• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They just announced another cost... UNIQLO x SFII & SFV t-shirts collection, and it features a really cool promotional art:
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/news/132716?lang=en

This promotional art is also shown in-game, as the new loading screen ads (12 FM). There are also UNIQLO logos stage ads (4FM) but no costume ads.

ut_0004.jpg

ut_0000.jpg

ut_0002.jpg

P.S.: E.Honda appears several times there, I wonder if it's another hint.

Capcom Unity update post tomorrow or nah?
I don't think so. i bet that since Type Arcade is something for Japan only they won't even mention it in CapcomUnity and that won't feature a lot of exclusive stuff or that they will release a lot of important content or features linked to that release.

And at Final Round I think maximum we'll get a trailer for the next character, and they may release him maybe next week. As always, if we're lucky and this character comes with a related stage then it would appear in that trailer.

So are we really going to have Type Arcade launch come-and-go with no news from Capcom?
As I remember they had an event in Japan next week to showcase SFVTA. Since the arcade version is for Japan only I assume they won't make any related announcement targeting worldwide audience. As we know, the main features of the arcade verstion is that the game is the first one to use that new Nesica card, that you can bring your own pad or arcade stick, that you can use there your PSN/Steam account to use costumes and colors and that it has a mode to fight other people playing in other arcades nationwide. Other than that and a more limited menu with less game modes, I think the game is the same 4.021 version that we have at least until now.

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if Capcom started off with those Uniqlo promos when they implemented sponsored content last December.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I datamined this tiny update and they only added the assets for these ads (stadium/ring stages and the 3 loading screens). So even if they made the promotional art with E.Honda and Vega they decided to don't include them in the game. It isn't even hidden.

Does it mean they will release E.Honda soonish and decided to keep it for later? Does it mean they decided to don't use the E.Honda illustration because they don't plan to include him in-game so they don't want to include something that may be received as a tease for something that won't be released so it would be misleading?

If the t-shirt promotion starts April 15th why does the in-game ads end on April's 1st? Maybe they plan to replace on April's 2nd with another round of Uniqlo ads using different assets that would feature a certain fat, Japanese character that they plan to release around that day, a Tuesday?

Mmm... now I see that the t-shirts shown in Capcom's site (2 of them featuring Honda) aren't the same than in the Uniqlo website (don't feature Honda):

Edit: The reason is that in Capcom's website they show the back of the t-shirt.

Capcom:
ut_all.jpg

Uniqlo:
J25HxmM.png

Is there a new character behind Ryu and Chun in this image from the Uniqlo website?
1903121000-19SS_UT_STREETFIGHTER_panel_tag.jpg

Who knows. Let's wait and see.

Imagine if Capcom started off with those Uniqlo promos when they implemented sponsored content last December.
People would have complained, as people will complain now again once ads are back. People will keep hating SFV until they release SFVI, it's the Capcom cycle.

In my case, I think they made a great improvement with the ads. No embarassing logos in costumes and instead super cool exclusive SF illustrations for the loadings and well integrated logos for the backgrounds, plus an average of 14FM per fight played. I think it's the way to do them, maybe increasing a bit the FM reward.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that Honda shirt makes a hell of a lot more sense now considering Ryu's on the front

Edit: I hope the arms go all the way around the dhalsim shirt

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to be the only happy person here when Decapre is released after Final Round on Sunday <3

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
People would have complained, as people will complain now again once ads are back. People will keep hating SFV until they release SFVI, it's the Capcom cycle.

In my case, I think they made a great improvement with the ads. No embarassing logos in costumes and instead super cool exclusive SF illustrations for the loadings and well integrated logos for the backgrounds, plus an average of 14FM per fight played. I think it's the way to do them, maybe increasing a bit the FM reward.

People are justified in complaining about the ads in the game. It has nothing to do with "hating SFV". There are plenty of people that like the game and find the concept distasteful. The ads are gross and don't belong in a paid game, regardless of how the product is themed. Doesn't matter if they are SF shirts or Pringles.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I kinda wish they went the extra mile kinda, and had characters wear the actual shirts with a different outfit as a choice. The lounging weekend costume pack. Sweat pants and a t-shirt, man.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the ad content will be available in two rounds, each lasting 3 weeks. I guess the second round is meant to coincide with the next Premier event?

I wonder how much the FM limit will be this time? Last time I maxed out at about 1,300 FM from 150 casual matches.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looks like the ad content will be available in two rounds, each lasting 3 weeks. I guess the second round is meant to coincide with the next Premier event?

I wonder how much the FM limit will be this time? Last time I maxed out at about 1,300 FM from 150 casual matches.

It's weird that they release the shirts on April 15th.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Capcom did that whole ARG-like thing leading up to the G reveal (which also ended up being doubled with Sagat)?

Fun times.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, tomorrow is the SFV Type Arcade release. Do we have people in this thread from Japan who can check out tomorrow if the arcade has any surprise feature or content?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, tomorrow is the SFV Type Arcade release. Do we have people in this thread from Japan who can check out tomorrow if the arcade has any surprise feature or content?
Seems like most arcades open at 10 AM JST, so that'd be in 11 hours, unless there's some midnight event for certain arcades.

This page says that the launch will just be the current console version, so I doubt there'll be anything special: https://enotakagame.info/sfv-ac-start#i-2

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Seems like most arcades open at 10 AM JST, so that'd be in 11 hours, unless there's some midnight event for certain arcades.

This page says that the launch will just be the current console version, so I doubt there'll be anything special: https://enotakagame.info/sfv-ac-start#i-2
Thanks! Yes, it's what I saw: like the PS4 version, it's mostly the PC version with some tweaks and changes. This time, it should be the current 4.021 with another menu allowing you to fight people online both from that local arcade or from all the ones around Japan, using your own pad or stick and using your home SFV account through that new Nesica card.

Please let us know if there is some other difference or addition. :)

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
The only changes in Type A that is uses BP/PP ranking system. Other than, it should perform better than the PS4 version which would mostly cause issues with dsync playing matches between the hardware.

Also Final Round is this weekend. No teaser or anything.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Wait, someone translate for me! Did Tokido just get sponsored by Sony Music?!

If so, I want a Tokido rap album STAT. Or Tokido sings enka. That must be part of the contract.

EDIT: Wait, there's more?! Just in time for Final Round this weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.