• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, the only way we can get Capcom to communicate is by finding critical bugs.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I skipped out on the Leo costume, but I have no choice but to go for the Kenji.

I really stacked a LOT of Fight Money, so I might as well just get them. Whenever Leo returns, I'll bite. Still mad I ain't finish getting the Gloria costume for Laura.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
S4 is generally good, but they went nuts by reverting Birdie, Rashid and Karin back to braindead for reasons.

EX: Weren't spinning mixer and eagle spike designed around oki and resetting neutral respectively? They decided to ignore the interplay of his specials by completely changing eagle spike's purpose just so people wouldn't spam it for golden soldiers (when they don't even do golden soldiers anymore...)

whew

Pretty sure they'll just give that to Chun. They haven't bothered giving Ibuki any new costumes in over a year now, and don't seem particularly interested in paying attention to her unless it's to dole out more nerfs.
Ibuki is getting an Onimusha costume as per the last art book.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
That is a random Ultra Diamond Ryu player. Which makes it interesting because the blind player still managed to beat him.

This is how some pros like Justin practice by learning to react and hit confirm while blindfolded.
But like, how does he anti-air SRK? Even if there is a sound when Ryu jumps, how does the blind player know he jumped forward, rather than back or neutral?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
But like, how does he anti-air SRK? Even if there is a sound when Ryu jumps, how does the blind player know he jumped forward, rather than back or neutral?

He's at least reacting to whenever Ryu jumps. When he jump as well as the Ryu player, he tries to Air to Air or press a button whenever he air tatsu. My guess he got lucky with the DP at the end.

Here's your communication for the month

Last edited:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Another black guy banned talking about race in a topic about racism. Experiencing and actually having to live through these "shocking and sickening" clips on the daily just ain't woke enough for certain people.

I feel you, flux... How in the fuck does a black guy saying "I'm not surprised by online racism" and asking how other people are surprised, in 2019, dismissing racism?

...sorry for the off topic.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man they seriously need to do something about online.
The game might work well offline, but it's borderline unplayable even on the best connections online.

The joke of a filter that is "5 bars connection only" is the most laughable thing ever and the amount of W-Lan online players makes me wanna cry.

I honestly have no clue how you'd make it any better considering the limitations, but otherwise online is just an utterly frustrating inconsistent thing. Maybe the game just needs to be a bit slower or requires more commitment to moves. A "only cable players" option would be a start, too. At least make it consistently awful.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Man they seriously need to do something about online.
The game might work well offline, but it's borderline unplayable even on the best connections online.

The joke of a filter that is "5 bars connection only" is the most laughable thing ever and the amount of W-Lan online players makes me wanna cry.

I honestly have no clue how you'd make it any better considering the limitations, but otherwise online is just an utterly frustrating inconsistent thing. Maybe the game just needs to be a bit slower or requires more commitment to moves. A "only cable players" option would be a start, too. At least make it consistently awful.

It's weird how experiences can vary so much with online. I've had way more hits than misses, but I know many who've been having issues since 2016. I'm in the US, but I played a Brazilian Nash that felt smooth as if he was close by. Played others that are like an hr away and it'd feel awful at times.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Interesting video, in S1 only a select view charterers had a meterless invincible reversal. And instead of balance it to where everyone gets a invincible reversal, Woshige did the opposite.

in SF4, everyone has a invincible reversal, regardless if they have to spend meter or not.

Decapre's Sting reversal was balanced because each version are invincible on 1f. Light being strike invincible, medium projectile invincible and heavy being throw invincible. With the EX version being invincible against all three. It's a RPS mechanic.

For SFV's case, only Light DPs are throw invincible, medium being invincible to jump attacks and heavy being strike and projectile invincible on 3f.

Nobody uses light and heavy DP and just uses medium for a cross cut or Anti Air. Nobody even challenges a 3/4f gap frame traps despite 3f lights normals being able to blow up 4f gaps.

Another problem the series has is the Strikes-Throw-Defend being unbalance with throws having priority over strikes. It's why Crouch Teching was a thing in SF4 but it can be beaten if you simply do a frame trap and that being beaten with just blocking which can be beaten with throws. But for SFV, throws have priority over lights despite the gaps being 3/4f.

It's RPS for the player on offense but the defensive player just has rock and paper with scissors being the EX reversal IF you play a character that has one.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
V-Reversals are likely why the change was made. Having a free reversal made it so they didn't have to spend resources on the V-reversal as much as characters without them.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
It's RPS for the player on offense but the defensive player just has rock and paper with scissors being the EX reversal IF you play a character that has one.
Yes, it's called having an advantage, the player who just hit the other player with a + move, have better options to pick from! It worked that way in SFIV too and pretty much most 2D fighting games. If you want a game with pure RPS at all times, it's called DOA, and barely anyone play it for a reason. It's rarely a pure RPS outside neutral in good FGs.

Last edited:

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
V-Reversals are likely why the change was made. Having a free reversal made it so they didn't have to spend resources on the V-reversal as much as characters without them.

If only V-Reversals are good and not be used as a offensive tool while having corner control.

Yes, it's called having an advantage, the player who just hit the other player with a + move, have better options to pick from! It worked that way in SFIV too and pretty much most 2D fighting games. If you want a game with pure RPS at all times, it's called DOA, and barely anyone play it for a reason. It's rarely a pure RPS outside neutral in good FGs.
A lot of fighting games allow you to react to throws and tech them and some like MK allows you to duck under them as long as you don't block.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I'm just over 10k games played altogether and feeling burned out even more.

When I see people with 20-50k games, I feel like a pansy.

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing it's an arcade compilation seeing as how they're kinda coming from all sides nowadays. AVP would make it worth it even if it probably should've been in the Beat Em Up bundle.

The pain continues.

Another black guy banned talking about race in a topic about racism. Experiencing and actually having to live through these "shocking and sickening" clips on the daily just ain't woke enough for certain people.

I feel you, flux... How in the fuck does a black guy saying "I'm not surprised by online racism" and asking how other people are surprised, in 2019, dismissing racism?

...sorry for the off topic.

Real, it's pretty sad I can't say I was too surprised it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.