• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played much at all since May. Haven't even been logging in to do the weeklies or extra battles.

Playing a bit today and getting my ass handed to me by platinum players which, is uh, bad for the ego. God I hope it's Rose that drops first.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if the FM increase is pitiful.

I wouldn't even mind stage ads, but those ad style costumes?

Yeah, no...

I dearly hope turning it off also prevents you from seeing that shit on other people's characters.

I like how the ad textures are higher resolution than Balrog's hood LOL

Why hasn't Capcom fixed this shit. It looks horrendous on any close-up.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I think Neo Shadaloo should've gone for guerilla chic instead of rehashing Bipson's nazi cosplay fetish if they absolutely had to keep the military theme. Tell me you wouldn't want to see Ed rocking a shirtless leather jacket and beret, or Falke in a trench coat and scarf. It's much more in keeping with them being rag-tag idealists.
mfg0STQ.jpg

I like it.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I think Neo Shadaloo should've gone for guerilla chic instead of rehashing Bipson's nazi cosplay fetish if they absolutely had to keep the military theme. Tell me you wouldn't want to see Ed rocking a shirtless leather jacket and beret, or Falke in a trench coat and scarf. It's much more in keeping with them being rag-tag idealists.
mfg0STQ.jpg

This is a good idea for multiple reasons. Japan, I get it. The nazi's were stylish. We all know that. Still, it would be great if Japanese designers weren't so quick to dip into that well...

If you are referring to the battle costume here it seriously is the complete reverse of simple. Even if he barely has any clothes on there it is still really complex. It would take forever to draw.

Aww come on now, would you really be against a costume like this making it in officially?
boxer_ed_c3_by_sleepingmaster-dc2l3qb.jpg

That costume would get me to pick up Ed on the side. I like the battle costume as well, but I really dig that classic boxer look too.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I have a question about this one actually.

If you turn off Ads because you hate everything about them, but then you match up against me in my Mountain Dew Mika costume, does that mean you still see the costume? Because technically that is another ad that you didn't want to see, right?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

If you turn off Ads because you hate everything about them, but then you match up against me in my Mountain Dew Mika costume, does that mean you still see the costume? Because technically that is another ad that you didn't want to see, right?

This is the tipping point for me. If everyone can opt out completely, and they don't kneecap the current amount of regularly available FM, then I am one hundred percent okay with this. Otherwise, I am pretty annoyed by this.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go against the crowd and say Kimono Falke should only have been considered as an alt costume, I think a Kimono is one of the last things I'd be thinking when planning attire for a blonde german Bison body who specifically enjoys milk tea
Unless we're going down that Weeaboo character route and she's secretly the successor to Sodom
Still better and far less bland than what they actually went with (and I actually like Falke).

Village

Oct 25, 2017
CPT is owed a lot as far as the continued support, active playerbase, and post-Season 1 content in SFV.

Would have been pretty easy to drop the game off the same cliff as Marvel Infinite if they didn't have a lot of success with the Pro Tour.
I feel like ed would have just been introduced in another SF game.

That's it

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like ed would have just been introduced in another SF game.

That's it

When SFxT and Ultimate Marvel 3 didn't hit sales expectations, the entire fighting game department at Capcom basically died. The only reason USF4 existed was because they were lured by the growth of the competitive scene and said as much during panels at EVO 2013. CPT was founded, found partners, and SFV came from that.

If SFV development halted, there would not be another SF game for some time. Even now I worry that they'll release some Darkstalkers crap half-cocked and kill the division before SFVI again.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
When SFxT and Ultimate Marvel 3 didn't hit sales expectations, the entire fighting game department at Capcom basically died. The only reason USF4 existed was because they were lured by the growth of the competitive scene and said as much during panels at EVO 2013. CPT was founded, found partners, and SFV came from that.

If SFV development halted, there would not be another SF game for some time. Even now I worry that they'll release some Darkstalkers crap half-cocked and kill the division before SFVI again.
I feel like even they have to know , Dark Stalkers and Rivals Schools appeal unless ... changed so much its damn near unrecognizable is so limited that to release a half ass version of it would be nothing but a money pit for them

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I am wondering the same thing. It would make sense this is something only the player who has them enabled will see, like how mods work.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
mfg0STQ.jpg

This is actually such a good idea I'm pissed off we didn't get this instead. :|

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
mfg0STQ.jpg

You on to something. Throw in some punk/anarcho/antifa alts and you set.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
That sponsored content stuff is wild.

Oh, it hasn't been posted. Y'all should check this out.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...rom-december-11-18-on-playstation-4-and-steam

Ah, that explains the V 3.110 in testing. I can't help but wonder if this is also what X-Kira meant when he talked about being able to earn extra FM by being logged in. It's possible he just misinterpreted what he found. However, he did seem adamant about timers and being able to earn FM in offline modes, whereas this announcement specified only Ranked and Casual would be affected.

It's often interesting to see just how X-Kira misinterprets certain things. Before Dojo was officially unveiled, he once tweeted, "Dojo Mode is about coming soon, Dan and Keiko are the commanders in this mode." Well, he was correct about Dojo in general, but the Dan thing didn't come to fruition. And it seems that "Keiko" may have come from a file named "img_DojoBtn_keiko.uasset" Keiko can be translated to "practice" or "training."

