• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I adore the pattern of giving Poison different hair in every single costume she gets, and HELL YES we're getting another holiday stage with a jazzy theme accompanying it! Definitely picking this pack up.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Gill and Seth to not be announced so Kira can bugger off forever

I feel like I said this exact same thing back when he swore up and down that Rose would be announced at Capcom Cup 2018 yet here we still are

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for Gill and Seth to not be announced so Kira can bugger off forever

I feel like I said this exact same thing back when he swore up and down that Rose would be announced at Capcom Cup 2018 yet here we still are
Didn't he predict half a dozen characters or more, so if even one of the characters is on of his old lists he can say "Yeah, I called that, you're all haters"?
If Lucia and Kage didn't shut him down nothing will.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Kage's existence should've killed Kira's credibility long ago. What's next? Vergeben pretending to know which characters are in once again?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
*finds reference to new stage variant*
*finds completely unrelated graphic of Yuriko dressed as a Resident Evil character*

"There's going to be a Resident Evil Christmas stage."

Yep, pretty much that.

It's based off Abigail's stage. And Abigail is pretty spooky, like Nemesis or something. Easy mistake to make.
So it's almost exactly as he had said if you really think about it.
Oh man, I could see him bending over backwards with some nonsensical tweet.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Christmas rabbit Lucia. Sure, I'll pay for that.

Poison is just OK, a bit too close to her regular (lack of) getup imo. And while it's nice to see G in a new costume, his Santa version plays it a bit too safe.

I'll admit Santa beating up Rudolf is hilarious, though.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he never said that. I saw that tweet, and he didn't say the Resident Evil thing was a stage.
Oh. I remember Kirblar saying that Kira leaked an RE holiday stage and arguing a bit with him about how an RE holiday stage didn't make any sense. Kira did try linking Union Graveyard to an earlier claim about a Darkstalkers stage, though.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
Oh. I remember Kirblar saying that Kira leaked an RE holiday stage and arguing a bit with him about how an RE holiday stage didn't make any sense. Kira did try linking Union Graveyard to an earlier claim about a Darkstalkers stage, though.
He did try to link the Halloween stage with Darkstalkers, which is stupid, but I went back to check the tweets and Kira never said the RE thing was in regards to the holiday stage.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Call me crazy but Juri's theme grew on me. It's not a favorite or anything but it's different and weird and that's fine. Certainly fits the creepy vibes of the character.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Juri's original theme was particularly great in the first place (the new one at least ditched the random shrieking).

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Ngl, Juri theme grew on me a little when it was used as the main meme music for people to make fun of SFV a few years back. Every time it comes on now, I think it'll make a banger club music track mainly due to that damn SFV John Wick video. lol

I still don't like it as a theme for her tho and it takes too damn long to get going. I think something a little spicier and upbeat would be better for her.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
ANYWAY since we're talking about Juri I'll just copy and paste these from earlier this year:

Why is Ibuki allowed to have all of her kunai at the beginning of the round, but Juri isn't allowed to have her stocks loaded? Juri's fuha stocks have extremely limited use, and not only that, she has to give up pressure to load them because you can't incorporate her charging into good combos. Ibuki's kunai are flexible af considering you can use them as a regular projectile, an air projectile, or let them all go at once either from the ground at multiple angles, the air, or in that mixup they do where they trick you into thinking they're about to do a cross up FROM THE START OF THE ROUND. And it's an EX special.

There is literally no reason Juri is the way she is and it's completely fucked. This is my catharsis after fucking around with Juri in casuals against an Ibuki yesterday.
I've previously posted about how much I dislike her nonsensical storing system, but I've been playing her in casual a bit because I got two of her colors in fighting chance. As a former Juri main in SF4 I defInitely still find her fun, but I don't love her because of all of the QOL changes she needs. I just don't understand why Capcom can't fix these BASIC things about Juri:

1. Flickering DP hitbox is WTF and has absolutely no reason to not be fixed
2. Giving her more plus frames (fireball should be +)
3. Reverting her damage back to what it used to be
4. Increasing hitbox on fuha store

Then there are just character design things like her having no setups or mixups and giving up pressure to store. She is frustrating to me because there's really no reason she shouldn't be better when they're perfectly fine with giving Rashid more oki just because :)

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
No, Juri's theme is objectively bad, it was composed by one person who had one job,

Dante's Sub Human theme only had the problem with the vocals, everything else about it is good. Which was fixed when DMC5 released

And it's not just Juri's theme that has the problem. Poison, Cammy, Bison, Akuma's theme has the problems of using dubs and wubs.

Also there's Necalli and he has a theme and the trash that's Abigail's theme.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No, Juri's theme is objectively bad, it was composed by one person who had one job,

Dante's Sub Human theme only had the problem with the vocals, everything else about it is good. Which was fixed when DMC5 released

And it's not just Juri's theme that has the problem. Poison, Cammy, Bison, Akuma's theme has the problems of using dubs and wubs.

Also there's Necalli and he has a theme and the trash that's Abigail's theme.
Fun fact: Cammy, Bison, Akuma's themes were arranged by the same person. Hideyuki Fukasawa loves his wub wub wub. He was also the sole composer of SF4. Thankfully that wasn't the case anymore with SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.