• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimX

Nov 11, 2017
ibYLqB6.jpg

RjwSabS.png

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If some day they end including E.Honda at some point it would be epic to include at the same time in-game Honda ads similar to the Uniqlo ones (no costumes and with awesome loading new Street Fighter illustrations, this time featuring E.Honda and jokes related to the car bonus stage. It also would be a great moment to include the car bonus stage too (with a Honda car).

It would be another case of including in-game advertisement in a fun, non-intrusive, well integrated way.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't speak Japanese but the SFV seems to say that the SFV joke minigame that we'll see next year is going to be a RPG:

If this is the case, it would be another item to add to the list of hints that lead us to think that Capcom plans to support the game for minimum another year more.

On another topic, as always he keeps tweeting some old stuff that I didn't see before, like a map of Sakura's house, a SF2 pachislot, Slammasters stuff, a SF2 pachinko or some original character design Nash rough sketches and more:

And he has been tweeting stuff for years, it's great to see someone in that position that invested on the game he's working on, doing all that research and sharing this stuff.

The Honda car (if actually branded that) license would be ridiculously expensive for them. Better to have a lookalike.
Instead of Capcom asking Honda to license for a racing game it would be Honda paying Capcom for in-game ads/product placement. In the same way that Redbull paid Capcom to have Redbull in-game costumes, or Uniqlo paid them to have in-game ads.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I don't speak Japanese but the SFV seems to say that the SFV joke minigame that we'll see next year is going to be a RPG:

If this is the case, it would be another item to add to the list of hints that lead us to think that Capcom plans to support the game for minimum another year more.

On another topic, as always he keeps tweeting some old stuff that I didn't see before, like a map of Sakura's house, a SF2 pachislot, a SF2 pachinko or some original character design Nash rough sketches

Instead of Capcom asking Honda to license for a racing game it would be Honda paying Capcom for in-game ads/product placement. In the same way that Redbull paid Capcom to have Redbull in-game costumes, or Uniqlo paid them to have in-game ads.

Nice dream, but I don't see Honda wanting to pay to advertise their cars getting smashed to pieces. Kudos if you could convince them otherwise though.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Toyota
Seems brands like Toyota or Volvo already paid for it in the past. Why Honda wouldn't do the same? Added a car insurace ad as bonus:

I know of those commercials. Having the cars in ads is fine.

Having a car smashed to pieces in the bonus stage... I kinda doubt they would pay Capcom for that. Which is what I said.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
"5 bar only"
> 3 bar connection
> 2 bar connection
> 4 bar connection

Thanks Capcom. I keep losing my win streaks against unplayable laggy shit.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any particular reason why Capcom thought it would be a good idea to have Alex's f+HP be +3 on block?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
What else does he have that's good? Just block or reversal.
Nothing about Alex is a good idea. Just let him have this one thing.
I guess.

Decided to go back to ranked myself, figured I had no excuses after that video posted of the Super Diamond blind player. Managed to get to Super Silver, that's not saying much but still progress after not bothering with attempting to League Up since last year.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good fit for a beach stage reveal (how about a Ken stage with a boat)?

Street Fighter League USA starts this week. This blue glow stuff effect makes me remember the blue effect applied to the characters when impacted by Rose's magic in SFIV. How about if they annouce there a new character to push this new Capcom eSports venue?

I'm starting to see things everywhere. Please Capcom, announce the next character or stage.

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

Last edited:

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sunset variant of the beach resort stage with swimsuits for all the men.

DO IT.
I see this as pretty likely, a variant would require them less effort than a brand new stage and for summer they always release swimsuit costumes. But instead of all, I assume they may do 5 or 6 men, whatever is the amount they use for these kind of costumes. I'd say all women already have swimsuit costumes so now it would be with men.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco screwed things up pretty badly with everything that isn't T7, it seems (Shueisha blocking tourneys until that got sorted out didn't help DBFZ, even if there's only so many times anyone wants to watch Bardock's Lv. 3, and Project Soul just don't know when to quit patching SCVI for one season). At least Bamco tried to keep content flow reasonably steady in DBFZ more than Arc did with BBTAG, and we didn't have to wait for an arcade version that won't see the light of day outside of Japan until the rest of us get any major changes.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any particular reason why Capcom thought it would be a good idea to have Alex's f+HP be +3 on block?

Same reason why every other CC heavy is + or just -2 on block.

It's been two years since S2 and Birdie's EX Bullhead is still safe on block for like has the cast of characters. It's funny to see how Birdie is now considered one of the best characters after Capcom Cup when I warned about him and been told he was just mid tier in this forum.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CPT has been really great this year so far. Excited about this League.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam

Damn, I almost always love the challenge mode costumes. Although like a lot of the folks replying, I'm a bit concerned about the fight money situation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.