• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Another week
giphy.gif

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I would be a lot more fine with everything happening right now if not for Kage being this lingering fart on the development of the game.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
7 new, unknown DLC recently popped up on SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/310950/dlc/

They really don't have much left to bundle aside from maybe Mega Man, Fighting Chance, and Capcom Legends vol. 2 bundles, so I'm really curious as to what these will be for. For the past few DLC, they would appear on SteamDB 2-3 months before they were actually released, so we may be seeing these in June or July. Maybe E3 or Evo?

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
7 new, unknown DLC recently popped up on SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/310950/dlc/

They really don't have much left to bundle aside from maybe Mega Man, Fighting Chance, and Capcom Legends vol. 2 bundles, so I'm really curious as to what these will be for. For the past few DLC, they would appear on SteamDB 2-3 months before they were actually released, so we may be seeing these in June or July. Maybe E3 or Evo?

One of them should be the new summer swim costumes right?

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
No, we won't be seeing that til 2020 unless they suddenly do male swimsuits as there's 0 female characters without them right now.

Oh that's right! Well maybe they should do male ones then since they haven't done it.

Edit: Or maybe new female characters to give the costumes to! Believe! lol

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or simply more swimsuits for Sakura, Cammy, Chunli and co. They could call the package "Nostalgia swimsuit" and have it all be SF4 summer costumes.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The guys should get swimsuits.

Ken - flame print boardshorts, tank top
Vega - tiny swim briefs, unbuttoned shirt
Birdie - something jokey like a mankini or wet T-shirt
Guile - lifeguard outfit with visor and whistle
Abigail - arm floaties, skull print boardshorts
G - old-timey striped one piece swimsuit, boater hat

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not enough sexy Cody. Need more sexy Cody.

It would be funny if Urien, the only character who had a minimalist swimsuit almost on release, got a swimsuit that would cover him from head to toes, like these awkward early XXth century ones.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Or simply more swimsuits for Sakura, Cammy, Chunli and co. They could call the package "Nostalgia swimsuit" and have it all be SF4 summer costumes.
Definitely a possibility. Chun already has a second swimsuit outfit under the Vacation name. Vacation costumes for all women!

I do think one possibility could be Capcom listing the individual characters on the Steam storefront. That would fit with them saying they don't have plans for a season pass. It would also allow them to have sales on individual characters, and also let people gift characters. I do wish Capcom were more proactive about discounting individual dlc in the in-game shop.

There are also those old xkira rumors of lots of nostalgia stages coming. Field of Fate ended up being true, so maybe that giant list of stages will also come to fruition.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

As you can see in that page they now have 14 unknown DLCs, and some of them are really old.

I assume that the new ones may be Halloween 2019, Summer 2019 and Holiday 2019 costume bundles (since they release them every year), Mega Man Bundle and 3 more crossover bundles. Remember that recently they added placeholders for almost a dozen of unannounced Extra Battle crossover bundles.

But I wonder that the older ones are, specially the 462010 one, originally indluded next to the General Story one. Let's hope it's General Story vol 2.

I don't know why they add more content, Resetera told me SFV is dead. People isn't interested on it so nobody saw NCR. Oh, wait!

kfqwtyqd7qp21.png

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Swim bundles were 2016 and 2018. They skipped a year because they were waiting for more female characters.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Not giving F.A.N.G a Chinese rooster costume in 2017 (year of the rooster) will go down as one of SFV's biggest missed opportunities. He literally imitates a bird in his Critical Art!

Actually, F.A.N.G is missing a bunch of obvious alternate costumes. It's criminal that he still doesn't have jiangshi and plague doctor outfits.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
The sooner we take the fighting game out of Mortal Kombat, the better the brand will be. Seriously, give me an Arkham or Souls MK game or just a straight up brawler like Shaolin Monks again. Everyone I know loves nearly everything about the MK games outside of the fact that it's a fighting game. We love the art, the lore, the way moves look, the dialogue, and the cinematics, but don't like fighting each other for very long.

Not SFV but...like, is this even a scrub quote? Take the fighting game out of fighting games to save the genre I guess...

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Not SFV but...like, is this even a scrub quote? Take the fighting game out of fighting games to save the genre I guess...
Its clearly a personal opinion that everything besides the actual gameplay fascinates the person; its less scrub quote and more terrible opinion.

Tho maybe its time to take fighting games back to their single-player roots, to save the brand of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.