• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
On a night to celebrate prestigious games and achievements, capcom announces "ads" plastered all over their characters. And mini commercials before fights.

Good shit.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
On a night to celebrate prestigious games and achievements, capcom announces "ads" plastered all over their characters. And mini commercials before fights.

Good shit.
As much as I LOVE to shit on Capcpom and SFV, SFV has its own event dedicated to it next week. It would've made 0 sense to announce things here when you already have Capcpom Cup.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Not saying they should have announced anything tonight. Just saying what they did announce was fucking stupid. And they announce it on the day the game industry tries to be taken seriously.

"opting" in to commercials before a fight for some fucking pennies? This is horse armor testing. They cooking up some dumb ass shit for SF6 or whatever they make next.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one here who doesn't have this thread on his watched threads tab ever since they rolled out 2.0? I have to manually search for it to find it.

Not saying they should have announced anything tonight. Just saying what they did announce was fucking stupid. And they announce it on the day the game industry tries to be taken seriously.

"opting" in to commercials before a fight for some fucking pennies? This is horse armor testing. They cooking up some dumb ass shit for SF6 or whatever they make next.
While I don't really mind this here, I'm pretty *worried about SF6, I think the game will go full GAAS, with costumes locked behind lootboxes and all.

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Holy shit Smash Ultimate's unlock system is worse than MvC2's. I can't believe people are actually nostalgic for this tedious shit.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
No point in overreacting or speculating really. We'll find out in a couple of days anyway.
I can't imagine why anyone would get all hot and bothered by it.
We went from getting nothing until season 4, to getting something.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
At the video game awards last night when they did best fighting game, when they announced the games SFV got no love from the crowd...DBZ won...

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
At the video game awards last night when they did best fighting game, when they announced the games SFV got no love from the crowd...DBZ won...

You thought DBFZ wouldn't win? Hell, SC6 didn't even stand a chance. Cross Tag? Hahahahaha!

Holy shit Smash Ultimate's unlock system is worse than MvC2's. I can't believe people are actually nostalgic for this tedious shit.

Eh. At least with Smash, that method is far more acceptable than MvC2's half assed way. Holy hell, MvC2's unlocking method was terrible.

No point in overreacting or speculating really. We'll find out in a couple of days anyway.
I can't imagine why anyone would get all hot and bothered by it.
We went from getting nothing until season 4, to getting something.

It's SF. Certain people tend to get hot and bothered over anything about it.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I'm conceived now a lot of players I'm encountering are playing on wifi.

Laggy 5 bar connections ends up showing up as 3 bar connections during matchmaking.

Also JetBlueAutoPilot is the worst Dojo in SFV.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
They released a screenshot of the loading screen ad: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132632

6482f8e824gre.jpg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This week's 2500 FM mission:

The Rumored Four Kings Statue is obtained by playing Character Story and winning either M. Bison's second fight, F.A.N.G.'s first fight or F.A.N.G.'s second fight.

How the hell was I supposed to figure that out on my own?

Well, whatever. Fought the three Shadoloo soldiers with Chun and won them all. Good stuff. I still have a loooooooong way to go before I hit 50 with her, though. At level 28, 20k experience equals only 2 measly levels.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that, when they announced the nominees to the crowd, they cheered for every game but SFV, i knew DBZ was winning...

Eh, I really didn't pay attention to the TGA aside from DMC5 so I likely skimmed over any crowd reactions from other games. I knew that DB was gonna win as soon as it was on the list and it was just a formality at that point. So I wasn't interested.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
This week's 2500 FM mission:

The Rumored Four Kings Statue is obtained by playing Character Story and winning either M. Bison's second fight, F.A.N.G.'s first fight or F.A.N.G.'s second fight.

How the hell was I supposed to figure that out on my own?
You really don't with these challenges. In this case, the "rumored four kings statue" refers to the version of the Four Kings stage where Sagat's head statue is in the background instead of FANGs. The only way to see that is to play the missions which take place before FANG joined the team. I wouldn't have figured that out either.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Buff Sagat forward dash pls

I don't think that will happen nor do I think it should. It wouldn't be fitting of Sagat's style if he could dash all over the place like a mad man. But I think they definitely have to buff his buttons. I would make a lot of them faster. Stuff like his cr. MK and st. MK should be 8-9f instead. Both his fierce attacks should be a little faster as well. Just make all 4 of those buttons 2f faster each. There is still time to change it if it somehow made him too good which I doubt.

Last edited:

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Classic Bison get! Took me 2 10 ticket packs, and about 2 free readings and 2 free tickets. Actually got it exactly with one of my free tickets lol!

And yes, that Kolin BnB does the trick! And forgot you can cancel from c.HK to VT.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
We should do a final roster guess list at least a day before Top 8 and see who gets closest tbh

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
We should do a final roster guess list at least a day before Top 8 and see who gets closest tbh
Makoto
Dan
Rose
Maki (maybe Guy if there are already too many female fighters in the next season, i don't expect more than 2 female chars tbh)
new character (Gorilla?)
new character

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rose
Makoto
Sodom
Fei Long
Hakan
Gorilla

One character per game (since FF is almost replacing SF1), two women, one Japanese, no nationality overlap.
Boring, but balanced.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Necalli needed more time in the oven. I don't hate his default design but the more distinctly native/mesoamerican ideas were interesting.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sticking with my earlier roster prediction:
  • E. Honda
  • Sodom
  • Neo-Shadaloo New Guy (Gorilla)
  • C. Viper
  • Makato
  • Oro

This is pretty much my expectations as well. One Final Fight character (Sodom), Honda, a newbie, at least one SFIII character though I could see either Oro or Makato getting dropped for Rose instead.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I wonder if MarkMan's tweet is hinting at the Season 4 roster packing a crazy, unexpected surprise character? Or maybe there's a "here's two characters and they're out tomorrow!" reveal coming? Or maybe all of the above + new mechanics?

I can't wait for Capcom Cup so we can finally find out.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck there right now.
In my case, I just dipped right back down into Ultra Bronze before returning to Silver in the same night (pretty much on me for insisting on staying in ranked after this week's "play a ranked match" mission, instead of bowing out for more casuals sooner). I... really need to learn how to play against people who know how to defend while making a point of not coming to me whenever they can. The best I've done is getting better at baiting Ryu (so freaking many of him along with Ken and I hate it) when he has VT II.
I wonder if MarkMan's tweet is hinting at the Season 4 roster packing a crazy, unexpected surprise character? Or maybe there's a "here's two characters and they're out tomorrow!" reveal coming? Or maybe all of the above + new mechanics?

I can't wait for Capcom Cup so we can finally find out.
I don't think he's talking about SFV at all with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.