• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, VS2 Abigail looks like he'll be significantly more of a threat than Zangief this season.

Either way, I'm actually starting to feel at least somewhat guilty about using VS2 Ibuki. For all of the BS that I can't deny she already had, it really is on another level (the Ed I was playing against kinda just gave up at the end and didn't bother to rematch).

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Scratch feeling guilty, fuck it, I will find a way to kill each and every grappler with this shit in an already stupid game with a dearth of defensive options as it is.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Imagine sitting through 100 fights for 39 characters. Especially when Fight Money isn't a factor. Whew.
images_do_not_want-741689.jpg

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Chun Li's is a threat now that she can combo low forward into heavy kicks . She can Oki with a throw or stand strong which is +3 on block and combos both normal and quick rise.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Azam I can see being used some day, they could make him an agile grappler and become a replacement for T.Hawk (and I like T.Hawk), but Byron aint ever coming back lol, unless they pull another Lucia and dig him up as filler for SF8 season 4.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, managed to luck out and get Mike in Fighting Chance (finally). Still have some FM left over, I'll wait and see if they loop round and offer SF2 Dhalsim again, that's really the only other costume I want now.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Do you folks know of any good fairly recent guide about G? Last time I played he had just released...since then I assume the game changed quite a bit. I already labbed a bit just to get a feel for him once more but I wouldn't mind being steered in a good direction instead of stumbling on something outdated.

Last edited:

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Do you folks know of any good fairly recent guide about G? Last time I played he had just released...since then I assume the game changed quite a bit. I already labbed a bit just to get a feel for him once more but I wouldn't mind being steered in a good direction instead of stumbling on something outdated.

It's still pretty early. I don't play G but have you joined the G discord? They must be really up to date with that kind of info. I'm in the Vega one and there's always a Google Doc lying around, or good Vega players making guides as the season goes.

You can look for Discords in this google doc (The FGC Discord Compendium) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ac2nRBy0tTPz6k6heook5w8R7dDngutW8OkK5alhI7k/htmlview#

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
It's still pretty early. I don't play G but have you joined the G discord? They must be really up to date with that kind of info. I'm in the Vega one and there's always a Google Doc lying around, or good Vega players making guides as the season goes.

You can look for Discords in this google doc (The FGC Discord Compendium) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ac2nRBy0tTPz6k6heook5w8R7dDngutW8OkK5alhI7k/htmlview#
Oh, I didn't think about that. Thanks for the suggestion and link!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I imagine the G community is made up 50% of people who can't read and just do shit, and the remaining being people who just roleplay as Abraham Lincoln.

EDIT: I imagine the Ken community has a bot that just posts *SHORYUKEN* after anyone makes a post.

EDIT2: I imagine the Abigail discord is the least active. Which makes sense since the members so rarely get internet time, being stuck living in a zoo and all.

EDIT3: I imagine no one in the Falke discord has ever cracked a smile at anything.

EDIT4: I imagine the F.A.N.G community is just people constantly playing up our how boy's actually secretly good and it's just cause of lack of people playing him that he don't see more FANGs in tournaments.

EDIT5: I imagine the Sakura discord is mainly just made up of a fan-art channel and a NSFW fan-art channel and nothing else.

EDIT6: I imagine the Karin discord is just the same *Karin laugh* emote being spammed.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit online, usually I'm pretty anxious but I took it one step at a time. Managed to get out of rookie (lol) but got my butt handed to me by a Super Bronze Ken and Akuma buuuut my last match was one where I stopped another Akuma from promoting...and I didn't let him win a set. I'll be honest it felt kinda good lol.

Got a lot to progress on with G, the hardest part for me is remembering to level up my specials, when I do it's keeping them without losing them that end up difficult. I know his second V skill help with that but I kinda like the shield he has I like to use it when someone jump on me if I forget to do his back HP anti-air.

EDIT: Is there a way I can join the discord for this OT? IIRC there was one.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
This is probably super accurate and also sounds fun (in a cult-y way).
I imagine the FANG discord would be the same as the Claw one, "yeah our boy sucks so bad I wish he was better but eww".
The true mark of a MAYBE viable but still low tier character is that the people who play him insist that they're not as bad as everyone thinks.

And the Claw discord was a normal discord at first but now they're all dejected and just tell anyone who asks for advice to just do cr.hk at random intervals since that's the only option they have now.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of what a 5-bar connection entails has become extremely lenient in the last couple of months, I find.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
It's time.
MyWallet.Punk

It's crazy Capcom Cup top 2 players have no sponsors.
Redbull, Liquid, Razer, EG, PG are good if ever he decides to sign up.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Punk just started playing Sonicfox on his stream. These 2 are so fun to watch, hilarious banter and great matches

www.twitch.tv

punkdagod - Twitch

Pro SFV player just trying to entertain you guys who support me

Status
Not open for further replies.