• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxhound286

Dec 4, 2017
New Jersey
The bearded guy assuming E. Honda and a "grappler" (Sodom?) are coming. Half the season isn't going to be big people.
Yeah, I can see that. I also think we're getting beard guy this season. I have to say, I'm really curious about how he'll look in 3D. His body type looks pretty unique for this game judging by the one picture he's in.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Plus they kind of wiggled their way out of it with Nash and FANG. The former was changed from American to unknown and the latter is listed as unknown, despite him wearing Chinese clothes and using a Chinese fighting style.
I recall Chun questioning if he's really Chinese in her win quote against him (the fact that "two" is written wrong on his clothes factoring into that).

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE: Birdie's CA... doesn't he skip rope? Maybe a new Rival Schools title was secretly cancelled?
Ooooh, that's an interesting theory. That would make sense!
They also mention FANG's general design idea comes from canceled character from "a certain game". It would not be surprising that a new RS would have that kind of wacky designs...

On the topic of salvaging rejected character ideas: reading the above about FANG, plus that the reused the "poison" idea from Third Strike, or that G is based on rejected concepts from SF4, gives me hope that someone at Capcom USA is finally going to inform the Japan branch of how popular the drafts designs for King Cobra are, and that they should absolutely recycle them for this game or the next one.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
On the topic of salvaging rejected character ideas: reading the above about FANG, plus that the reused the "poison" idea from Third Strike, or that G is based on rejected concepts from SF4, gives me hope that someone at Capcom USA is finally going to inform the Japan branch of how popular the drafts designs for King Cobra are, and that they should absolutely recycle them for this game or the next one.
I would prefer the tall lanky concept rather than the one that eventually became a Ken costume. Rip off Game of Death Kareem with some sprinkling of Sho'nuff from The Last Dragon.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Ibuki might be getting an Akane Yagyu (Onimusha) crossover costume.

qLtGi5i.png

The book also has concept art for a Mech Abigail costume.

EWBZxNt.png

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Makes sense since Capcom appear to be doing their remaster thing with Onimusha.

Mecha Abigail concepts seem a bit too similar to Tekken's various Jack robots. It should look like a shitty scrap-metal job like Abigail built it himself.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Iron Giant scrap metal vibe that the Abigail costume has. I just really want more Abigail costumes.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Blanka concept art. We clearly have been robbed.

SjUXseM.png

And man, kimono Falke would have been so cool.

5unbdhqa6dqx.jpg

Kolin had CFN art that looked just like one of the better mods for Cammy from SFIV:

tkdn4iocopypdex7.jpg

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I've translated whatever I found interesting from the first 100 pages back in my MMC den. That's the core 16 characters, I'll do the rest when I have more time.

Just wanted to say thanks for the translations! I always love learning about the design process.

GunkoGunko on GameFAQs (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/77267097) has been posting scans, and Menat's struck me as interesting, as the design on the lower right has a headpiece that's actually in the game already, but currently set to invisible:

He also posted this scan of Ryu as Mega Man and Jin Saotome, which were both previously mentioned by Flowtron and X-Kira:

Not really feeling the Mega Man one, but that Jin looks amazing. If he has the fundoshi alt, I'll forgive them for thongless Wesker.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense since Capcom appear to be doing their remaster thing with Onimusha.

Mecha Abigail concepts seem a bit too similar to Tekken's various Jack robots. It should look like a shitty scrap-metal job like Abigail built it himself.

Ed I think references that when you beat abigail

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Kinda funny that they always planned on keeping her bare ass showing, lol.
Nothing but pure butt in these designers' minds.
These people had a dream and, eh, damn if they didn't fight to make it happen.

Real talk, though: I dig the outfit below. If they had taken the original one on the left and just covered up all the unnecessary naughty bits, like I did in the image on the right, it could have been fantastic:

lauraconceptr0ipv.jpg

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Real talk, though: I dig the outfit below. If they had taken the original one on the left and just covered up all the unnecessary naughty bits, like I did in the image on the right, it could have been fantastic:

lauraconceptr0ipv.jpg
It's a little too close to Makoto in this concept art, but it looks like this mutated into her battle outfit. That one's probably my favorite Laura outfit, though I wish it had pants. If they wanted sexy they should've ditched the jacket instead; people wanna see them braços.
Owj0r16.jpg

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
There going address the netcode in Capcom Cup right? It's been 3 years since their last update about using Kagemusha.

Right now Super Diamond is a shit show. It's now accepting 3 bar connections instead of limiting itself to 5 bars. Laggy matches that showed 5 bars later shows 3 bars from the same players when searching.

I can only name 3 players in the past 3 days having good consistent connection. While everyone else have been unplayable. Now my blacklist have been full and now having to remove a list of players just to see them again and add them back.

