• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
This season's balance combined with this game being old enough for the players to know how each other react probably makes 2019 the most exciting year yet for this game as a spectator.

Fujiimura adapting on the fly several times against 801Strider was great as well as Daigo v Problem X. I'd like a Tokido/Daigo rematch grand finals tomorrow.

Also wasn't this the first Kage showing in the CPT? Sako did really good work here for being one of the "worst" characters in the game.

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
When was the last time Daigo won a major with Guile in SFV? Is he still top 10? Seems like forever since he won something.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty crazy how close folks can get in basketball compared to other sports.
Yep, in soccer people is pretty far and even sometimes there are fences and security people between the people and the field. But well, here in Europe there are stadiums which are pretty big (here in Barcelona we have one for over 100K people and often goes sold out) and sometimes a few people go nuts.

People screams and cheers but they already are a certain distance from the related mics so you don't listen very clear a specific person screaming louder than the commentators volume.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This season's balance combined with this game being old enough for the players to know how each other react probably makes 2019 the most exciting year yet for this game as a spectator.

Fujiimura adapting on the fly several times against 801Strider was great as well as Daigo v Problem X. I'd like a Tokido/Daigo rematch grand finals tomorrow.

Yep, in Final Round, Evo Japan and NCR (No Character Reveal) we saw many, many amazing matches even in the pools. Players are getting a super high level and often many important matches end with a pretty close result. There is also a very high character diversity, it's pretty common to see people playing mid, low and sometimes bottom tier characters.

Even here in Spain I saw some locals and there were some crazy matches. An awesome Fang won that local casual tournament and he was spectacular, I always though Fang was crap until I saw this guy playing.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
We all got good reason to be annoyed with how Capcom is handling this season, but I pity people who let that get in the way of them enjoying the game for what it is. SFV is giving us great Street Fighter now.

Well said. If you enjoy watching or playing the game, why let anything get in the way of that? Just keep enjoying it.

I'm very much looking forward to top 8 today. I hope Daigo can make a deeper run in loser's.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the shooting game has an extra boss if you can get through the whole thing without continuing. I'm not sure if it's just an April Fools joke character or someone legitimate, though.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the shooting game has an extra boss if you can get through the whole thing without continuing. I'm not sure if it's just an April Fools joke character or someone legitimate, though.
What do you mean? Akuma as he kills Bison? I didn't know that was an extra boss; the game was pretty easy.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are many Q's tho, and the one from 3rd strike is black skinned.
He's some blonde dude.

10021507.jpg

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

The smugness of that "stop crying, shit will come at Final Round" tweet straight rubbed me the wrong way. Fuck Logan and his preemptive damage control. I wasn't expecting shit but Logan is a shill fuck type dude ready to squash any negativity about the game no matter the merit of the criticism.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The smugness of that "stop crying, shit will come at Final Round" tweet straight rubbed me the wrong way. Fuck Logan and his preemptive damage control. I wasn't expecting shit but Logan is a shill fuck type dude ready to squash any negativity about the game no matter the merit of the criticism.

What expectations, lol?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In this case he's just stating the obvious though. Capcom's taking longer than usual to announce whatever's next, sure, doesn't mean we should randomly expect anything when zero hints were given.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017

Literally nothing wrong with that tweet. Calm down.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Awesome grand finals fight and tournament overall.

I saw almost 60K viewers at Capcom FighTwitch + Youtube during the finals. Adding FB and maybe some additional streams it seems to be pretty great numbers or a "dead" game for a tournament that isn't as big as Evo or Capcom Cup.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome grand finals fight and tournament overall.

I saw almost 60K viewers at Capcom FighTwitch + Youtube during the finals. Adding FB and maybe some additional streams it seems to be pretty great numbers or a "dead" game for a tournament that isn't as big as Evo or Capcom Cup.

I was looking during GF's, I always like to keep track of these things for fun. I like seeing how they compare to last year or even to just the previous events. Anyways I saw it peak at 66.7k during GF between just Twitch and YT. That's actually a higher peak than what I saw during Final Round which I remember being around 65k.

FB always has another 1-2k but I never look there. But anyways it's nice to see it improve. The number started much lower compared to Premiers that start at later times but didn't suffer a sharp drop like the ones that finish extremely late either. To maximize viewership I think the 7pm EST would be the best time slot. So we'll see what they do at the next US Premier event.

I like the earlier time slot!

It was a nice change but for Capcom's sake I hope they aim for the 7pm EST time slot instead in order to maximize viewership. I like playing and watching the game so I want it to thrive as much as possible and this is the time slot that gets the largest numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.