Speaking of Dojo, I was looking through the game files and there's a quite a bit of unused Dojo stuff, some of which has been mentioned by X-Kira, and some not:

dojo.uasset
DojoMenu.uasset
DojoMenuElementAsset.uasset
img_DojoBg.uasset
img_DojoBg02.uasset
img_DojoBtnArrow.uasset
img_DojoBtnEf00.uasset
img_DojoBtnEf01.uasset
img_DojoChat.uasset
img_DojoFooter.uasset
img_DojoGoal.uasset
img_DojoHeader.uasset
img_DojoIcon_Mute.uasset
img_DojoIcon_Rom.uasset
img_DojoNamelistEF.uasset
img_DojoNamelistOff.uasset
img_DojoNamelistOn.uasset

img_DojoBtn_catalog.uasset
img_DojoBtn_custom.uasset
img_DojoBtn_Investment.uasset
img_DojoBtn_keiko.uasset
img_DojoBtn_management.uasset
img_DojoBtn_mirror.uasset
img_DojoBtn_runking.uasset
img_DojoBtn_tournament.uasset
img_DojoIconMaster.uasset
img_DojoIconTeacher.uasset

I'm fairly sure most of these icons are unused. The first series of images I didn't post, and are seemingly related to in-game Dojo chat and management. The second series of images looks even more promising. Online Dojo training (keiko?) would be super fun. Or how about a Dojo tournament where people pool their FM (investment?), and the winner takes all? All just speculation for now, but hopefully they actually implement some of this stuff in the future, as Dojo seems very half-assed in its current state.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ah, that explains the V 3.110 in testing. I can't help but wonder if this is also what X-Kira meant when he talked about being able to earn extra FM by being logged in. It's possible he just misinterpreted what he found. However, he did seem adamant about timers and being able to earn FM in offline modes, whereas this announcement specified only Ranked and Casual would be affected.

It's often interesting to see just how X-Kira misinterprets certain things. Before Dojo was officially unveiled, he once tweeted, "Dojo Mode is about coming soon, Dan and Keiko are the commanders in this mode." Well, he was correct about Dojo in general, but the Dan thing didn't come to fruition. And it seems that "Keiko" may have come from a file named "img_DojoBtn_keiko.uasset" Keiko can be translated to "practice" or "training."

Speaking of Dojo, I was looking through the game files and there's a quite a bit of unused Dojo stuff, some of which has been mentioned by X-Kira, and some not:

I'm fairly sure most of these icons are unused. The first series of images I didn't post, and are seemingly related to in-game Dojo chat and management. The second series of images looks even more promising. Online Dojo training (keiko?) would be super fun. Or how about a Dojo tournament where people pool their FM (investment?), and the winner takes all? All just speculation for now, but hopefully they actually implement some of this stuff in the future, as Dojo seems very half-assed in its current state.
Interesting stuff.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Because what one person thinks matters. No. He's bent for some other reason we can't understand. It really is bizarre, but he doesn't matter in our sub genre of gaming anymore, so yeah. And he was hating on the game two years ago, the game is totally different now. He's just got issues or, I don't know. People have their reasons.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Because what one person thinks matters. No. He's bent for some other reason we can't understand. It really is bizarre, but he doesn't matter in our sub genre of gaming anymore, so yeah. And he was hating on the game two years ago, the game is totally different now. He's just got issues or, I don't know. People have their reasons.
OK?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

Or he... just doesn't like the game that much and burnt out.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I'm ok with the ad stuff. Again, if it doesn't affect loading times and stage lag.

I do want Gief with an adidas suit doe.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The ad thing is stupid but if they were going to do it , doing it like this is preferable. I mean you can shut it off. I'd be more curious how much extra fight money you get if you turn it on ? are we talking just 10 per match or will you get double ?? I feel like it should be a fair amount. Also if you turn off the ads will it turn it off for both players ? I suppose on PC you could just find the costume alt and mod it into something else if you really didn't want to see it.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Commenting on the ad support: I'm fine with it.

It's optional and you get rewarded with FM (albeit according the Capcom Unity blog, there will be a max limit?).

Anyways playing a bit more online, I feel I seem to do the best with Kolin. Though I've been trying to figure out that basic combo involving her rapid ice special move that I have often seen in tournaments (forgot which notable tourney player mained Kolin).

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Commenting on the ad support: I'm fine with it.

It's optional and you get rewarded with FM (albeit according the Capcom Unity blog, there will be a max limit?).

Anyways playing a bit more online, I feel I seem to do the best with Kolin. Though I've been trying to figure out that basic combo involving her rapid ice special move that I have often seen in tournaments (forgot which notable tourney player mained Kolin).
I know little about the SFV tournament scene, but I think Neon and Nephew main her.

A good basic combo for Kolin, in my opinion, is lp>mp>hp>parabellum. First part is a target combo, and if you have meter you can do ex.parabellum and link it into other moves. The ice slide people often do afterwards is hp+hk during VT2.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Anything that provides me with more FM is a good thing!

Self-admitted FM whore here ;)

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I sort of like the concept of the ads, but only really in backgrounds and on some costumes. It would look cool on Juri's main costume, but seriously horrible on something like a gi, especially a beaten up one like Akuma's.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
The Extra Battle notes are ominous. Rashid trick nerf incoming?
I missed that. So that measly amount we get will be nerfed? lmao

I might just be being a negative nancy.

It does talk about looking at the stats, though and you'd think that that means they are going to nerf something as opposed to making it easier. The XP battles can be tough but the FM ones are a piece of cake.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they were able to actually alter the AI I'll be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.