• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ryu concept:

ryuconceptanfis.png

SWEDISH-CHEF-psd71677.png

Akuma concept:

Better known as Blankuma

Ibuki outfit concept:

You can't just show this and not give it to us, Capcom!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That Falke concept absolutely should've been what they went with instead.
The volleyball costume works so well for her, especially considering Brazil's women team is one of the best in the world.

I have been looking forward to the Cammy and Kolin ones ever since I got the game, which was last February. I can only hope they will add them to the store later this month.

I am not sure about Sakura's outfits, I think they are a bit disappointing so far. I wouldn't mind another sports pack, so they could put her in a cheesy baseball outfit, for example.
Admittedly, it's pretty much only the summer one I'm considering for Sakura among the non-holiday choices (not really interested in the others). Never would've thought I'd be more interested in playing and buying costumes for her than Karin after wanting them to add the latter to mainline SF after all these years (not to say I don't want anything for Karin, but I just don't care much for playing her in SFV).

Also, congrats on the league up. Soon comes the hard part: the Super Bronze <-> Ultra Bronze seesaw on the path to Silver.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Kimono Falke and Bucciarati Ed are fancy enough to be CPT costumes tbh. *crosses fingers*

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Also, congrats on the league up. Soon comes the hard part: the Super Bronze <-> Ultra Bronze seesaw on the path to Silver.
Thanks!

I am pretty sure I will fall back to Bronze at some point tomorrow, if not immediately, but it is nice to have broken this barrier. I am also enjoying fights a bit more now, especially as I get to fight characters other than Ken and Akuma on a more regular basis.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Had some good fights with Chun today. And with a reward...

rankupl9dmf.jpg

chunny-ts-winz2.gif

Good job man!

I am pretty sure I will fall back to Bronze at some point tomorrow, if not immediately, but it is nice to have broken this barrier. I am also enjoying fights a bit more now, especially as I get to fight characters other than Ken and Akuma on a more regular basis.

Don't worry about it, everyone bounces back and forth between ranks. As long as you can make it to Super Bronze once, you can do it again.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So a recent thread about the PS Classic showed Street Fighter EX 1 among the titles 'hidden' for that system. I wonder if an EX Fighting Layer character is being considered for SF5....

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Not sure why the designers cannot just make a single good Ed costume. The only Ed costume I like is his main one and even I can recognize that it is a complete mess.

My kingdom for a Bionic Commando Ed costume. I would even accept the hotdog dredlocks version.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Free week extends by 1 day to the NINETEENTH. So it's probably going to be a reveal at Top 8 and release the day after.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why the designers cannot just make a single good Ed costume. The only Ed costume I like is his main one and even I can recognize that it is a complete mess.

My kingdom for a Bionic Commando Ed costume. I would even accept the hotdog dredlocks version.
...all his other except his main one are good

What are ya talkin about

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go against the crowd and say Kimono Falke should only have been considered as an alt costume, I think a Kimono is one of the last things I'd be thinking when planning attire for a blonde german Bison body who specifically enjoys milk tea
Unless we're going down that Weeaboo character route and she's secretly the successor to Sodom

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Gonna go against the crowd and say Kimono Falke should only have been considered as an alt costume, I think a Kimono is one of the last things I'd be thinking when planning attire for a blonde german Bison body who specifically enjoys milk tea
Unless we're going down that Weeaboo character route and she's secretly the successor to Sodom
I'm with you on this one.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
...all his other except his main one are good

What are ya talkin about
Nah, they are all overdesigned with the sole exception of his story costume which is mega lame because it has no arms. It makes him look like trailer trash or something.

Then there are his Capcom costumes. Those are generally fine I supposed, but I do not care for Devil May Cry or DarkStalkers so they mean nothing to me.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they are all overdesigned with the sole exception of his story costume which is mega lame because it has no arms. It makes him look like trailer trash or something.

Then there are his Capcom costumes. Those are generally fine I supposed, but I do not care for Devil May Cry or DarkStalkers so they mean nothing to me.

"Overdesigned ". All his costumes are fairly simple. Espically his school one which it is extremely simple
I"m interested in these complicated ed designs you saw because that means there are more ed costumes in the shop that are hidden and I would like to buy them.

Like seriously what, these are some of the most simple designs in the game.

mauB8yb.png

P1OY9bD.png

I"m not even trying to be rude , I am actually confused

Last edited:

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
"Overdesigned ". All his costumes are fairly simple. Espically his school one which it is extremely simple
I"m interested in these complicated ed designs you saw because that means there are more ed costumes in the shop that are hidden and I would like to buy them.

Like seriously what, these are some of the most simple designs in the game.

mauB8yb.png

P1OY9bD.png

I"m not even trying to be rude , I am actually confused
There is like a dozen weird clashing things going on with his battle costume. Less clothes than most but still hella weird and an overall awkward design, especially with the tattoo on the back. I actually forgot about his school outfit, but that kind of says how lame I find it.

