• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my matches were usually good on PC as well but I dont really play online anymore these days.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Pc Vs Pc is much more stable than Pc vs Ps4 again it's because of the more stable frame rate but also depends who you face.

The one Ibuki player I always face on PC has a solid connection 100% of the time. But one day he started to feel salty( As he never won a match against me) and starts to AFK and starts lagging to take advantage.

It's the same problem with SFxT's netcode. On Ps3 I would say the matches feel solid but people who play on PC experience the one sided rollback.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited but the last time I let myself get hyped for an SFV announcement we got Kage and 8 months of nothing.

giphy.gif

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Oro and Rose are the best case scenario of the rumors that have been going around for me personally. I'll take Oro and Decapre and be okay with it. Gill and Seth and I throw my PS4 out the window!

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
So you guys know how I've been complaining about how bad PC is for me recently? In the past this antivirus I have installed called Avast prevented me from even launching SFV but I made sure it would stop blocking it. When my games were laggy I thought it played a role and disabled it when playing. But even though I thought things ran a little better, it was still very laggy.

So I took someones suggestion to uninstall it and just use Windows Defender instead. Just now I played for an hour and half and it went pretty well lol. Most matches felt good with a few being laggy but playable. I can't believe how much Avast was affecting online for me. The dream of playing SFV in 4k when I get a new video card next year is still alive.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On Windows10, the only things you really need are Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (and a few browser extensions). Most antiviruses are bloatwares that don't even protect your PC correctly.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited but the last time I let myself get hyped for an SFV announcement we got Kage and 8 months of nothing.

Yeah this is pretty much me. I want to be hyped for it but the unknown of who it could be combined with being burned by the Kage reveal last year makes it almost impossible for me to be fully excited for any reveals. I probably won't even watch it live tbh, seeing as I stayed up super late for Kage's reveal and I never want to be that annoyed while late at night again lol.

I think another reason I'm not really excited is because I know we've got another long period of nothing coming up soon and after the last one it really just kills any and all future SFV hype for me, so it's hard for me to really be excited knowing we're probably getting two more characters then nothing till EVO.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
On Windows10, the only things you really need are Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (and a few browser extensions). Most antiviruses are bloatwares that don't even protect your PC correctly.

I mean Windows Defender has a 100% block rate, but has the highest False Positive detection rate.

I always used Webroot because it's cheap and very light weight. But it had it's own problems with False Positives where I couldn't launch ESO and had to manually find the files to allow access

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It is what it is at this point. I don't expect much aside from more characters at this stage in the games life. I'm looking forward to getting the new characters but can't say I play it loads at this point in its lifespan.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
All I want for balance changes is to give Abigail's command throw some of its range back. I don't mind if it doesn't have the same oki properties it used to, I just want to be able to land EX command throw without being within point blank range.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
All I want for balance changes is to give Abigail's command throw some of its range back. I don't mind if it doesn't have the same oki properties it used to, I just want to be able to land EX command throw without being within point blank range.
I'd kill for this, honestly. It's so dumb that he has pretty much no good mixup options after a HP Giant Flip since the opponent is out of grab range entirely, meaning they can just hold back and escape any of his pressure options. Before you could either grab or go for a crLP/LK to beat a jump or backdash attempt, so I'd really like some of that reward back.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
All I want are real nerfs. None of this "light nerfs to the top tiers" I hear scrubs online say to not sound like scrubs. Fuck that "nerf patch...ADAPT!" shit. Context matters, and in the context of current SFV, the top tier are outright over tuned.

What use is there adding new characters when they all get beat by the same handful of characters over and over? Like how the fuck does Karin still do THAT much damage?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What use is there adding new characters when they all get beat by the same handful of characters over and over?
That's the thing. New characters are neat, but they aren't going to change this meta. We already know before they come out that they won't be nearly as relevant as the top 5. It'll still be dominated by the same handful of characters we see at every top 8. SFV's top 8 variety has always been pretty good compared to some other games, but this meta is stagnant, and a couple of new characters aren't going to change that.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All I want are real nerfs. None of this "light nerfs to the top tiers" I hear scrubs online say to not sound like scrubs. Fuck that "nerf patch...ADAPT!" shit. Context matters, and in the context of current SFV, the top tier are outright over tuned.

What use is there adding new characters when they all get beat by the same handful of characters over and over? Like how the fuck does Karin still do THAT much damage?
I'm not interesting in nerfs tbh. I'd rather have bottom tier buffed.

Especially Ed. pls.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not interesting in nerfs tbh. I'd rather have bottom tier buffed.

Especially Ed. pls.

This is how I feel, too. With the exceptions of Akuma and Rashid. Nerf Akuma because I face so many of them online and hate it and nerf Rashid because I am sick of seeing him in tournaments.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Whoever the new characters will be, they'd have to be purposely overpowered in order to make a dent in the meta. G and maybe Poison aside, no character from S3 or S4 sees regular tournament usage, much less making it into a top 8, simply because there's nothing about them that makes players want to switch from the top tier characters they've been fighting with for years. Why the hell would anyone looking for a new character choose Blanka or Lucia when they could also choose Rashid, Akuma, Karin, Birdie, Bipson... characters that have shown they're able to win tournaments.

