• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Kiryu's already voiced a yaoi game in Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2. And he was almost a male model in Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2.

And yes, you need to try JUDGE EYES. Else I'll just have to come to the land of Maple Syrup and send you a copy myself.
Almost? That sounds tragic. Until he's a headlining GoGo boy, promoting his OnlyFans page on Twitter, and splashed acrossed Hunk Channel's latest releases, then he's not even doing the bare minimum to become a gay icon.

Also please feel free to send me as much free stuff as possible, as I'm practically homeless. 💁‍♂️

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
>Capcom adds music to Spotify

>No G Theme

IgMyx.gif

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Tbf it's not botched, it's just that the Arcade Edition soundtrack only includes character themes up to Falke. For one reason or another (perhaps bc they weren't finished composing/recording/mixing G and Sagat's themes), the final two S3 characters don't have musical representation on the OST and it was probably a lot easier to just upload the existing OST (which has been on iTunes and other digital platforms for a while now) rather than having to mix and code those two extra tracks.

That said, it is a TRAVESTY that we still don't have a full version of President of the World. Capcom shelled out to get Deltron and didn't even capitalize on the promotional opportunity by putting the track up for sale. It's not even on YouTube or w.e!

nded

Nov 14, 2017
That's basically Capcom's entire MO when it comes to this game. Do all the work and then forget to make it available to paying customers until they get yelled at.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf it's not botched, it's just that the Arcade Edition soundtrack only includes character themes up to Falke. For one reason or another (perhaps bc they weren't finished composing/recording/mixing G and Sagat's themes), the final two S3 characters don't have musical representation on the OST and it was probably a lot easier to just upload the existing OST (which has been on iTunes and other digital platforms for a while now) rather than having to mix and code those two extra tracks.

That said, it is a TRAVESTY that we still don't have a full version of President of the World. Capcom shelled out to get Deltron and didn't even capitalize on the promotional opportunity by putting the track up for sale. It's not even on YouTube or w.e!

I've already given up hope on getting any kind of full version of a trailer song if it doesn't make it into the game.

Like all of the Super trailer remixes. (These are nowhere near as good as I remember, oh well)

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Some grunt level employee probably has the full president of the world track tucked away on external hard drive or something. There is more to the song because they played some of it during one of those Capcom cup videos they uploaded. They just haven't released it for some damn reason.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, in this current week the Extra Battle features the 4th and last piece and the related Cyberbots music track.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought SFV would kill SFV for me. It didn't.
I thought DBFZ would kill SFV for me. It didn't.
I thought Tekken 7 would kill SFV for me. It didn't.

Apex killed it for me. Press F to pay respects.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Just in time for Blanka's birthday, it was discovered he has a bug that can cause infinite combos. Blanka can cancel out of his super into his hop without apparently consuming meter. It still causes the game to freeze for the non-existent CA startup animation which allows the Blanka player to extend combos indefinitely.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Like I didn't already hate Blanka enough. Between this and the Videl/Base Goku glitch in DBFZ, would be nice to have one reasonably active fighter to play online without potentially running into someone itching to use a gamebreaking bug. Don't feel like going back to SCVI until they get off their asses and announce Cassandra already instead of patching things that they don't need to because online players keep whining, and aside from hating the patch notes from BBTAG now that they felt like making actual changes (wound up being full of the exact sort of stupid rebalancing decisions that usually make me hate Arc fighters that I used to enjoy and thought would happen to DBFZ instead), I doubt that many stayed or intend to come back for their too little too late measures to finally kill Team Gorby.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I thought SFV would kill SFV for me. It didn't.
I thought DBFZ would kill SFV for me. It didn't.
I thought Tekken 7 would kill SFV for me. It didn't.

Apex killed it for me. Press F to pay respects.

Apex is on some next level ass polish, man. With the snow up here in Seattle, I've had a huge chunk of time to play and take it all in. The last time I played something and knew instantly it was "special" was Fallout New Vegas. Apex is a legit classic already. No extra dlc needed.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Wonder how long this stays in the game with capcom seemingly not wanting to say or do anything in regards to updates/info right now.

...poor Dhalsim

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long this stays in the game with capcom seemingly not wanting to say or do anything in regards to updates/info right now.

If Capcom patches it out within a week; Capcom still cares about SFV.
If Capcom patches it out prior to SFV League or Capcom Cup; Capcom only cares about eSports SFV
If Capcom takes 6+ months to patch it out; SFV is truly dead.

