• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Not much interesting hidden in the 4.090 update. There is a placeholder for a new stage: ID_CMN_Stag_E_S19

Other than that, there's still placeholders for one more Extra Battle costume, as well as 3 premium costumes. I guess that's the remaining content for the November patch. It was a really light year in terms of content. Last year saw a high with 62 premium + extra battle + fighting chance costumes. This year it looks like it'll be down to 33 when all is said and done. However, there were more stages released this year (6) compared to last year (4), though many of the ones released this year were alts.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the Red Bull ones are already in, that should be the Holiday costumes and stage.

They've totally deliberately backloaded content in order to get people coming back to the game closer to SSFV's release via bursts of new content.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I believe placeholders for a Blanka crossover costume and holiday costumes for G, Poison, and Lucia have been reliably datamined.

I wonder who Blanka's going to cosplay as. Maybe Rikuo?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I believe placeholders for a Blanka crossover costume and holiday costumes for G, Poison, and Lucia have been reliably datamined.

I wonder who Blanka's going to cosplay as. Maybe Rikuo?
Talbain would work but you'd think they'd have done that in October if they were gonna do it.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

So a tournament titled "Test Tournament Edition Version", eh? I guess that might be the name of the new update after all?

Assuming that this is something that was on the server for real (and not an edit by Kira).

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to the Holiday stage just for the potential of another banger theme. No way it matches the previous stage theme (best in the game imo) but I'm hoping it'll come close.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see what they do with Decapre visually. She's definitely not going to be wearing the usual outfit; that'd be a huge regression after story mode.

Maybe she'll join Delta Red?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Oro/Decapre are November and not December I'd wager Decapre has an Xmas costume- the braids seem perfect for one.
I'm really curious to see what they do with Decapre visually. She's definitely not going to be wearing the usual outfit; that'd be a huge regression after story mode.

Maybe she'll join Delta Red?
What about "D".

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Just noticed but on the screen xkira tweeted it says december 16. Thats the monday right after capcom cup. I wonder if this means we are getting the new update from the get go?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decapre getting a complete redesign that removes her from Cammy and Dolls as much as possible would make her inclusion ok with me.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed but on the screen xkira tweeted it says december 16. Thats the monday right after capcom cup. I wonder if this means we are getting the new update from the get go?
I doubt we're getting the whole thing, but getting the UI refresh always seemed likely at a minimum if there's (as seems likely given Ono's comments) at least one S5 character releasing in December. The current screen can't take 3 more without a radical redesign.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Not to be confused with the TMNT fighting game

2364663-snes_tmnttournamentfighters.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The person who leaked everyone who came out in august

and Capcom adding Decapre's trials/story mode folders back to the game this year after previously deleting them.

Damn I had no idea about that last part. Tbh, given the fact that Decapre was almost in the base roster it feels like they've been waiting a long time to add her.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Decapre being added would mean they'll stray from the ~33% female rule they've been adhering to since SFV launched. I'd love to see them go even further and make the next season 4/6 women. That would actually be enough to include the four remaining women: C. Viper, Elena, Makoto and Rose. They're so close to having every main playable female character in SF history that I'll be disappointed if one gets left out.

Volta Studios just uploaded some early character renders and confirmed that they worked on Cammy and Zangief. I kinda like Cammy's face better here, though thank goodness they fixed Zangief's bug eyes.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decapre being added would mean they'll stray from the ~33% female rule they've been adhering to since SFV launched. I'd love to see them go even further and make the next season 4/6 women. That would actually be enough to include the four remaining women: C. Viper, Elena, Makoto and Rose. They're so close to having every main playable female character in SF history that I'll be disappointed if one gets left out.

Volta Studios just uploaded some early character renders and confirmed that they worked on Cammy and Zangief. I kinda like Cammy's face better here, though thank goodness they fixed Zangief's bug eyes.
It seems likely that S5 and S6 are both happening given Ono's comments, so they don't really need to go 4/6 to make that happen. (Makoto's totally being saved to sell S6 lol)

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind new characters in future seasons but I don't want another S2 style pass ever again lol. I realise I'm probably in the minority in that though.

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda think they don't have much room beyond monkey/beard guy given 4 girls + 2 newbies, you just need the extra slots for requested male returnees.
Trust me, if we never got another SF vet in SFV, people would still say this game has an amazing roster. Nobody's killing themselves over Sean, Oro, Viper, or Decaf missing this installment.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

If Decapre represents them adding all the women of Street Fighter to the game, then cool. That makes her inclusion palatable.

If she's in, Capcom gotta give me Elena to make up for this shit.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean, Elena, Makoto, Rose and Viper would include all the playable SF female characters?
Don't forget Maki and Ingrid!
.... Don't forget them!

Status
Not open for further replies.