• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of ragequiters lately. Close matches too it don't make any sense.

I had two guys RQ on me when I jumped back into Ranked last weekend to start my grind up to Platinum. The first guy RQ'ing made no sense; his Zeku was kicking my ass most of the match and I lucked into a counter hit poke when we were both magic pixel health at round 3. I have no doubt I would've gone 1-2 in the set had he stayed. At least the second guy RQ was understandable; he RQ while I was KO punishing his jump-in with a super. For what it's worth, both opponents according to their profile appeared to be <3mo smurf accounts.

RQs are one thing, but really got me annoyed while playing ranked was I got paired with a guy who blatantly lag-switched on me during the match. The guy was playing Bison, I won the first round, he won the second. Third round I was soundly kicking his ass; I finished a combo that left him at 10% health and a pixel shy of a full stun bar. Then all of a sudden, the game becomes completely unresponsive with massive amounts of lag. The lag lasted until Bison's stun bar had gone completely down, then it miraculously cleared up at the exact same time the Bison player dashed in to restart offense. Had I not had such a huge life lead on him he would've taken the match right there, but I was able to squeeze in a counter poke to finish him off. I'm honestly surprised the guy took the loss. I wasn't happy with the win, I was left kinda pissed off the guy tried pulling that so blatantly. I checked his profile before blacklisting him to confirm he was on PC as I had suspected.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I looked uo Thekaratemaster1 and found out from June to now he made it to Super Diamond.

He RQ to Super Diamond.

The RQ system doesn't work

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Purchased BF1($5) with free premium month ago, SFV only gets played on Friday for extra battle and missions...

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Money wise SFV is pretty important for capcom not just in term of dlc but also because of esports. TGS this year and last year was packed for SFV. There also all the partnership they have like the one with OpenRec and the new esports license thing. And with all of that there is also the capcom esports club and the rookie caravan thing they did this year. With the game coming in Arcade next year SFV is gonna become even more important for capcom

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Ibuki allowed to have all of her kunai at the beginning of the round, but Juri isn't allowed to have her stocks loaded? Juri's fuha stocks have extremely limited use, and not only that, she has to give up pressure to load them because you can't incorporate her charging into good combos. Ibuki's kunai are flexible af considering you can use them as a regular projectile, an air projectile, or let them all go at once either from the ground at multiple angles, the air, or in that mixup they do where they trick you into thinking they're about to do a cross up FROM THE START OF THE ROUND. And it's an EX special.

There is literally no reason Juri is the way she is and it's completely fucked. This is my catharsis after fucking around with Juri in casuals against an Ibuki yesterday.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I dislike fighting a good Juri, but I agree. They either have to have them stocked at the start of the round, or give her more ways to combo into stocking it. Ibuki has an EX "stock kunai fast" move, maybe Juri should have an EX version that stocks all three things in one go.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
More Strip Fighter V:

aSechQU.jpg
pJxqJaV.jpg
YWDD7ee.jpg
EH2y3Ri.jpg
AzICbbe.jpg
Dn0O98M.jpg

A few more in this album: https://imgur.com/a/Plsaz2H

Reverse farmer's tan Alex is gold. I actually removed his cap at one point, but he ended up looking like Hulk Hogan since they didn't model the hair underneath. Necalli's CPT outfit with most of the stuff removed is just... wow. And beardless buff Birdie better be his Nostalgia outfit. I almost didn't post that pic because it contained too much hotness.

Sadly, a lot of the older costumes don't really have many parts that can be made invisible. If the easter egg thing is true then it'll be limited to only a few costumes, unless Capcom go back and alter the older ones. X-Kira has also claimed color edit mode is coming, but after seeing these, I'd really just love a costume edit mode. It doesn't have to be crazy Tekken customization, either. Just being able to pick which parts of a costume appear would be fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
More Strip Fighter V:

A few more in this album: https://imgur.com/a/Plsaz2H

Reverse farmer's tan Alex is gold. I actually removed his cap at one point, but he ended up looking like Hulk Hogan since they didn't model the hair underneath. Necalli's CPT outfit with most of the stuff removed is just... wow. And beardless buff Birdie better be his Nostalgia outfit. I almost didn't post that pic because it contained too much hotness.