It's a never ending cycle.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Whew. First time ever with Chun-Li that I was able to turn a complete defeat in the first match into a 2-1 victory. Feels good.

It's a little too close to Makoto in this concept art, but it looks like this mutated into her battle outfit. That one's probably my favorite Laura outfit, though I wish it had pants. If they wanted sexy they should've ditched the jacket instead; people wanna see them braços.
Owj0r16.jpg
Yeah her battle outfit is probably her best one, and I agree pants instead of a jacket (or simply both) would have been preferable.

That image looks a lot like one of her other concept arts:

lauraconcept2fhcog.jpg

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Free weekend incoming to coincide with Capcom Cup, from December 11-19: https://steamdb.info/sub/328522/

They've also been adding lots of unknown DLC lately. 8 of these unknown DLC packages were added in October, with another 3 added in just the past month. Weird that they still haven't added a 2017 Holiday bundle, though.

Also, oddly enough there have been updates to branches named "test3110 " and "uqaenv3110 ." We're currently on 3.100, so I wonder if 3.110 is another patch before the next season.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

Nocturnowl rare footage of me using Blanka willingly

The Ryu clip was way dumber. The gief above just looks like he's still figuring out the character and/or hasn't played vs Blanka before.

Also, oddly enough there have been updates to branches named "test3110 " and "uqaenv3110 ." We're currently on 3.100, so I wonder if 3.110 is another patch before the next season.

Re-arrange "uqaenv", replace the 'a' with an 'e', and you get "queenV". C Viper confirmed.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
To think 2018 gave Street Fighter the greatest gift of all, Professor Beef succumbing to Blanka after years of hatred, he truly embraced the hate.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yeah her battle outfit is probably her best one, and I agree pants instead of a jacket (or simply both) would have been preferable.

Her battle and volleyball costumes are the only acceptable ones. It would be so easy to put together a distinctive and thematically appropriate costume for her. Sports bra, gi jacket, gi pants, compression shorts. Mix and match. Done and done.

Nobody would mistake her for Makoto, just like nobody mistakes Ryu for Akuma, even though they got similar clothes.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I want those Cammy and Kolin costumes so bad. Why won't you take my money, Capcom?

It is strange because the 2017 Halloween costumes were added back to the shop on the same day the 2018 ones were added.
I didn't even remember that Cammy got one before now. Would've bought Menat's, but I guess I'll just buy one other thing for Sakura instead along with her holiday goth one (thinking of holding out to see who gets Claire for the next RE pack and which costumes specifically, though).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Blanka concept art. We clearly have been robbed.

SjUXseM.png

And man, kimono Falke would have been so cool.

5unbdhqa6dqx.jpg

Kolin had CFN art that looked just like one of the better mods for Cammy from SFIV:

tkdn4iocopypdex7.jpg
The devs usually always settle on the best designs.....except for both Ed and Falke. Lanky Ed and Kimono Falke really are excellent.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Her battle and volleyball costumes are the only acceptable ones. It would be so easy to put together a distinctive and thematically appropriate costume for her. Sports bra, gi jacket, gi pants, compression shorts. Mix and match. Done and done.

Nobody would mistake her for Makoto, just like nobody mistakes Ryu for Akuma, even though they got similar clothes.
The volleyball costume works so well for her, especially considering Brazil's women team is one of the best in the world.

I didn't even remember that Cammy got one before now. Would've bought Menat's, but I guess I'll just buy one other thing for Sakura instead along with her holiday goth one (thinking of holding out to see who gets Claire for the next RE pack and which costumes specifically, though).
I have been looking forward to the Cammy and Kolin ones ever since I got the game, which was last February. I can only hope they will add them to the store later this month.

I am not sure about Sakura's outfits, I think they are a bit disappointing so far. I wouldn't mind another sports pack, so they could put her in a cheesy baseball outfit, for example.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Good Job!

Also that chun costume is the most mortal kombat shit
Thanks!

That outfit is probably more risqué than, say, her swimwear and maybe even her battle outfit. I remember Maximilian calling it her 'battle sex' outfit and I kind of like that name for it.

Is there Ed concept art?
Yup, below. Links because there is no way to resize them yet:

https://imgtc.com/i/5PQ8ZJm.png

https://imgtc.com/i/bFp346z.png

https://imgtc.com/i/G8nWu1J.png

He looks really young in some of them, especially compared to the final result.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

That outfit is probably more risqué than, say, her swimwear and maybe even her battle outfit. I remember Maximilian calling it her 'battle sex' outfit and I kind of like that name for it.

So many better versions of the same outfit its fucking nuts

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Thanks!

They were deadset on the whole nazi shit I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.