• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Cammy SFV theme is fine to me, but it ranks low on her all time theme list. She downgraded from SF4.
Bison SFV is ok, I thought his SF4 theme was trash. His SF2 theme is still king
Akuma's SFV theme is not good imo. His only good themes are Killing Moon and his SF2 themes.
Poison SFV theme slaps and Rashid theme is fun.

Not a fan of wub wub wub, but I can tolerate it in certain cases.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Cammy SFV theme is fine to me, but it ranks low on her all time theme list. She downgraded from SF4.
Bison SFV is ok, I thought his SF4 theme was trash. His SF2 theme is still king
Akuma's SFV theme is not good imo. His only good themes are Killing Moon and his SF2 themes.
Poison SFV theme slaps and Rashid theme is fun.

Not a fan of wub wub wub, but I can tolerate it in certain cases.

Killing Moon is really good. When are we going to get SF3 classic stages?

Zeku's theme is the best in the game.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I swear, if Sean or Oro make it in and their theme ISN'T The Longshoreman, I'm gonna riot. After so many hours as a kid in front of a 3S cabinet, that song IS Street Fighter to me.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say that I really like Lucia's 80s action movie theme.

I actually love so much about Lucia it's crazy I haven't actually played around with her yet. This image alone is probably one of the best images to come from SFV.

featured-lucia.jpg

She just looks so fucking cool here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking knew that G wouldn't get a costume until Christmas and it'd be a Santa one. Motherfuckers lmao

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Would they really do that? Surely they learnt their lesson with all the complaining that happened between Kage and Evo. According to rumors they've got at least a few characters people would be happy to see (Oro and Rose, for example) ready to go so I find it hard to believe that they are going to piss people off by releasing Gill and/or Seth next week.

They really would need to include either of those characters with another two that a lot of people are actually keen for.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Pardon the odd question but
In the english naming what does the M. In M. Bison stand for again? Shortening for Master right?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I swear to God the next person who embeds a tweet of either Kira or that Sir Arthur dude goes straight on my ignore list. I'm so done with these two, their buddy-buddy banter and the dopes on twitter that treat them like oracles. Have some goddamn self-respect.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
X-kira has predicted so many things like.

(i)
(ii)
(iii)
(iv)
(v)
(vi)
(vii)
(viii)
(ix) 4 costumes in 2017
(x)

How are you doubting him?

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
In the english naming what does the M. In M. Bison stand for again? Shortening for Master right?
Yep, Alpha 3 and the SF2 animated movie both confirm that the M. stands for "Master," though I still like to pretend it's "Mike" like in Japan :P

Also, re: the whole "leaked characters" thing, I feel like we ARE getting Oro and/or Rose and buddy boy just desperately backpedaled after he got threatened with legal action or something. The way he phrases that tweet, with the emphasis on "I took down that post" rather than "that post was incorrect" makes me think he had accurate leaks before and now is trying to pretend like he knows nothing to protect his own ass.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Theoretically Gill would be as popular as Kage (especially if they keep him as a motion character). You guys are always wrong about what normies want and find exciting.

I'd prefer Rose and Oro as well, for the record.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
GIVE ME SEAN YOU COWARDS!
Yep, Alpha 3 and the SF2 animated movie both confirm that the M. stands for "Master," though I still like to pretend it's "Mike" like in Japan :P

Also, re: the whole "leaked characters" thing, I feel like we ARE getting Oro and/or Rose and buddy boy just desperately backpedaled after he got threatened with legal action or something. The way he phrases that tweet, with the emphasis on "I took down that post" rather than "that post was incorrect" makes me think he had accurate leaks before and now is trying to pretend like he knows nothing to protect his own ass.
Alright thanks :3

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think it's actually ever explicitly stated what exactly M. stands for, but for what it's worth in his SF4 intro he calls himself "the mighty Bison".

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think it's actually ever explicitly stated what exactly M. stands for, but for what it's worth in his SF4 intro he calls himself "the mighty Bison".
GHJP7dh.png

He calls himself "Master Bison" in Alpha 3, which is also what Cammy, Juni, and Juli call him as well.

His underlings also use "Master Bison" to refer to him in SFII: The Animated Movie, though that could just be a product of the antiquated dub.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Iirc the japanese dialog has him say 'Kono Vega-sama ga aitesh teiyaru'
Going off my rusty memory here so mighty is just a localisation from what the jp dialog is ^^;

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like to think that his name fully transitioned and is now actually just Mike Bison.

