• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have faith in SFVI's longevity if SFV gets abandoned before it hits the 3 year mark. I hope they're working on the next game too, but they can't leave SFV up in the air like this and expect everybody to be all in on the next game.
They're definitely not abandoning the game. We already have confirmation that there are more characters after Kage coming out, for example, and they're still doing extra battle stuff. There's likely gonna be a new balance patch sooner than later, and we're gonna still get new costumes and maybe a stage here and there.

It's just that, support is obviously dwindling. And it's natural; this isn't Fortnite or some hugely successful game which can be supported in perpetuity. It's gonna make it to 2020, but that's where I think things might hit an actual wall. 4 years is a good run for a fighting game that had a spectacular mess of a start like SFV.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The small hope that I have that I know will be left unfulfilled because this is Street Fighter V, is that all of this season's new characters will drop at once alongside the arcade version of the game, and that's why they've been weird about season passes and stuff. Sagat + G could have been an indication of this. But it's not gonna happen.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
The small hope that I have that I know will be left unfulfilled because this is Street Fighter V, is that all of this season's new characters will drop at once alongside the arcade version of the game, and that's why they've been weird about season passes and stuff. Sagat + G could have been an indication of this. But it's not gonna happen.

That would be incredible and make up for all of this silence. It would be right around the start of the CPT season too. If the last major update we got for this game was that, I'd be more than happy.

Too good to be true tho.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I don't have faith in SFVI's longevity if SFV gets abandoned before it hits the 3 year mark. I hope they're working on the next game too, but they can't leave SFV up in the air like this and expect everybody to be all in on the next game.

If you like the game, you keep playing, like any other fighting game, past and present.

I will keep playing SFV if there are no more characters because I like the game. Just like old Capcom games that lost support that I liked.

Then 6 will kill 5, NRS styles, hehe.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly no different than the people wanting to believe the bogus rumors that Capcom was gonna release two free characters or some shit.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I think you could make a lame play Laura work. There's a guy I fight occasionally in casuals who plays a really good defensive Ken.

That Justin Wong video came at a good time for me, I've been trying to improve my neutral game for the past few weeks. I've made it to Platinum, but the gimmicks that worked in Gold/Platinum are tough to pull off against Super Platinum players and are no-sells to the Diamond+ players I've fought on Battle Lounge.

It's been tough slowing myself down and focusing more on the ground neutral game. My Last-100 win rate dropped by 20%, which probably indicates how much I've been winning due only to my opponents having a weak AA game. Still I think I'm improving. I've noticed I'm getting better at reading when my opponents are getting ready to throw out a limb so I'm not just throwing random pokes out hoping for the best.

Justin put Laura at the bottom of his lame tier list:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
So over on the Gaming side there is a thread where people are feeding video game character portraits to an Nvidia deep-learning AI program that reconstructs facial features with CGI.

Someone fed the machine Ken's character select portrait. Not even HAL 9000 can fix Ken's face:

keninpaintedy6jye.png

https://www.resetera.com/threads/po...arning-nvidia-inpainting.98368/#post-17685958

https://www.resetera.com/threads/po...arning-nvidia-inpainting.98368/#post-17685958
That's Handsome Squidward.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Our dojo's rank is at the lowest it's been yet (well out of top 100), but considering the lack of incentive that Capcom's providing everyone with to log in weekly anymore, I suppose it's not much of a surprise.

Oggy

Oct 28, 2017
U.S.
So many people have seen that mix up that it doesn't work as much for me anymore. The mix up is still good, but I have to stay in front more often.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
They wimped out by not going full fundoshi on the backside of Ryu's Jin alt. 😒

It's still amazing though. 💁‍♂️

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ironic that you respond to a post that says "messed up big time" with a gif that includes Dojima getting smacked in the head. Daigo totally deserved it ;)

Meanwhile, SFV is really being annoying with lack of Fight Money now. I've got enough for Guts Man and probably the next good costume after that, but then I'm pretty much out of luck :(

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'd love to play Yakuza, but there's too much shady, borderline homophobic shit.

I think they're trying to fix it, but I dunno. There's that one side quest where you help a lesbian lady be true to herself, but then there's all that other stereotypical stuff with male NPCs. :/
For whatever its worth, they've removed some content from the recent remasters that was considered transphobic and the localizations really are doing a great job at making the protagonists more accepting people.

There's still an element of machismo at the centre of the series which I doubt will go away considering the series started out aimed at older japanese men and that target hasn't entirely changed. But they have at least grown a little.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
For whatever its worth, they've removed some content from the recent remasters that was considered transphobic and the localizations really are doing a great job at making the protagonists more accepting people.

There's still an element of machismo at the centre of the series which I doubt will go away considering the series started out aimed at older japanese men and that target hasn't entirely changed. But they have at least grown a little.
I don't have any problem with machismo, as long as it's not at the expense of anyone else. I encourage them to keep fighting shirtless (and sans pants) as much as they like. Maybe have Kiryu become a stripper in the next one, and I'll be his manager.

I might try that Judge Eyes, or whatever. WE'LL SEE I GUESS.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I don't have any problem with machismo, as long as it's not at the expense of anyone else. I encourage them to keep fighting shirtless (and sans pants) as much as they like. Maybe have Kiryu become a stripper in the next one, and I'll be his manager.
Kiryu's already voiced a yaoi game in Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2. And he was almost a male model in Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2.

And yes, you need to try JUDGE EYES. Else I'll just have to come to the land of Maple Syrup and send you a copy myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.