• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Aside from Gief blocking a sword with this chest, there's nothing memorable about SFV's story mode. It's a 3-hour trash-a-ton of incompetent writing, babby's first attempt at cut-scene direction, horrendously-proportioned character models that were never meant to be looked at from those angles (ditto for the shit-looking scenery), and one-round fights of fighting a brainless CPU.

Nah MKX is better-made and is more entertaining in every single way and by an order of magnitude.

Both trash. But I can remember SFV's trash. Like Necalli was a jello sheep monster. That shit is horrible, but easy to remember. I can't remember most of MKX's trash. I remember MK9's more than both combined tho.

Kage a season 3 character confirmed (Ryu is also a season 3 character because he didn't exist in season 2).

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It was super weird how indifferent Guile seemed to be about Charlie being around. Dude almost abandoned his family to avenge this other dude and you'd think that would warrant more of a reaction than returning his dog tags.

The Guile/Nash story (anti) climax was a disgrace.

I think most story modes are pure schlock, but at least some try to honor the lore they establish. That's the bare minimum to expect, but SFV's couldn't even do that. Dude's whole character design since the beginning revolved around his search for Nash and they treated it like an afterthought. If they can't even at least make an effort to hit one of their series' key plot points, they shouldn't even bother.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
A reminder, Nash was able to beat Bison who's at his strongest in Alpha 2 in a 1v1.

Only to sacrifice himself and not hurt Bison in SFV.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Well, that's...how you start the fight and finish it quickly.
giphy.gif

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
God, ANOTHER week with the 10 Battle Lounge win challenge? Fuck off Capcom. We all know that challenge is basically a space filler since the FM you earn from it is the same as the FM from 10 casual/ranked wins anyways. Not a coincidence we keep seeing this challenge since the weekly FM nerf.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
God, ANOTHER week with the 10 Battle Lounge win challenge? Fuck off Capcom. We all know that challenge is basically a space filler since the FM you earn from it is the same as the FM from 10 casual/ranked wins anyways. Not a coincidence we keep seeing this challenge since the weekly FM nerf.
I make a point of skipping that one every time it shows up.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
do we have stats that show how many people dropped off since the FM nerf? i'm curious how many people log on weekly now.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about stats, but it definitely takes longer for me to find matches lately (and results in running into the same people more than what used to be the case).

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Watching local nbc news and there's a esports fight going on right now. Nor cal vs So cal. In L.A. there's suppose to air this after Saturday Night live so I'm thinking 1 am. But nbc bay area is reporting this

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Yeah, it's being advertised the past few weeks. That said, it's going on at Esports Arena in Oakland, not SoCal.

I'm assuming Levelup will be streaming for those outside of California.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Has there been any update on S4?
In addition to the poster, the last stuff we got is CPT DLC bundle, A lot of costumes, a Final Fight stage and the EX8 color.

The arcade version will be released this Thursday, and Final Round (first CPT event of this year) is the day after it, this next weekend. We expect to see some announcement there. My personal guess is that they'll announce there the next S4 character and if lucky maybe some additional stuff that may have included due to the arcade release.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I've said "fuck arcades" for a while. From this to Tekken to BBTAG to other games whose last revision is stuck there... Arcades are a glorious relic of last century that should be in a museum, not in anyone's business plan in 2019.

And that's the attitude why it's still strife in Japan while we're stuck with "Raw Thrill" Arcades

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
if capcom is dragging their feet all because of the arcade version, then fuck arcades now and forever
Who said they are dragging their feet? They have been releasing stuff and looking at the datamining findings they still have a good amount of content coming. In addition to this, Capcom is constantly doubing down their eSports efforts to support the game.

During the recent months their speed releasing new characters decreased a bit, very likely because they had to dedicate part of these resources to release the arcade version, but that's all. The arcade version has the v4.021, received the same updates than the console and PC version and will be connected to internet to allow Japanese arcade players to fight people from the other arcades across Japan and you'll be able to use there your costumes and colors from the home version. So it will also get the same upcoming updates as the home version. The game won't be stuck in that version and it won't stuck the home version.

I've said "fuck arcades" for a while. From this to Tekken to BBTAG to other games whose last revision is stuck there... Arcades are a glorious relic of last century that should be in a museum, not in anyone's business plan in 2019.
Well, I'm developing a game that will be also be released in arcade version, and I'm helping to build a videogame museum with over 300 arcades + retro computers and consoles. Modern arcades have a pc inside that can be connected to internet to update the games. Thanks to modern game engines and pc-like hardware architecture of consoles, both PC, console and arcade versions of the game are basically the same. If a company decides to stop updating a game it isn't because of the arcade version. It's because they think it's more profitable for them to move their resources to the next game than to continue updating a game that only a few people would play.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Type Arcade is as big a deal as some people are making it out to be. If it was launching with new characters or modes we'd know about them by now. At best I'm expecting a character reveal at Final Round and a release a few weeks later, but I don't think it'll be tied to Type Arcade.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's gonna be a problem if all they have to show is a single new character. We need something more right now.
  • Reveal of all S4 characters.
  • Something that can qualify as an "S4.5" from an overall game systems and balance perspective.
  • Variety of new costumes/stages.
Something, because it's getting kinda boring if you don't just care about watching pros and/or the CPT.

Status
Not open for further replies.