• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Still would like a netcode fix, some QOL and Wifi Icon.

I swear people are playing through wifi when I set the bar limit to only 5. I have to use the Fight Request and set to ask before accepting. Even then I would still see bars at 4 or below and then see it at 5 bars in the rematch screen.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Still would like a netcode fix, some QOL and Wifi Icon.

I swear people are playing through wifi when I set the bar limit to only 5. I have to use the Fight Request and set bar to ask before accepting. Even then I would still see bars at 4 or below and then see it at 5 bars in the rematch screen.
Those "5" bar Brazilian/Mexican connections though

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Ansel support would be pretty Baller. I'm sure allot of screenshot twitter accounts would appreciate it.
1094.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
That's really big. Haven't they been silent on the matter since late 2016 or so?
They lowered it mid 2016 (publicly announced), said they wouldn't do it again at Capcup 2016, and then did it again for either CFN2.0 or sometime mid-2017 (this time silently).
But on the same page people were saying that inputs were not a problem lol.
The delay itself (at t = 0) isn't a problem, it's the fact that it increases and rollsover over time. That's probably worse than the 8f at launch because at least that was consistent.
Yeah the timing is kinda mad haha. Thought it was some sort of elaborate hoax at first.
Yeah, we were discussing it here and EHubs just had another "What change should come to SFV Season 'X'" poll and input delay topped it for like the 3rd year in a row.

Oct 25, 2017
I think that they never officially commented on it ever since the game came out.
They did back in 2016, so long before the UE update.
Interestingly enough, that Capcom-Unity post is gone, but it is referenced here:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-03-capcom-apologises-for-silence-around-street-fighter-5

"We have heard reports of input delay and have shared it with the development team," Capcom said. "They are currently looking into the reports and we will let you know as soon as we find out more."

They have improved it since then, especially on PS4. It's about 2 frames less than it was.

Oct 25, 2017
Who said there was no input lag problem? They must've been crazy.
People mentioned two years ago how the whole game is balanced around it. Like overheads being slower and all that.

Oct 25, 2017
Why are these pro players, whose full time jobs it is to study this game like a book and understand every little detail of it, acting like the delay wasn't already lowered in the past, nonetheless twice?

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
lmao ChrisT with the preemptive "if I perform worse it's because of lower input lag" option select

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are these pro players, whose full time jobs it is to study this game like a book and understand every little detail of it, acting like the delay wasn't already lowered in the past, nonetheless twice?

Nah bruh, two fewer frames of lag is going to catapult the likes of Alex Myers into the into the upper echelon of SFV players.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't it weird they'd be doing it one month before Capcom Cup? Isn't it going to mess the pros?
Why not wait after that and launch it along season 4?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Nah bruh, two fewer frames of lag is going to catapult the likes of Alex Myers into the into the upper echelon of SFV players.

Real talk, the better I get at the game the more I realize it's the smallest things that matter at higher levels of play. It's fucking inches, frames, and other small shit that could be the difference between you getting a knock down into oki pressure, or you getting CC'd for half your health.

I ain't saying me or Alex Myers will start stomping people for free, but for him and others to be so happy about this, means there is some real tangible value in a game that allows for better reactions.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird we're only getting an input error fix on 10/23....

Dan is coming as a free character confirmed.
Kira mentioned he's seeing two characters on deck for the S4 launch patch. We're not getting anyone else this season. (I agree that Dan is probably free or a bonus if/when he happens though)

There are actually two parts to the input lag problem. One is the variable lag issue, the other is the UE4 issue. The former is likely easier to solve, the latter requires a complete QA workover to implement (which the Tekken team did.) Hopefully it's both..

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I'm really excited about this. Imagine if they got it down to 4f of lag. It'd be an entirely different game. I'm expecting 5.5f of lag, which is still a considerable improvement.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
That's really big. Haven't they been silent on the matter since late 2016 or so?
There were unofficial official talk about it at the start of the season, basically Logan said the UE4 update is being planned for later in the year in one WSO session, which is weird to say from a commentator unless he heard it from some community manager friend and didn't knew he wasn't supposed to share.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It'd be an en entirely different game.
Would it though?
There were unofficial official talk about it at the start of the season, basically Logan said the UE4 update is being planned for later in the year in one WSO session, which is weird to say from a commentator unless he heard it from some community manager friend and didn't knew he wasn't supposed to share.
The community manager friend was literally sitting besides him when he made that comment.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
If they'd add a few more frames of recovery to some dashes, get rid of the delay, and make CC buttons only work on reversal punishes...I'd be in heaven.

GUILE STILL NEEDS NERFS THOUGH BECAUSE FUCK HIM

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest gain from a lag reduction would be that more people would have to take responsibility for their own failures. I doubt the game will feel substantially different.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
If they'd add a few more frames of recovery to some dashes, get rid of the delay, and make CC buttons only work on reversal punishes...I'd be in heaven.

The CC only on reversals would kind of make the whole thing pointless. You would only need one CC button because there would be an optimal punish.

Plus, with the CC scaling nerf the best punish for a blocked reversal isn't even CC for every character. A lot of characters get more mileage out of neutral jump combos.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
X-Kira is saying we're going to be getting easter egg codes for standard costumes soon. There's a pic of Ed's boxer outfit without the cape. Hoping this is real.

He posted a list of costumes with new easter egg variants: https://twitter.com/XKiraDatamining/status/1049336679302123520
The Costumes of the characters I saw at the time were;

Default Costume:
Balrog (Boxer)
Vega (Claw)
M.Bison (Dictator)
Kolin
Menat

Story Costume:
Kolin
Menat

Battle Outfit 1:
Kolin
Ed
Zeku

If you load the game models into UE Viewer. you can actually see that different parts of the model are assigned different textures/materials. In the below image of Menat, each color represents a different material. The fun part is Capcom can make entire parts of a model disappear by replacing it with a reference to a "CMI_CMN_Invisible" file. In the below example, you could actually mod the game and change "CM_Z23_01_E06_Collar" to the invisible file to get rid of her collar.

htcZE60.png

However, this won't work with all costume parts. In the example below of Rashid's Airman outfit, you'll notice that Rashid's right arm is a single color, so you couldn't make his right glove invisible without making the whole arm invisible. Additionally, you may notice that his torso and head aren't modeled at all, so if you make "Z0C_06_E01_Body" invisible then you'd just end up with his arms floating in mid-air.

ffiB2f0.png

The point is that new easter egg variations would be very easy for Capcom to do. I've uploaded an album of models that X-Kira claim will have easter eggs if you want to guess which parts Capcom will make invisible: https://imgur.com/a/Xsg2jbo

In most cases I'd think the codes would just remove hats/capes/accessories. Vega could be potentially interesting, however. I thought the code would remove his blouse, but it appears that his body isn't actually modeled beneath it. And in case you haven't noticed, the image I posted of Menat may actually confirm that this is all true. Her in-game default model already has an alternate headpiece, but it's currently set to invisible. Here's a side look:

YLiKwO8.png

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Is Tekken 7 currenctly on 4.13 or did they update to the new one with their input lag fix?
They updated but they came from a closer build than SFV.
Latest engine version on preview is UE4.21. I can't imagine the work in QA to update from 4.7, it was such a mess for some low projects already just going from 4.7 to 4.8.
Let's say I'm not really confident in Capcom doing it. I'd be glad to be wrong tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.