MIKE THE EMPEROR OF SHADALOO

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CAPCOM DONE FUCKED UP DECAPRE BETTER BE THE CAPCOM CUP CHARACTER
5hfrEhK.gif

4ea.jpg

Dude had the EVO characters leaked to him and now he's siding with Kira? Jfc

Also I think you guys forget, Kira's 'leak' isn't just that it's Seth and Gill being revealed, it's that they're both non playable arcade bosses for arcade mode. That's right, this dumb motherfucker is now siding with the man who thinks Capcom are revealing non playable characters at an event. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Killing Moon is jungle as fuck and there's no way a remix wouldn't completely ruin it. I wish Capcom would give us straight up 3rd strike soundtrack DLC like they did for SFII a while back.
I forgot that happened... How did it work? You could swap the SF5 themes for SF2 characters for SF2 themes? Is there a menu similar to Smash Bros's variable music thing? Did the SF2 pack also include Honda's theme? Could you use it on any character, or it just sat there unused?

Depending on how it works, I could understand not bothering with SF3 since so few characters are in the game... But half of Zero2/3 characters are in SF5 now, they could at least add these two OST.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I think the thing I am anticipating the most at this point is X-Kira being wrong again. It is funny every time.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I forgot that happened... How did it work? You could swap the SF5 themes for SF2 characters for SF2 themes? Is there a menu similar to Smash Bros's variable music thing? Did the SF2 pack also include Honda's theme? Could you use it on any character, or it just sat there unused?

Depending on how it works, I could understand not bothering with SF3 since so few characters are in the game... But half of Zero2/3 characters are in SF5 now, they could at least add these two OST.

I have literally no Idea why Capcom insists on ignoring every other SF game that isn't SFII. Whats even weirder is that they didn't follow through and have classic music as a regular thing. I have FM I could spend on that shit right now since I don't have shit else to spend it on. I ain't keen spending it in that damn gacha mode when theres no way to get any of it back. Thats its real purpose TBH, to get rid of your FM.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of those weirdos that prefers the Japanese names for the three so it's totally Mike Bison to me even if it makes no sense.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's a free trial coming soon so characters dropping with the announcement is a possibility.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
If they're revealed this weekend then it'd make sense to release them alongside the holiday content on Tuesday, but Capcom rarely makes sense. We'll probably have to wait a month.
The Summer 2019 Character Bundle was added to Steam DB in April, and was eventually named "DLC201908_03 for Beta Testing" and ended up releasing in August. The other bundles released in August had similar names. For example, the 2019 Summer Costume Bundle was DLC201908_00, and the character costume bundles ranged from _04 to _10.

Since October there's been an unknown DLC labeled "DLC201911_02 (1172540) デポ" That means there's probably a _00 and _01 as well, so up to 3 bundles releasing in November. One is most likely the 2018 Holiday bundle. I think another one might be a 2019 Holiday bundle, but I feel like they would've announced it in the reveal video. It's always possible the third one is another character costume bundle, but I think the 2019 Winter Bundle may be possible as well.

Going back to that _02 bundle, it's worth noting that it's listed as "Free on Demand." Almost every other DLC is "Store or CD Key" except the Story DLC which was also "Free on Demand." It looks like they have a free surprise up their sleeves for us next week. I was thinking it might be those track suits, but Capcom originally said they were coming in December: https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1182422072590524422

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The Summer 2019 Character Bundle was added to Steam DB in April, and was eventually named "DLC201908_03 for Beta Testing" and ended up releasing in August. The other bundles released in August had similar names. For example, the 2019 Summer Costume Bundle was DLC201908_00, and the character costume bundles ranged from _04 to _10.

Since October there's been an unknown DLC labeled "DLC201911_02 (1172540) デポ" That means there's probably a _00 and _01 as well, so up to 3 bundles releasing in November. One is most likely the 2018 Holiday bundle. I think another one might be a 2019 Holiday bundle, but I feel like they would've announced it in the reveal video. It's always possible the third one is another character costume bundle, but I think the 2019 Winter Bundle may be possible as well.

Going back to that _02 bundle, it's worth noting that it's listed as "Free on Demand." Almost every other DLC is "Store or CD Key" except the Story DLC which was also "Free on Demand." It looks like they have a free surprise up their sleeves for us next week. I was thinking it might be those track suits, but Capcom originally said they were coming in December: https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1182422072590524422
Interesting. Thanks for sleuthing. Let's hope there is a nice bonus alongside characters.

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say maybe a free character or costume, but those would just be downloaded to the game directly. If it's optional content, then something story or at least single-player based seems possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.