• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Andy Wong always looked dead on those Unity streams. I've never seen a streamer with such low energy. Him and that other dude... haunts? The perfect duo if you ever had trouble sleeping. Watch one of their Unity streams and you'll sleep like a baby.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kage is so lame, but mixups from both of his VTs are hype. Only reason why I'd want to play him is to do VT1 stuff, and it's the reason I'd want to see Kage players in tournament.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I got to play a Kage player at Genesis, of all places. I used Gief and forced him to rely on footsies and ended up going even with him in wins. Sometimes I would see his face in my periph and he looked miserable lol

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Zangief is straight fucked up this season, and is the #1 character I hope they nerf next to Akuma.The layers and option selects that the character has that all lead into the most terrifying vortex in the game is too much. He's the most powerful grappler this season.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Complaining about Gief in SFV is like complaining about Gen in USFIV. People see two buffs and freak out until they realize the character is still just as hard to play as ever.
I don't have experience with USFIV, but I do have a lot of experience fighting Gief in SFV S4. And no matter how hard he is to play, the character can still do too much under the right hands. Menat was one of the least played characters for a reason last season, but she still got nerfed for a reason. How difficult it is to play a character is only tangential to their core potential.

We're gonna see some shit from Itazan and the like this CPT season unless 4.5 addresses it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Hell yeah. They did it!
kFTVDRO.png

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came here to post a pic of Thong Ryu. You can almost see his nutsack in idle pose. 10/10 troll costume, would use again.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And with Thong Ryu costume completed I burned through my remaining fight money stash.
I probably have to skip the Guts Man costume unless I take the time to level up a few characters in survival.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
And with Thong Ryu costume completed I burned through my remaining fight money stash.
I probably have to skip the Guts Man costume unless I take the time to level up a few characters in survival.
Have you done all the trials yet? The S4 trials are the only reason I've been staying afloat, FM-wise.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just in case someone missed the related thread in the news section, Capcom updated their Platinum page. As of December 31, SFV shipped 2.9M units (up from 2.2M that it had a quarter before):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...er-v-version-sales-sfv-ae-shipped-700k.98405/

SFV is now 18th best selling game in Capcom's history.
That's quite the jump! I would never have expected that.
I know most people will consider it a bad performance, but selling this amount of copies so late in the game's life with such a, let's say, _polarized_ reception online, that's quite a feat.
Not mentioning that selling the game is only one part of the equation. The amount of season pass and costumes probably made them tons of money on top of the sales.
And half of the potential market for the game is missing, which means the SF brand is still plenty relevant.
I hope the fighting game division will be able to prove their worth to upper management.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that Capcom saved all the good stuff for an Evo Japan reveal. The radio silence about any upcoming content for SFV is ridiculous at this point.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Just in case someone missed the related thread in the news section, Capcom updated their Platinum page. As of December 31, SFV shipped 2.9M units (up from 2.2M that it had a quarter before):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ca...er-v-version-sales-sfv-ae-shipped-700k.98405/

SFV is now 18th best selling game in Capcom's history.

That's solid performance. Smash blows it out of the water, of course. DBFZ too. Those games are sensations for different reasons.

But I'd love to see the PS4+PC numbers for Tekken 7 and the last two NRS games. I imagine SFV is in the ballpark, even if it still lags behind. 3 million is a hit for all but the highest budget games.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
So over on the Gaming side there is a thread where people are feeding video game character portraits to an Nvidia deep-learning AI program that reconstructs facial features with CGI.

Someone fed the machine Ken's character select portrait. Not even HAL 9000 can fix Ken's face:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/po...arning-nvidia-inpainting.98368/#post-17685958

Beautiful! I hope someone mods this in!

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
So over on the Gaming side there is a thread where people are feeding video game character portraits to an Nvidia deep-learning AI program that reconstructs facial features with CGI.

Someone fed the machine Ken's character select portrait. Not even HAL 9000 can fix Ken's face:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/po...arning-nvidia-inpainting.98368/#post-17685958

Browsing through that thread some more... I think Nvidia put Lucebuce out of a job
xPv54q8.png

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, I wouldn't necessarily expect anything from Evo Japan. In fact, I think expecting some reveal here is giving them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't want to make a bigger deal for the S4 launch 2 months ago because they were holding back for this smaller event. Not sure that's how it'd be.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell is going on with this game
Sold below expectations, has stagnated in many ways, they've shot themselves in the foot in as many ways, and we're basically in the ultimate year of support based on what they had outlined prior to the game's launch. Budget would have been reduced accordingly. Things are dying down. Unfortunately, possibly not with a bang, but with a whimper. A lot of it is plainly reflected (notable reduction in DLC, FM system weirdness, lack of "big" elements in S4, etc.).

Internally, many of the folk behind the scenes have likely moved on to an upcoming project which will usurp SFV in the future. For now, we're going to get some more stuff, but support is definitely progressively being reduced.

The hope is that they take the lessons they learned from SFV to heart, and that the new leadership for the FG division can make a big, positive splash when it comes time for it.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I love SFV, but i hope Capcom is preparing SF6 for next gen to deliver a top notch fighting game from day one.
I don't see any other possibilities for Capcom other then dedicate their full ressources of the fighting game division on this legendary franchise to get where it belongs: on top.

New Capcom will do this. Just make an all around great game, there is no other solution.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I don't have faith in SFVI's longevity if SFV gets abandoned before it hits the 3 year mark. I hope they're working on the next game too, but they can't leave SFV up in the air like this and expect everybody to be all in on the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.