• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks again!

I guess our only chance is that, "doing something different this time" means radio silence until the actual trailer is shown.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Ono's in Japan attending an e-Sports festival. That surely means that no Blanka pockets update is irrelevant, doesn't it?

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SFV is dead huh, had a decent run I guess!

Anyways, this was pretty neat. Like a Street Fighter choreography.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on which costume is next after Leo? I'm looking forward to getting the Leo costume, maybe Capcom could see their way to remastering/porting Warzard finally.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

There's nothing in Blanka's pocket. RIP SFV.

I see a big, monster Blanka in that tweet image.
Any word on which costume is next after Leo? I'm looking forward to getting the Leo costume, maybe Capcom could see their way to remastering/porting Warzard finally.
They didn't announce anything, but datamining we know that with Leo they added placeholders for 10 more crossover characters (each with their own music track) to Extra Battle. So I don't know who are they going to be, but I'd bet they'll add a crossover character after Leo.

In addition to this, we know that someone will get a "classic" costume (not "Nostalgia", leading to think it's going to be a Fighting change costume) and that Shadow Lady (Chun-Li palette swap with some extra move like Shadow Charlie, both from Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter) seems that will be added to the Extra Battle bosses in addition to the already known Shadow, "The master" (Ryu on steroids with new CA) and Shin Bison.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for keeping hope alive.
You're welcome. Notice that the Blanka in the image is huge, so his pocket should be huge too xDD

P.S.: I'm preparing my Ono costume. Please make sure your Kenzo Tsujimoto cosplay is ready, you're going to be the new CEO of Capcom.

We'll kidnap and impersonate them to anounce that starting tomorrow 5 new characters and 5 new stages will be released each month, that Xbox and Switch ports are coming with crossplay since day one, that we'll include World Tour, Online Training, Tournament and Time Attack modes for Evo, main story and character story modes vol 2, that SFV vanilla is going to be free for everyone permanently starting tomorrow, that we'll select 1000 local SFV tournaments to give them $1000 prize pool to each one, that the arcade version will be released worldwide, that FM rewards will be doubled and maybe something else.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
New classic stage announced:

The epic grass stage from the Street Fighter II Animated Movie and Street Fighter Alpha 2.
One of the many stages that X-Kira said while ago that were coming.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Get used to it. We'll be seeing it a lot.
I'm cool with that though.

Good way to start. Keep it rolling Capcom.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

giphy.gif

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Regarding the stage trailer, notice it has a SFAlpha intro-like cinematic at the end. Let's hope they use it in-game for something.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
SFV is the actual best game. If they sneak a rendition of Alpha 2 theme for this stage I'm going to LI Joe the fuck out.
Compare the music of the trailer with the original one, it doesn't seem to be the same:

Consider also that if I'm not wrong all (edit: non-character specific stages) SFV stages have 2 music tracks, the normal one and the alternative.

Regarding the song of the trailer isn't a version of that one, it's instead main SFA2 theme version:

It would be great to add extra Arcade paths for SFA2 and other games.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Compare the music of the trailer with the original one, it doesn't seem to be the same:

It's the same music used for the ending of the Alpha path in arcade mode. I'd like to believe they'll still make an original theme for the stage considering Sakura, Sagat, and Bison's stages got them despite having character themes already.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Consider also that if I'm not wrong all (edit: non-character specific stages) SFV stages have 2 music tracks, the normal one and the alternative.

Regarding the song of the trailer isn't a version of that one, it's instead main SFA2 theme version:

It would be great to add extra Arcade paths for SFA2 and other games.

One of Capcom's best stage themes and stages in general! This is a nice surprise.

This (awesome) official Sagat arrangement to me has always seemed inspired by the remix in SFA2.

The music in the trailer is already in the game btw, it plays during the Alpha ladder in Arcade mode.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's the same music used for the ending of the Alpha path in arcade mode. I'd like to believe they'll still make an original theme for the stage considering Sakura, Sagat, and Bison's stages got them despite having character themes already.

One of Capcom's best stage themes and stages in general! This is a nice surprise.

This (awesome) official Sagat arrangement to me has always seemed inspired by the remix in SFA2.

The music in the trailer is already in the game btw, it plays during the Alpha ladder in Arcade mode.

I see, thanks for sharing

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Might as well also include the opening fight from the SF2 anime that this stage was based on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vTYCndriVw

You can't get too mad at Sagat though. It was 1994, frame data and tech wasn't readily available yet. I don't think he knew that you can't safe jump Ryu's DP.

But if he held a grudge for Ryu all these years because he thought he was just a crazy masher then he no longer has my sympathy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.