Sadly, a lot of the older costumes don't really have many parts that can be made invisible. If the easter egg thing is true then it'll be limited to only a few costumes, unless Capcom go back and alter the older ones. X-Kira has also claimed color edit mode is coming, but after seeing these, I'd really just love a costume edit mode. It doesn't have to be crazy Tekken customization, either. Just being able to pick which parts of a costume appear would be fantastic.
Nice work!

You can remove Dhalsim's beard to give him a classic look (he still has some kind of "painted" mustache tho):

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Nice work!

You can remove Dhalsim's beard to give him a classic look (he still has some kind of "painted" mustache tho):
I think that Dhalsim mod was a mesh edit. I'm sure Capcom will do their own edit and make it available as a Fighting Chance costume or something. But Dhalsim's beard is currently set to the same material as his skin, so the invisible file can't be used without making him disappear. The funny thing is everything else can be removed, including his clothes. I haven't looked through them all, but so far Dhalsim's default is the only costume to have the entire body modeled underneath the clothes. WARNING! Very NSFW: https://imgur.com/vzfZEJN I was gonna screenshot him doing his taunt, but it's just way too lewd, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I think that Dhalsim mod was a mesh edit. I'm sure Capcom will do their own edit and make it available as a Fighting Chance costume or something. But Dhalsim's beard is currently set to the same material as his skin, so the invisible file can't be used without making him disappear. The funny thing is everything else can be removed, including his clothes. I haven't looked through them all, but so far Dhalsim's default is the only costume to have the entire body modeled underneath the clothes. WARNING! Very NSFW: https://imgur.com/vzfZEJN I was gonna screenshot him doing his taunt, but it's just way too lewd, lol.
CM_DSM_01_E03_Skin.uasset
CM_DSM_01_E04_Hair.uasset
The mod was made by editing the material file and the texture (black alpha layer over the beard), no mesh edit, but it may leave a weird shadow underneath if you only remove the beard without altering the texture.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
CM_DSM_01_E03_Skin.uasset
CM_DSM_01_E04_Hair.uasset
The mod was made by editing the material file and the texture (black alpha layer over the beard), no mesh edit, but it may leave a weird shadow underneath if you only remove the beard without altering the texture.
Oooh, very cool, thanks! Interestingly, that Hair.uasset file is only for the top layer of his beard. The base layer is part of Skin.uasset, which is why the CMN_Invisible file method doesn't work. Putting alpha layers over the parts you want to hide is pretty brilliant, though. Gonna have to look into that.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Been going back and forth between Ultra Bronze and Super Bronze... the slim margin between going down a league and advancing has been more annoying than expected.

Sir Laguna

Oct 27, 2017
Been going back and forth between Ultra Bronze and Super Bronze... the slim margin between going down a league and advancing has been more annoying than expected.

Been there for some weeks and then I fell off the game.

I just love SFV and will probably come back someday (and probably fell to Bronze in a second), but I needed time to spend in other games.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a problem with S1 Akuma trial 10? No matter what I do I can't seem to do the aerial hadoken after the HCF + kick move

Edit: I'm an idiot. I tried to practice that part of the combo solo, but you need V trigger

Last edited:

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Season 4 should be the last season, right? I remember Capcom told they would support the game until 2019 or something like that.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I dislike fighting a good Juri, but I agree. They either have to have them stocked at the start of the round, or give her more ways to combo into stocking it. Ibuki has an EX "stock kunai fast" move, maybe Juri should have an EX version that stocks all three things in one go.
EX stocks is a decent idea. She absolutely needs more ways to acquire or use them.

Season 4 should be the last season, right? I remember Capcom told they would support the game until 2019 or something like that.
They said very early on that they have plans to support the game until at least 2020 (which would be five seasons), but I am sure they will go beyond that. I think Capcom are very comfortable with where the game is now and expect them to seriously take their time giving us Street Fighter VI.

Hoping they handle all future seasons pretty much exactly as they did with season 3. Revealing everyone at once and showing off new modes at the same time really brought excitement in a way SFV does not usually get from people that normally ignore the game.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I would think they would support SFV until SFVI, and they wont launch SFVI until the next generation of consoles.

Just hope the key thing for SFVI is crossplay across all platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.