If they can implement it in a way that's not blatantly broken, hell yeah. This shit is hilarious.

3-Bar V-Trigger; 2 or 3 uses. That could work.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That bug is what I thought G's v-trigger was going to be when Bengus drew that picture of him with a stopwatch

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If Capcom patches it out within a week; Capcom still cares about SFV.
If Capcom patches it out prior to SFV League or Capcom Cup; Capcom only cares about eSports SFV
If Capcom takes 6+ months to patch it out; SFV is truly dead.
They release the arcade version of the game next month, they must be busy working on it. Looking at their Steam QA servers activity here we can see they have been very active since the last big update back in December, sending new builds of the game to their testers even during weekends. The last time they updated a QA server with a new build was yesterday. I did this chart to try to find patterns between their QA server uploads and game updates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MvS2koGXjXpcil1VmANJRNn7SzdDyEijAV9drFfYf-w/edit?usp=sharing

There isn't a clear pattern to predict exactly when the new update is going to be, specially considering they didn't release a new game port in the middle of the development before as we'll see very soon -which should require extra time until the next update-, but if we count the number of QA server updates between releases seems likely that very soon (maybe in just a few days or weeks) we may get a big ass 29GiB+ full client update that I assume (just a personal guess) it may enable the compatibility with the arcade version and maybe also the next character. Next month we also have the first CPT event so maybe they may release the CPT 2019 DLC bundle, being very likely one the of the 9 unreleased dlc bundles they already uploaded to their Steam servers.

The game just shipped/sold 700K units last quarter, has an active, steady playerbase since launch looking at Steam concurrent users, its arcade version is almost here, they are going to start Capcom Pro Tour 2019 and in addition to Capcom Cup this year they are also going to have the Japanese and US Street Fighter Leagues. And datamining we found placeholders for the next 5 characters, 18 costumes and a stage so they seem to be working in at least them. SFV isn't dead at all.

They also released a new character and new season update like a month and a half ago, and both Gutsman and Jin Saotome costumes since them. So please have some patience, their lack of communication about future game content may suck but they are working on it.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
They release the arcade version of the game next month, they must be busy working on it. Looking at their Steam QA servers activity here we can see they have been very active since the last big update back in December, sending new builds of the game to their testers even during weekends. I did this chart to try to find patterns between their QA server uploads and game updates: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MvS2koGXjXpcil1VmANJRNn7SzdDyEijAV9drFfYf-w/edit?usp=sharing

There isn't a clear pattern to predict exactly when the new update is going to be, specially considering they didn't release a new game port in the middle of the development before as we'll see very soon -which should require extra time until the next update-, but if we count the number of QA server updates between releases seems likely that very soon (maybe in just a few days or week) we may get a big ass 29GiB+ full client update that I assume (just a personal guess) it may enable the compatibility with the arcade version and maybe also the next character. Next month we also have the first CPT event so maybe they may release the CPT 2019 DLC bundle.

The game just shipped/sold 700K units last quarter, has an active, steady playerbase since launch looking at Steam concurrent users, its arcade version is almost here, they are going to start Capcom Pro Tour 2019 and in addition to Capcom Cup this year they are also going to have the Japanese and US Street Fighter Leagues. And datamining we found placeholders for the next 5 characters, 18 costumes and a stage so they seem to be working in at least them. SFV isn't dead at all.

They also released a new character and new season update like a month and a half ago, and both Gutsman and Jin Saotome costumes since them. So please have some patience, their lack of communication about future game content may suck but they are working on it.

1 stage again, damn it and we already know its the CPT stage.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Capcom just announced that they are working to fix the Blanka bug soon:

Thanks to this tweet I noticed they have a website to inform about the state of known issues: http://game.capcom.com/sfv_support/en/index.html
1 stage again, damn it and we already know its the CPT stage.

There's a new CPT season so it's very likely that they would release a CPT bundle similar to the ones we got from previous seasons (the 2018 one was released around April), that would include a ring/stadium type stage.

But other than this assumption, what do we have about this placeholder stage to think it's the CPT stage and not one of the remaining stages that as of now are story mode exclusive, a brand new stage or a nostalgia one?

They can add new stages or characters without including placeholders for them before. Having there one placeholder doesn't mean they are only going to a single stage this year, they could add more.

Last edited:

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
In the near future for Capcom can mean tomorrow or next month. Luckily, Blanka za warudo has become a little meme it seems and most are laughing at the ridiculousness of it. Imagine if it was Laura or something, most people would be freaking pissed. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.