Here's a list of all characters since Season 2 (excluding the most recent arrivals) and how popular they are in tournaments. Green is best, orange is middle, red is worst.

Akuma
Kolin
Ed
Abigail (Season 3 / Season 4)
Menat (Season 3 / Season 4)
Zeku
Sakura
Blanka
Falke
Cody

Sagat
G
Kage

What do all green characters have in common? Exactly, they are top tier or at least close to it. It's telling how Abigail and Menat were quite popular when they were top tier and have been all but abandoned after they were nerfed back to mid tier. The only reason I made them orange in S4 is because Itazan and Sako still use them and make top 8, even if Itazan has gone back to Zangief as his main. And Sagat is only orange because Bonchan uses him occasionally.

Maybe that is why I don't feel any hype for the upcoming character reveals. For me SFV is as much about playing the game myself as watching the professionals play, and I already know the new characters won't see any tournament play whatsoever because if they aren't top tier, they might as well not exist.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you guys sound lame. Gill and Seth* are actually going to shake up the meta. Poongko is going to win LCQ and Capcom Cup.

*This message sponsored by X-Kira Datamining

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I actually read the rest of that twitter thread and now I lowkey believe it. I fucking swear if Kira is right for once he'll never live it down. If he gets it wrong, I think he's gone for good.

I just don't get how tf Gill is supposed to be in this game from a visual standpoint without retconning 3.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My bet is Gill is not one of the characters.
Maybe that is why I don't feel any hype for the upcoming character reveals. For me SFV is as much about playing the game myself as watching the professionals play, and I already know the new characters won't see any tournament play whatsoever because if they aren't top tier, they might as well not exist.
Accurate color coding, and it's why I fully agree. New characters are fun for the first 2 weeks or so, but then things seemingly revert to the same old. And that's unfortunate. There needs to be some kind of shakeup.

With MK11, NRS is actually doing a good job of making the DLC characters viable at a tournament level along with the rest of the cast (perhaps making them a bit too strong at first, and then adjusting them down afterwards).

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
I actually read the rest of that twitter thread and now I lowkey believe it. I fucking swear if Kira is right for once he'll never live it down. If he gets it wrong, I think he's gone for good.

I just don't get how tf Gill is supposed to be in this game from a visual standpoint without retconning 3.

S4 is on a budget so doing three characters that reuse assets (Kage, Gill, Seth) make sense to me.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've ruled out any characters already being worn by other ones as costumes (i.e., Gill, Ingrid, Haggar).

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What? Nothing would need to be retconned if Gill got in. He appears at the end of this game's story mode and looks identical to how he looks in SF3. I really fail to understand how he wouldn't make sense.

If anything Seth is the one that makes no sense. Literally all of his copies were destroyed by the end SSF4 so there's absolutely no reason why he should be back in terms of story.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anything Seth is the one that makes no sense. Literally all of his copies were destroyed by the end SSF4 so there's absolutely no reason why he should be back in terms of story.
"We destroyed all the copies.... except this one that was really well hidden! Tehehe".
Or Seth's spirit takes control of Abel for some reason.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, did they explain was Gouken was alive in SF4? He got killed by Sagat but actually it was a misunderstanding and he survived, and then he got killed by Gouki but not really?
I swear the explanation was "I was living behind a waterfall" but I might have dreamed that. Whatever it is though, Im very sure the explanation is stupid.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, did they explain was Gouken was alive in SF4? He got killed by Sagat but actually it was a misunderstanding and he survived, and then he got killed by Gouki but not really?

I might be mistaking this with the UDON comics but I believe Gouken used Denjin or some shit to have his soul leave his body when Akuma did the raging demon which saved him from perma death. He comes back in SF4 because he managed to get his soul back into his body (in the comics Retsu from SF1 helped him do it).

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might be mistaking this with the UDON comics but I believe Gouken used Denjin or some shit to have his soul leave his body when Akuma did the raging demon which saved him from perma death. He comes back in SF4 because he managed to get his soul back into his body (in the comics Retsu from SF1 helped him do it).
I regret asking the question. I have learned my lesson and will refrain from asking anything ever again.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I know the encyclopedia says Gouken used the Munoken (Power of Nothingless) to survive Akuma's Raging Demon. We see how the more developed version of it can nullify the Raging Demon completely in SF4.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will bet several bison bucks that Seth and Gil will not be in this

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Urien already has a Gil costume for the three Gil fanboys who want him in this.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with Gill but man there's a lot of characters I want over him. It's best to save him for SF6 anyway.

Seth can fuck off though

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've gone back and forth on this. Honestly, what makes most sense to me is to look at Capcom's release pattern and any other circumstances around Street Fighter. My current thoughts are that we're probably going to get two male fighters and one of them could be another Final Fight character.

The reason for those guesses are that (a) Capcom has stuck to release only 2 female fighters each season and (b) SFV's director loves Final Fight, there's been a huge focus on FF character profiles on the Shadaloo CRI site, and its FF's 30th anniversary this year. We got Lucia already but it wouldn't surprise me if they added one more FF character. Maybe Hugo or a completely different character that's never been payable before.

Status
Not open for further replies.