• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Capcom to push the boat out and make either of these two happen:

Hauzer totally needs to be an Abigail alt just for the sheer stupidity of it.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Pretty crazy that red earth never was released outside of the arcade.
On the costume side :
Kongou = Abigail
Hydron = Dhalsim
Hauzer = Zangief
Scion = Bison
One thing I would love to see is if we were to get stages instead of costumes but

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
They're really sticking with the whole character ban thing. (SFL overview trailer)

Interesting. I don't immediately support the character bans but after seeing several top tier players using multiple character (Momochi, Punk, KnuckleDu, Itabashi Zangeif, Smug), I don't think it'll be too detrimental at the point in SFV's life.

So who are the captains going to be (if I understand the process correctly):
1) KnucleDu
2) JWong
3) Punk
4) iDOM
5) BrianTOI
6) Newphew

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FA093-DBA-39-A2-4-A4-C-96-CE-811-ED99-F4-E97.jpg

MOV late at night.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like they take advantage of this tiny Warzard push to get rid of the awful localization. It's probably too late for Vampire, but can we at least revert Kenji and Tessa to their original names?
At least for the heroes. For the enemies.......... yeah, it's a bit complicated.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It will never not be bullshit that they bother to make two different character models for each of Zeku's costumes but they didn't do the same for Mika and Nadeshiko.
To be fair, you actually play as Zeku, and those alternate costumes are just the default ones with missing/added layers.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not able to get the Leo costume tokens right now, but at least I can get Kenji. Hopefully it shows up again in the future.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Five hours to put a stage in.

According to Google Translate the Japanese page specifies "DLC delivery etc"
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132722

The new stage, Kenji costume and who knows if something else.

As I remember the current Uniqlo ads end on March 31st, if they have another set to play just after them I assume they will be included in this update. As I remember one of the recently added costume DLC bundles was going to expire this March, so it's safe to assume they'll remove it that day. Who knows if they'll replace it with another costume DLC bundle (a Mega Man bundle maybe?).

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the patch will contain a few more of the datamined costumes. I was right about Kenji:
Assuming Kira is right about the costumes (he usually is), the fact that they each have a unique label makes me think they're going to be crossover costumes.

These are the best choices I can think of...
I'm having trouble thinking of a good fit for Laura. Trish makes sense, but she already has a Gloria costume.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe the patch will contain a few more of the datamined costumes. I was right about Kenji:
Remember that with the current update they already added placeholders for the next 10 crossover costumes for Extra Battle to be released after Leo, each with their music track. This means that unless they put more than one new costume at the same time, if they put them with only one new costume after another at the same time non stop we'd have crossover costumes in Extra Battle until mid February 2020 just with the ones already listed in the placeholders.

In this update they also added a few additional costumes that were likely to be paid costumes (as I remember there was even more already there), plus a "classic" one (name that received the Fighting Chance nostalgia costumes for the 4 kings).

Regarding your matches, I think they fit perfectly, but I'd choose Menat for Mei Ling. I'd choose Karin for Tessa/Tabasa.

Last edited:

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I was in a poor mood earlier from wasting 1000 FM on the silver soldier with Necalli, one of my only lower level characters remaining whom I also don't use at all. Lesson learned: time overs DO NOT count as victories against the soldiers. Then I kept playing casual matches and eventually made a Kage player rage quit, so feeling better about myself right about now.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
US machines? They always sit in Japan arcades.
These sit down cabinets are in America, I wanted to try out T7 few years ago, but didn't like sitting down, comfy couch gaming in my house is natural in the same way standing in the arcades, plus growing up in NYC, so much shit has gone down at arcades you want to be on the move, i have seen my share of fights and some of the arcades i used to frequent were close down due to people getting murdered in gang shoot outs..

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
It really is. I even feel suffocated and overwhelmed even watching that Final Round top 8 again. His ground game is so good.

I remember playing his Karin and just being so....motivated despite being on the losing end of the set. I held my own, but he seemed to be ready for everything and boy did it show. Playing against people like Punk just makes you want to become a better player.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Anyone else think Birdie's VT2 is way too good for two bars now? Not good enough to be a 3 bar though. Maybe just reducing it by one use or something would make it more reasonable.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think Birdie's VT2 is way too good for two bars now? Not good enough to be a 3 bar though. Maybe just reducing it by one use or something would make it more reasonable.
It's way too good for 2 bars (especially considering his V-Skill), but bad for 3 bars. It's like Abigail, where his VT2 is bad for 3 bars but would turn into Birdie's with 2 bars. There's definitely a balancing act to be made there.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

"You didn't create that situation, I outplayed you"

That's SFV in a nutshell. Akuma gets a free fireball cancel into jump in pressure...why? Because I hit him enough times?

Also, that last round of CeroBlast's losers match was crazy. He legit jumps in 5 times in a row.

I know it looks like I'm trying to say Cero is scrubby, but I think he's good at playing "the tempo" of SFV. If you look at some shazyy Cody matches, you see a lot of wild stuff that looks scrubby. But that's this game. The reward for insanity massively out paces waiting/reacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.