty please.
Oh, of course.

Obviously they would need to change him up a bit for SF but I feel he can fit in fine if they want to do it.

It's just really bizzare how almost everyone from the first FF is playable in the series while he is missing for some reason. I never expected Lucia to come before him but yet here we are. (Not that I don't like her, she is amazing in SF5 and I am glad they put her in).

Edit: Speaking of characters, how would you all feel about Twelve returning? He is a really bizzare character that looks as if he escaped from BlazBlue (I know he was in SF before BB was a thing) into SF. I really like him personally, he feels very different from most SF characters and I like that a lot. Not to mention his Shang Tsung style moves where he shapeshifts are really cool especially due to the weird sounding voices he makes when he shapeshifts.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone read anything about Ono comments given at Brasil Games Show regarding the life of SFV? I've seen X-Kira and Yurinka (who l just noticed was banned months ago) talk on Twiiter about Ono saying SFV would last longer than 2021.
Kira helpfully gave a rough translation. When asked about SF6, Ono said he can't talk about it, it's a ways off, and mentioned that SF4 had a 8 year lifecycle. Immediate implication is that Season 6 is almost certainly a thing, so we're going to be at near-MvC2 levels character wise by the end of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.