I think in general most character's extra costumes just have too much going on. The Christmas ones are probably the worst offenders to me there (Menat's is fantastic though). I actually find the retro fighting chance costumes more appealing than most paid costumes not due to nostalgia or anything but just due to their simplicity. I love the Mike one especially.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
There is like a dozen weird clashing things going on with his battle costume. Less clothes than most but still hella weird and an overall awkward design, especially with the tattoo on the back. I actually forgot about his school outfit, but that kind of says how lame I find it..
I dont agree at all and enjoy its simplicity, but different strokes I guess

I actually find the retro fighting chance costumes more appealing than most paid costumes not due to nostalgia or anything but just due to their simplicity. I love the Mike one especially.

Ah, we will never agree

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
If you are referring to the battle costume here it seriously is the complete reverse of simple. Even if he barely has any clothes on there it is still really complex. It would take forever to draw.

Ah, we will never agree
Aww come on now, would you really be against a costume like this making it in officially?
boxer_ed_c3_by_sleepingmaster-dc2l3qb.jpg

Village

Oct 25, 2017

If you are referring to the battle costume here it seriously is the complete reverse of simple. Even if he barely has any clothes on there it is still really complex. It would take forever to draw.

Aww come on now, would you really be against a costume like this making it in officially?
boxer_ed_c3_by_sleepingmaster-dc2l3qb.jpg

On the " would take forever to draw ", Speak for yourself. I've drawn it, though the picture is lost to the ether of " Factory resetting my computer "

As for the bottom part , that looks wack, basic and boring and boring. The costume he has , has a lot more personality while staying relatively simple and speaks to who he is, and how he came about.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That sponsored content stuff is wild.

Oh, it hasn't been posted. Y'all should check this out.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...rom-december-11-18-on-playstation-4-and-steam

SPONSORED CONTENT

Sponsored Content will be introduced into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on December 11. Sponsored content will be displayed in several locations in-game to remind you about costumes, bundles, and the Capcom Pro Tour. When Sponsored Content is enabled, players can obtain additional Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches - these bonuses come with an upper limit. Here are the places where you will see Sponsored Content:

• Costumes: Ad Style – Every character will have an Ad Style costume where the sponsored content will appear somewhere on their clothing or model
  • Loading Ads – A sponsor will appear in the versus screen before a battle – this will not affect loading screen times
  • Stage Ads – Some tournament stages feature a sponsor like the Ring of Power

If you'd rather not see Sponsored Content, you can easily turn this feature off by going into Battle Settings, which will give you the following options:

• Sponsored Content Settings – Here, you can adjust the sponsored content settings. Turn sponsored content on to receive bonus Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches.
  • Sponsor Display – Turning the setting on allows you to access sponsored content such as Ad Style costumes.
  • Loading & Stage Ads – Selecting "on" gives you access to Stage and Loading Ads.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this.

I also don't know what this says about the game's financial success. When Wipout HD started displaying ads it was because the game wasn't doing well sales-wise at all. At least it's optional.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I think Neo Shadaloo should've gone for guerilla chic instead of rehashing Bipson's nazi cosplay fetish if they absolutely had to keep the military theme. Tell me you wouldn't want to see Ed rocking a shirtless leather jacket and beret, or Falke in a trench coat and scarf. It's much more in keeping with them being rag-tag idealists.
mfg0STQ.jpg

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Capcpom shoving ESPORTS down our throats.
I mean I get it

If rumors are to be believed capcom is developing a fighting game right now, and might be developing another fighting game right now.

They wanna keep their name in your heads when you think of FGC e-sports even if their game isn't the biggest thing around

I think Neo Shadaloo should've gone for guerilla chic instead of rehashing Bipson's nazi cosplay fetish if they absolutely had to keep the military theme. Tell me you wouldn't want to see Ed rocking a shirtless leather jacket and beret, or Falke in a trench coat and scarf. It's much more in keeping with them being rag-tag idealists.
mfg0STQ.jpg

OOOOO

This is actually a pretty neat idea.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this.

I also don't know what this says about the game's financial success. When Wipout HD started displaying ads it was because the game wasn't doing well sales-wise at all. At least it's optional.

It could be worse, Capcom could've had that female announcer record additional dialog:

"This ranked match brought to you by Arcade1Up, official arcade cabinet of the Capcom Pro Tour!"

Edit: The fact it's an optional feature with a fight money lure leads me to think isn't desperate for cash like your Wipeout HD example. I think Capcom is testing the waters with in-game ads and observing how the player-base reacts to it. Personally, ads on costumes/loading screens are a "Ugh, no" from me, but I wouldn't mind ads on certain stages like the CPT rings or public street stages where they wouldn't look out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.